• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Everybody, Please, Like Kris

lethalweapon3

There is no reason for him not to pick up his option. No one is offering him a multi year deal. And 5 million is damn good money for a one year prove it deal. Usually those deals are around 2 million or so, like the what Derrick Rose was getting. I expect him to be a Hawk. The only way he might opt out is the Hawks tell him, "hey you have the right to opt in, but we will be signing/drafting a guard and you probably won't be getting minutes unless someone gets hurt." Then he opts for a team that offers him less money but more playing time. Still though, if it's about money he will opt in. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think we all grade him too harshly after an injury-plagued year and probably coming back before he was ready.  Let the dude get his sea legs back under him.

Paying a guy 5 million a year to get his sea legs. Great value there. Or we could of had TJ McConnell at 4 million a year and gotten actually production. Schlenk has done an excellent job overall but he's bungled the back up point guard spot. Thank God Clippers bailed us out of the awful Rondo signing. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Paying a guy 5 million a year to get his sea legs. Great value there. Or we could of had TJ McConnell at 4 million a year and gotten actually production. Schlenk has done an excellent job overall but he's bungled the back up point guard spot. Thank God Clippers bailed us out of the awful Rondo signing. 

obviously we didn't think he would be out the whole year last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Old saw:  "A bird in hand is worth more than two in the bush."

He's a Hawk.  No reason he will not be a Hawk this upcoming season.  He's an older player.  Really?  Nope.  He's still a ways to get to 30 years of age.  Hopefully, his injured past is just that, in the past.  I continue to read that his shooting is terrible.  Perhaps that part of his game is fixable.  

Someone saw something good.  That's why he became a Hawk.  We have had only a brief glance of this Hawk player.  If he was worth the gamble when we signed him, wouldn't he be more so now that he's well?

We've never really watched him as a Hawk when he was in 100% game shape.  Hopefully, right now, he's working on his shot.  We have a sneaking suspicion that Cam has overcome his shooting problem.  No reason to believe that Dunn can't do the same.  If so, he's a real keeper.

:smug:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I know this. When Dunn is healthy he is the best on ball defensive point guard in the entire NBA. Period. Some players love to play defense. Dunn is one of those. He is in many ways ideal for backing up Trae simply due to that reason. He has such a massive wing span that he can cover 1-3 actually. 

I don't hold this past season against him. He was basically out the entire season. He has the offseason plus training camp and pre season to get back into shape. He would be insane to not to pick up his option.  So if nothing else this gives us a veteran BU PG that plays elite on ball defense. He doesn't care about getting his shots either so he could easily lead the bench mob with Cam/Bogi/Kevin/Gallo/OO plus our rookie this year. 

I think we are lucky tbh to have this guy basically in pocket. If we find someone better, great. If we don't then a determined Dunn to get a big deal from someone else is going to play ball's out next season for us. I call that a win/win.

Just work on that jumper Dunn. You will be left open a lot next year from the perimeter.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Did we pay him that money to "get his sea legs" or did we pay him to play but, unfortunately and unpredictably, he got hurt.

Don't be like that.

Plus you know good and well Dallas is gonna move heaven and earth to snap up McConnell this offseason.

😛

also noteworthy, that TJ Macc was a 2019 free agent (2 seasons at $3.5 million per) and not 2020. Perhaps Bleach's more comparable alternative as an errant PG acquisition, time-wise, instead of Dunn, would've been the great Evan Turner.

Of course, Baze would still be fooling around here (POR needed to attach a couple second-rounders just to get rid of him), and ET plus picks begat Capela in a multi-team deal, soooo, maybe not so bad, as far as Travisties go?

~lw3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

also noteworthy, that TJ Macc was a 2019 free agent (2 seasons at $3.5 million per) and not 2020. Perhaps Bleach's more comparable alternative as an errant PG acquisition, time-wise, instead of Dunn, would've been the great Evan Turner.

Of course, Baze would still be fooling around here (POR needed to attach a couple second-rounders just to get rid of him), and ET plus picks begat Capela in a multi-team deal, soooo, maybe not so bad, as far as Travisties go?

~lw3

I read Travis-tites here.

I'm just leaving that where it is ....

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would not like to hold his missed season against him, but we sure could have used him.

I would like to think he can bounce back from his injuries......but, since his rookie season where he played 78 games, he has played 52, 46 and 51 games before joining the Hawks. Just saying.

Yikes. We can't be cursed with 2 Speedys, can we?

16 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I'm willing to give it one more year, as it is a make or break year for him.

Please don't say break. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2