2021 Atlanta Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

hace 1 hora, NBASupes dijo:

PG - Open

SG - Mays 

SF - Reddish

PF - Knight 

C - Okongwu 

I think is clear we are drafting a backup PG because is our big need and because is the strong posicion where we are drafting. I expect us to select Sprinter, Manny, McBride or Dosunmu.

36 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I think is clear we are drafting a backup PG because is our big need and because is the strong posicion where we are drafting. I expect us to select Sprinter, Manny, McBride or Dosunmu.

Don't forget about Coop

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Take a Flyer with this guy!

~lw3

I really like Watson. I had him as a potential 2nd rounder if he came out last year. Him and Clutcher impressed me when playing with Obi Toppin 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The fact that you're signing guys to Exhibit 10 deals suggests pretty strongly that you already have under the tent the guys you plan to do two-ways with.

My money is on Cooper and Knight.

Knight would have been an option for the 15-man, until we drafted Jalen.

And I think Mays has earned a serious look to become the #3 PG.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

The fact that you're signing guys to Exhibit 10 deals suggests pretty strongly that you already have under the tent the guys you plan to do two-ways with.

My money is on Cooper and Knight.

Knight would have been an option for the 15-man, until we drafted Jalen.

And I think Mays has earned a serious look to become the #3 PG.

Hawks need to sign Cooper to a 3 year deal to secure his bird rights

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mays is a shooting guard, or at best a combo guard, not a PG. He'll be 3rd string behind Bogi and Kevin, if he makes the roster at all. I like the kid and think he makes it, but let's not pretend he's got a roster spot locked up. 

Cooper will be, at worst, our #3 PG, whether on a regular contract or a 2-way. And I'd lean heavily towards the regular contract. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Per Schlenk:

• Schlenk also noted that with the College Park Skyhawks back in action this year, it is possible that various young guys could end up getting minutes in the G League: “I think as we’ve shifted from more of a development team to more of a competitive team, I think it’s fair to say that all of our young guys may have an opportunity to go down there and get minutes. We’ve had a shift from the past few years where we draft somebody and we would put them on the floor so they get that experience. Well now because of the depth of our roster, I think it’s fair to say that you’ll see the guys we draft moving forward, in order to get them the development and playing time they need that that is going to take place in College Park from time to time.”

I love the pipeline we are developing.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Take a Flyer with this guy!

~lw3

Here are a few more notes relating to Exhibit 10 contracts:

• A team can’t carry more than six Exhibit 10 contracts at a time.
  • An Exhibit 10 contract can only be converted to a two-way deal before the regular season begins.
  • An Exhibit 10 contract that gets converted to a two-way deal can later be converted into a standard NBA contract.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

To no one in particular... evidence for believing that Mays stands some plausible chance to grab the #3 PG slot... while I also acknowledge you could see him get the #3 SG... open question. He made the most of the limited time he had, he really did.

2021-07-30_12-13-50.png

2021-07-30_12-15-41.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sturt said:

To no one in particular... evidence for believing that Mays stands some plausible chance to grab the #3 PG slot... while I also acknowledge you could see him get the #3 SG... open question. He made the most of the limited time he had, he really did.

2021-07-30_12-13-50.png

2021-07-30_12-15-41.png

His competition level clearly outclasses most third stringers.  I have him closer to a PG than SG based on his 3:1 assist to turn, .880 from the line, and great size to defend the position (didn’t realize he was 6’4” 205).  His corner three shooting bodes very well for playing off guard too tho.  He’s gonna give Cooper all the competition he wants and I’m here for it.

• Like 1

Mays is a lot better than most 2nd year/2nd round picks.

He is older than you would think at 23, and is actually older than JC by a few weeks believe it or not. So he isn't as mentality raw as most young players. He plays with maturity and does not make a lot of mistakes on the court.

He may be at or near his ceiling, but I thought he brought some really valuable skills to the table in his limited time. I don't have anything negative to say about him or his game.

I think he is a true combo. His roster spot may be as 3rd string SG, but he offers a great option as a change of pace PG if we decide to go with more size and strength as opposed to Cooper.

Im high on him, even of Im not expecting anything more than an end of rotation role player. But I'm fully confident he can excel at that responsibility. 

Assuming Atlanta resigns Knight and Mays for two way deals. Its unlikely we will find a young center worthy of starting in SL. 

PG - Coop

SG - Mays 

SF - Reddish

PF - JJ

C - Knight

Interesting to see if this works.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Assuming Atlanta resigns Knight and Mays for two way deals. Its unlikely we will find a young center worthy of starting in SL. 

PG - Coop

SG - Mays 

SF - Reddish

PF - JJ

C - Knight

Interesting to see if this works.

Not sure if it’ll work chemistry wise but I can’t wait to watch each of the players. 

Jj and Coop cuz everyone always wants to see their team’s rooks in the new threads with the team’s logo.

Cam- I wanna see him make solid moves and refine his skills. Plus, watching Cam is just always a joy on both ends.

Knight- He’s electric ⚡️ with dunk anything from anywhere.

Mays- Solid Andre Miller play. Prolly not the funnest to watch in summer league but gets a chance to earn some minutes if he stays with us.