• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins has a message to Atlanta fans

Sothron

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Just going to keep bumping until we consolidate or lock the other thread.

JC’s catch-all does not need to be a trade watch thread.

Hella disrespectful.

Higher. Lol. Stop dissing 🇨🇦 guy. -Cap 🧢 

#raps #drake #samueljax #scottbarnesthefirst #wedanoth (not Chris Noth).

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I noticed you working extra after practice on some inside moves. What are you really looking to improve on?

Creating — creating for myself in terms of scoring and making more plays.

If you look at tape specifically of the limited minutes that he and Delon were on the court w/o Trae, this was happening. Then, as DJM has been the lead this preseason, that's been happening.

Think it was all just a misnomer rooted in the fact that he and Trae have had such PnR and kick-out chemistry, and so that's not lent itself to JC the Creator making his mark.

9 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

"destroy a rookie

That dude wasn’t even in the league and he bounced it off his head. Ya, we are bringing intensity this year from the tip of game 1, at least I know us fans are ready to roll and the players should be as well.

Go Hawks!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That dude wasn’t even in the league and he bounced it off his head. Ya, we are bringing intensity this year from the tip of game 1, at least I know us fans are ready to roll and the players should be as well.

Go Hawks!

I was talking about the Paolo Banchero moment.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

John Collins dishes out keys to Hawks reaching full potential amid outside noise

"I've been able to move around and get a little bit more work in," Collins said of his progress. "I'm getting back in rhythm and doing my best to get back on the court."

For a team like the Hawks, getting into a rhythm will be crucial.

During Collins' absence, Young dealt with a shoulder injury, De'Andre Hunter missed time with a hip injury, Clint Capela strained his calf and Murray sprained his ankle. Add in the fact that Bogdan Bogdanovic missed each of Atlanta's first 22 games, and it's impressive that the team is hovering around .500.

While Collins isn't in the business of making excuses, he did admit that injuries have only made the process of integrating new pieces more difficult.

"Every year is new, there's a new challenge every year — but obviously, trying to integrate new guys while other guys are out, it's hard for us to get that natural flow that teams need to be successful.

"It's been a challenge but we've been trying to push through and we're trying to be professionals. It's been rocky, but we'll figure it out."

With rocky times comes conflict, be it external or external. From trade rumors involving Collins to reports of uneasiness between Young and head coach Nate McMillan, the outside noise regarding the Hawks is seemingly louder than it's ever been.

For Collins, the key to minimizing that noise is transparency and connectedness.

"The first thing I would say is just having those conversations within the locker room," Collins told me in response to the noise surrounding the team. "Just trying to keep it in-house."

"Other than that, just trying to keep the locker room light, making sure guys aren't too high or too low, making sure we keep the pace to where we're trying to go and what we're trying to do and stay focused.

"All the outside noise is a distraction that can hinder us if we let it. We try to have that tunnel vision and keep looking forward."

'Keep it in-house': Hawks' John Collins dishes out keys to team reaching full potential amid outside noise | Sporting News

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

John Collins dishes out keys to Hawks reaching full potential amid outside noise

"I've been able to move around and get a little bit more work in," Collins said of his progress. "I'm getting back in rhythm and doing my best to get back on the court."

For a team like the Hawks, getting into a rhythm will be crucial.

During Collins' absence, Young dealt with a shoulder injury, De'Andre Hunter missed time with a hip injury, Clint Capela strained his calf and Murray sprained his ankle. Add in the fact that Bogdan Bogdanovic missed each of Atlanta's first 22 games, and it's impressive that the team is hovering around .500.

While Collins isn't in the business of making excuses, he did admit that injuries have only made the process of integrating new pieces more difficult.

"Every year is new, there's a new challenge every year — but obviously, trying to integrate new guys while other guys are out, it's hard for us to get that natural flow that teams need to be successful.

"It's been a challenge but we've been trying to push through and we're trying to be professionals. It's been rocky, but we'll figure it out."

With rocky times comes conflict, be it external or external. From trade rumors involving Collins to reports of uneasiness between Young and head coach Nate McMillan, the outside noise regarding the Hawks is seemingly louder than it's ever been.

For Collins, the key to minimizing that noise is transparency and connectedness.

"The first thing I would say is just having those conversations within the locker room," Collins told me in response to the noise surrounding the team. "Just trying to keep it in-house."

"Other than that, just trying to keep the locker room light, making sure guys aren't too high or too low, making sure we keep the pace to where we're trying to go and what we're trying to do and stay focused.

"All the outside noise is a distraction that can hinder us if we let it. We try to have that tunnel vision and keep looking forward."

'Keep it in-house': Hawks' John Collins dishes out keys to team reaching full potential amid outside noise | Sporting News

This is why I’m not giving up John. I love our guys, but JC seems to be the only one who understands what is going on and can vocalize it too. Nothing against the likes of (insert most of the rest of the team reporters talk to) but his perspective is always spot on and doesn’t seem like a programmed video game response.

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2022 at 8:00 AM, RedDawg#8 said:

Speaking to the debate about getting him more touches. 

Still a small sample size, but it shows up in the W/L column when we are involving JC and other guys who are more efficient on offense.

We are now 8-4 in games he gets 10 or more shots and 5-6 in games he doesn't, 3-5 in games he misses altogether.

• Like 3