• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks sign Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot to a Non-Guaranteed Deal

ATLHawks3

Idk enough about TLC to compare him to Thabo. All I know was Thabo was flat out special on defense, and that 60-win team's ceiling and potential went up in smoke the moment he got injured because contrary to the narrative, our defense is what transformed us from good in 13-14 to elite in 14-15 and right back to good after his injury. DMC and Thabo could lock up any player in this league. Thabo goes out, we finish the year .500. DMC's leg gets injured and now we limp into the ECF with Kent Bazemore guarding Lebron, HA!

I say all that to ask, is TLC special like that on defense? Can he effect a game and lock guys up like Thabo?

Or is he just another Kent Bazemore, Cartier Martin, or Deandre Bembry, aka "inconsequential "?

On 9/12/2021 at 7:01 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Idk enough about TLC to compare him to Thabo. All I know was Thabo was flat out special on defense, and that 60-win team's ceiling and potential went up in smoke the moment he got injured because contrary to the narrative, our defense is what transformed us from good in 13-14 to elite in 14-15 and right back to good after his injury. DMC and Thabo could lock up any player in this league. Thabo goes out, we finish the year .500. DMC's leg gets injured and now we limp into the ECF with Kent Bazemore guarding Lebron, HA!

I say all that to ask, is TLC special like that on defense? Can he effect a game and lock guys up like Thabo?

Or is he just another Kent Bazemore, Cartier Martin, or Deandre Bembry, aka "inconsequential "?

I don’t know anything about him either but  there’s nothing in his numbers that is encouraging.  Had no idea he was 6’7” 220; it doesn’t help him at all on the glass.  I don’t know who would compare him to Thabo, who has one of the highest career DBPMs for a guard in history (had no idea Nate Dogg was #1). This dude is a career -1.  Can’t even compare him to Bembry.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 7:01 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

17 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I don’t know anything about him either but  there’s nothing in his numbers that is encouraging.  Had no idea he was 6’7” 220; it doesn’t help him at all on the glass.  I don’t know who would compare him to Thabo, who has one of the highest career DBPMs for a guard in history (had no idea Nate Dogg was #1). This dude is a career -1.  Can’t even compare him to Bembry.

Some folks missed the part where we said “a bit”, “thrift shop version”, “Wayfair knockoff”. Both are SFs, both are 6’7”, one weighs 215 the other 220, one has a wingspan of 7’2” the other 7’3”, one is career 33% from 3 the other 34%, one is from France the other right next door from Switzerland, and so on and so forth. Again “a bit” was a very important part of what I said 😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hazer said:

Some folks missed the part where we said “a bit”, “thrift shop version”, “Wayfair knockoff”. Both are SFs, both are 6’7”, one weighs 215 the other 220, one has a wingspan of 7’2” the other 7’3”, one is career 33% from 3 the other 34%, one is from France the other right next door from Switzerland, and so on and so forth. Again “a bit” was a very important part of what I said 😉 

Thabo's frame, just not Thabo's game, got it.

i can see the physical comps, but yeah TLC looks like a better shooting worse defending version. But their measurements are uncannily similar 

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Thabo's frame, just not Thabo's game, got it.

i can see the physical comps, but yeah TLC looks like a better shooting worse defending version. But their measurements are uncannily similar 

As are their career 3-pt %. As are their countries of origin. It’s not just frame.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thabo is from Switzerland, TLC is from France.

Yep, as I stated in my original response a few posts up. Reddawg was speaking of how they were “uncannily similar”, and I was referring to how their 3pt % and countries of origin were also “uncannily similar” (not the same). Switzerland borders France ✔️

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

And do you happen to know what the knee bone 🦴 is connected to? :dance:

And France 🇫🇷 borders Luxembourg 🇱🇺 :indifferent:

image.gif.e532ee6d269bb14d308f10f6c8071854.gif
And Belgium and Germany and Italy 😬

Edited by hazer
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

With the update from TS that Hunter, Bogi and Huerter will be limited in some capacity to start training camp, it's looking like TLC may have an inside track to the final roster spot.

Yes, I know TS said they'll be ready to start the season, but after last season I've learned not to trust TS' injury timelines.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With the update from TS that Hunter, Bogi and Huerter will be limited in some capacity to start training camp, it's looking like TLC may have an inside track to the final roster spot.

Yes, I know TS said they'll be ready to start the season, but after last season I've learned not to trust TS' injury timelines.

TLC is dealing with Visa Issues according to Schlenk. They're not expecting him to report until sometime next week at the earliest. Hopefully it doesn't cost him crucial practice time.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

TLC is dealing with Visa Issues according to Schlenk. They're not expecting him to report until sometime next week at the earliest. Hopefully it doesn't cost him crucial practice time.

I wonder if it's visa issues related to COVID vaccine. Foreign Nationals are required to have proof of vaccination and a negative test at least 3 days prior to travel. TLC is applying for a work visa so I wonder what the USCIC rules are regarding the vaccine and work visa.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2021 at 8:22 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I wonder if it's visa issues related to COVID vaccine. Foreign Nationals are required to have proof of vaccination and a negative test at least 3 days prior to travel. TLC is applying for a work visa so I wonder what the USCIC rules are regarding the vaccine and work visa.

Maybe he is the one player waiting on the last shot.