• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

23 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

MY BOY! Of course he will, I didn’t see this but not a surprise that’s his biggest issue. Go OO go OO go!

And Trav said in the exit interview clips that his top offseason assignment for OO is improving his defensive rebouding. Said his offensive rebounding is good so that shows he can do it, but needs to work on boxing out and getting better on the defensive glass.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

And Trav said in the exit interview clips that his top offseason assignment for OO is improving his defensive rebouding. Said his offensive rebounding is good so that shows he can do it, but needs to work on boxing out and getting better on the defensive glass.

Good point there he doesn’t clean the defensive as well as he does the O boards. Love it. Hoping he comes back a most improved in the league candidate next year. 

We’ll done Doc, you didn’t cave to the Raps. Now your stubbornness to leave your players in when they don’t need to be came back to bite you. That’s when bad stuff happens. The losers are frustrated, the winners are full of adrenaline. It’s like the saying of “nothing good happens after 2am.”  

I’ve never understood this old school type of coaching. Put your foot off the gas and take your players out. Unfortunately I could see the same thing happening under Nate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

We’ll done Doc, you didn’t cave to the Raps. Now your stubbornness to leave your players in when they don’t need to be came back to bite you. That’s when bad stuff happens. The losers are frustrated, the winners are full of adrenaline. It’s like the saying of “nothing good happens after 2am.”  

I’ve never understood this old school type of coaching. Put your foot off the gas and take your players out. Unfortunately I could see the same thing happening under Nate. 

I didn’t realize that injury to Embiid happened after they had put the Raptors away.  Damn.  I am extremely surprised a player hasn’t challenged his coach in that type of situation with so much attention paid to minimizing injuries and extending careers.

I really wanted to see heat vs Philly healthy although I think Miami would win in a comfortable 6 games with him anyway.  James Harden’s predictability and Doc’s panicking are snacks for Spo.

Sixers have no depth and their fans already hate how Doc plays Milsap and Jordan over Reed and Bassey (I have no idea who these dudes are).  I love to see players I watched coaching but I will never understand their disdain for developing young players with valuable, non-garbage experience.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 4/30/2022 at 10:16 AM, RandomFan said:

OO's problem is being out of position.  Rebounding requires obedience to fundamentals.  One of those is establishing position early.  OO is so reactive playing defense that he's easily pulled out of position.  It was very disappointing to see that he averaged over 20 mpg and averaged about 5.4 rpg.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Diesel said:

OO's problem is being out of position.  Rebounding requires obedience to fundamentals.  One of those is establishing position early.  OO is so reactive playing defense that he's easily pulled out of position.

Ya he’s gonna work in that I think as well as the outside shot. Yup he needs more D boards for sure but the “reactive ness” you mentioned..

I’m not trading that. That’s what wins in the playoffs.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya he’s gonna work in that I think as well as the outside shot. Yup he needs more D boards for sure but the “reactive ness” you mentioned..

That's my fear.. He has to harness the reactiveness so that he's not reacting to everything.   He's not going to be a drop back defender like Deke or Gobert but he ought to recognize when he's supposed to protect the middle and be ready to box out.   It's timing.  Right now, I don't know if he has the timing to realize that a shot is about to go up.   But if he works with the right people, he'll get there. 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Diesel said:

OO's problem is being out of position.  Rebounding requires obedience to fundamentals.  One of those is establishing position early.  OO is so reactive playing defense that he's easily pulled out of position.  It was very disappointing to see that he averaged over 20 mpg and averaged about 5.4 rpg.

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

It's all about being more disciplined which he should develop with more experience. Instead of being reactionary he'll need to develop being more anticipatory. He has some of that already just not always disciplined enough. He's played 98 regular season games and is 21. A fill offseason of development should really help since he has only rehabbed his first two offseasons.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Red Velvet, Ivan the Terrible, Plastic Man, Lemon Pepper Lou, Mount Motumbo.......the list goes on

Which Hawks player has the best nickname?

Sturt:  "The Big O"

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

Which Hawks player has the best nickname?

Sturt:  "The Big O"

I was just about to bitc… yell at you for being so politically correct with the Luka.. then you come through when least expected! :applause:

Ps If Sturt see’s this your dead.

• Haha 1