• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap Reunion?

ATLHawks3

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2946713-nba-sources-kyle-lowry-demar-derozan-emerge-as-pivotal-dominoes

Paul Millsap would be amenable to joining Golden State or returning to Atlanta at the taxpayer mid-level ($5.9 million). 

This only makes sense if we're trying to move off of Gallo.

• Like 4

Yeah Paul definitely did his thing here when he was here but the fit isn't quite right at this point. 

One of the only former Hawks I could see us bringing back now is Dedmon. He's familiar with Trae and the band. Gives us a player of need in a 7fter (3 & D ish Center) that can also rebound, block and catch oops. 3 ball may also come back here especially knowing he has a chance to win it all (yeah I said it).

As our starter I would say no but as a second and 3rd string backup Dedmon would fit nicely.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

taxpayer mid-level

We're not a taxpayer. At least, not yet. We can lay out as much as $9.5m for someone after we go over the cap with JC's signing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

This only makes sense if we're trying to move off of Gallo.

I thought the Galli stuff was draft-related fodder.  No need to move off him now, unless I'm missing something.

I'd also prefer we target a C but would welcome 'Sap's return.  Not sure how the money would work but what if he took Knight's role?

He wouldn't need to play much but would be an option on nights when we need spot production.  And would be another excellent vet/lockerrom presence to have.

That'd allow us to still have a roster spot for a big.  Thoughts?  Of course, if none of that makes sense, I'll just say I was hacked.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I thought the Galli stuff was draft-related fodder.  No need to move off him now, unless I'm missing something.

I'd also prefer we target a C but would welcome 'Sap's return.  Not sure how the money would work but what if he took Knight's role?

He wouldn't need to play much but would be an option on nights when we need spot production.  And would be another excellent vet/lockerrom presence to have.

That'd allow us to still have a roster spot for a big.  Thoughts?  Of course, if none of that makes sense, I'll just say I was hacked.

If Millsap is expecting minutes, then Atlanta doesn't make sense for him especially with Gallo still on the roster.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And would be another excellent vet/lockerrom presence to have.

He’s excellent. One of my all time fav Hawks. Having said that, not sure how much he has left in the tank, even if we wouldn’t need him too much. Probably addressing backup center is a smarter move.

Oh, and I saw that the Warriors were wanting Iggy back to sniff around the new Warriors. Jacob trying to recreate that 2016ish magic huh? :sleep:

37 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

If Millsap is expecting minutes, then Atlanta doesn't make sense for him especially with Gallo still on the roster.

Agreed but surely, if he's interested in coming back he should know not to expect major minutes.

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He’s excellent. One of my all time fav Hawks. Having said that, not sure how much he has left in the tank, even if we wouldn’t need him too much. Probably addressing backup center is a smarter move.

Oh, and I saw that the Warriors were wanting Iggy back to sniff around the new Warriors. Jacob trying to recreate that 2016ish magic huh? :sleep:

He seemed like a self-aware dude.  Surely he knows he's basically Haslem-status.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Me, I don't see him being interested in 3rd string, which is what he'd eventually likely be, though certainly he'd spend the first half of the season probably playing a chunk of time in the PF role beside JC's center minutes. He's old, but he's still productive compared to many of the alternatives.

Can't say I hate the idea if he were open to it, and the money works.

Just seems highly unlikely for it to work out to both sides satisfaction.

Building on the thought... in a more perfect world, we could have a back-end to our depth chart of.....

PG Lou Will

SG Kent Bazemore

SF Joe Johnson (... don't laugh... https://www.cbssports.com/big3/news/big3-basketball-week-3-results-standings-joe-johnson-hits-another-game-winner-to-push-triplets-to-3-0-start/  )

PF Paul Millsap

C Al Horford

😄

I don’t think he has much left to offer on a team that wants to compete.  I don’t think he was used much in Denver these last playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t think he has much left to offer on a team that wants to compete.  I don’t think he was used much in Denver these last playoffs.

Ya it’s kind of sad. I think Sap should get no more than 10-15 min off the pine 🌲.

• Premium Member

I think sap is picked up under the follow circumstances.

1.  We have no plans on bringing JC back. 

or 

2.  We think he can play BU C. 

or

3.  We believe that Gallo can play BU C primarily and we replace his PF minutes with Sap. 

22 minutes ago, Diesel said:

or 

or

3.  We believe that Gallo can play BU C primarily and we replace his PF minutes with Sap. 

I don't like any of those options.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

or 

or

Gross 🤮 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yea MIllsap is a shell of his former self and getting older, so not really a fit atm.