• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 Atlanta Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

I appreciate the work and game of Mays, but would like to see Cooper blow him out of the water.  Cooper is the guy with more potential.

Mays is solid and steady, but honestly aren’t we expecting Cooper to be our eventual backup PG?  Cooper was ranked #17 overall on ESPN’s board.  He could/should be ahead of Mays on day 1.  

Mays averaged 16 points and 3 assists his senior year at LSU.  Cooper walks on the court and takes over his first game played against Alabama.  20 and 8 as a freshman.  Give me Cooper.  

Edited by Final_quest
  • Like 4

hace 42 minutos, Final_quest dijo:

I appreciate the work and game of Mays, but would like to see Cooper blow him out of the water.  Cooper is the guy with more potential.

Mays is solid and steady, but honestly aren’t we expecting Cooper to be our eventual backup PG?  Cooper was ranked #17 overall on ESPN’s board.  He could/should be ahead of Mays on day 1.  

Mays averaged 16 points and 3 assists his senior year at LSU.  Cooper walks on the court and takes over his first game played against Alabama.  20 and 8 as a freshman.  Give me Cooper.  

I think long term there is no doubt Cooper should be better

I guess I’m expecting Cooper to be superior almost from the jump.  As a freshman his first game played was on par or better than Mays best as a senior.  Why should he need a year to surpass Mays?  If you are a lesser talent there’s nothing magic about being in the NBA for a year.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Final_quest said:

The thing is, Cooper is a PG only, Mays is a combo guard. They aren't the same type of player, so there is room for both. It's not an either/or situation. Especially going forward in the next few years we are really going to need cheap bench options like Mays to keep our luxury tax bill under control. 

Delon Wright is only under contract one year for us. We probably can't afford to resign him next year. Cooper could move up to the backup PG while Mays slides in as the combo guard to replace Delon and possibly the emergency PG, for cheap. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

The thing is, Cooper is a PG only, Mays is a combo guard. They aren't the same type of player, so there is room for both. It's not an either/or situation. Especially going forward in the next few years we are really going to need cheap bench options like Mays to keep our luxury tax bill under control. 

Delon Wright is only under contract one year for us. We probably can't afford to resign him next year. Cooper could move up to the backup PG while Mays slides in as the combo guard to replace Delon and possibly the emergency PG, for cheap. 

If Lou returns, Mays would be the odd man out of the 15.

• Premium Member

Something that Mays brings that many probably knew but haven't thought about since the day we signed him....

He's said to be super-intelligent, to the point that there was some who thought he might choose pursuing a medical degree over furthering his basketball career.

For what that's worth.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Btw... that two-way contract avatar bet offer is still hanging out there for any who firmly believe Cooper's going to get a standard contract. I understand some just refuse bets of any kind as a matter of moral conscience (or so I'm left to understand). So, no dumping on any one person for avoiding the bet, but for you brave souls who cast moral conscience aside like me...

tenor.gif

... : )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey y’all let me know if anyone is going. We can get together for $1.99 steak n eggs and this lil hole in the wall. Steak n fries 🍟 if eggs aren’t your thang.

Whose going?

Sounds almost like Spud is inviting some folks down to the Waffle House to do some "straightenin."

🤼‍♂️

Everything ok in the old cul-de-sac? 

:heya:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He fits what we do. Which is PDS to extreme levels for a PG. He doesn't pass at an extreme level but he shoots it. He's a scoring guard but he does a tremendous job drawing contact and getting to the line. 6.3 FTA a game. If he impresses, maybe he can get a E10 contract which is basically making six figures instead of your 35k in the g-league usual money. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/platform/amp/2021/8/2/22606408/atlanta-hawks-summer-league-roster-las-vegas-nba-draft-picks-free-agency-rumors-trade-report?utm_campaign=peachtreehoops&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Cam is not listed on the Summer League roster anymore. While this does not mean he's out of Atlanta. It does have a major effect to what to expect from him. Without reasoning, it's hard to tell.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/platform/amp/2021/8/2/22606408/atlanta-hawks-summer-league-roster-las-vegas-nba-draft-picks-free-agency-rumors-trade-report?utm_campaign=peachtreehoops&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Cam is not listed on the Summer League roster anymore. While this does not mean he's out of Atlanta. It does have a major effect to what to expect from him. Without reasoning, it's hard to tell.

Bruno wasn't on the summer league roster when he was expected to be, gets traded..

And now Cam Reddish has been revealed to be off the summer league roster as well when he also stated that he was going to be on it..

I’ll let you guys connect the dots.