• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 Atlanta Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

Interested to see who's starting: 

My guess is: 

Coop/Heidegger/Jaworski

Mays/Martin/Carter

Johnson/Akoon-Purcell/Watson

Schofield/Johnson both can play both forward spots. 

Knight/Moreland/Durham

Jalen Johnson
Sharife Cooper
Skylar Mays
Nathan Knight
Jeremiah Martin
Justin Jaworski
Ibi Watson
Max Heidegger - IDK who he is
DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell - I've heard of him but can't recall him
Admiral Schofield - former 2nd rounder, intriguing option.
Naz Carter - Jay-Z nephew 
Eric Moreland - Former NBA player
Juwan Durham

• Moderators
16 hours ago, niremetal said:

Could the explanation simply be Cam said "Hey, on further reflection, I don't think I'll get much out of summer league at this point. I'd rather work on my body and game separately and save my legs for training camp," and TS didn't feel strongly enough to contest the issue?

Given that Cam is up for an extension next summer (like Trae and Huerter are this Sunday), *he* might have decided that the injury risk wasn't worth it, right??

That makes perfect sense to me.  You are talking about a guy who played 29 minutes in the final game of ECF for the Hawks this year.  Playing against a bunch of guys who are desperate to make a name for themselves might not have much appeal and/or might view it as too much of an injury risk for the limited development opportunities coming with the low quality of summer league play.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, LongTimeFan said:

I'm not sure ... but I think this is the new Summer League format.

Anyone who hasn't clicked on this yet needs to do so right away.  Stop whatever you are doing.  Put down your coffee.  End your phone call.  Pull your car to the side of the road.  And watch this. 

I'm pretty sure Ivan Johnson is finding his way into this league somewhere. 

"But you are black American!"  

Ivan-Johnson.jpg

"My ****ing name is IVAN, m***********.  Now get the ***** out of my way."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Both Kirschner and Sarah are back from time off. Hopefully, they ask the tough question and report back soon.

Not many third year players with 55 starts under their belts participate in summer league.  Shouldn't be that hard of a question.

51 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not many third year players with 55 starts under their belts participate in summer league.  Shouldn't be that hard of a question.

The only thing curious about it is they said Cam would play in summer league, and now he's not. So that does raise some eyebrows. Could be nothing of course. But maybe rumors that Cam was potentially part of a trade were true, and that's why he was kept out. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The only thing curious about it is they said Cam would play in summer league, and now he's not. So that does raise some eyebrows. Could be nothing of course. But maybe rumors that Cam was potentially part of a trade were true, and that's why he was kept out. 

I was surprised when they announced he would participate so them reversing doesn't shock me.  Maybe I'd just like to hope he isn't involved in any trade.  I want to see him reach his potential in Atlanta.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I was surprised when they announced he would participate so them reversing doesn't shock me.  Maybe I'd just like to hope he isn't involved in any trade.  I want to see him reach his potential in Atlanta.

It's hard to see how selling low on Cam after year two would be worth it. Year three will be a big one for his future. 

• Moderators
Just now, bleachkit said:

It's hard to see how selling low on Cam after year two would be worth it. Year three will be a big one for his future. 

Selling low on him would ruin what has been a fantastic off-season for me.  I have zero reason to think that is happening.

• Like 2