• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I get it's fun to rip Kyrie because he's crazy but to pretend Lebron was winning a championship in Cleveland without him is a little revisionist.   dude shot 44% in the playoffs and scored 27 points a game against the warriors to win the title.   

I don't think anyone is making the case that LeBron could do it all alone.  He made the finals pretty close to alone but has always had a couple of guys of at least All-Star level with him on his best teams.  As we've discussed elsewhere, that is very important to avoid defenses selling out just on him and is a key component of the vast majority of champions.

My only though on Kyrie is that he was very replaceable.  Pair LeBron with Wade and Bosh and you get rings.  Pair LeBron with Love and Irving and you get a ring.  Pair LeBron with AD and you get a ring.  You could have paired LeBron with any number of guys and won a ring.  Irving was one of those guys.  I think you could have swapped Irving and Love for prime JJ and Horford as one of many potential examples I could come up with.  LeBron is the engine for those teams.  Irving played a significant role but you swap him for Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler or Damian Lillard or Dirk Nowitzki or probably 10 other guys or swap him and Love for JJ/Horford or any number of other combinations and LeBron is still there playing the finals, imo.  

I'll cop to giving Hawmoor some grief because I think Irving is a disaster of a pairing with Trae specifically and because I think he gives Irving too much credit as a legit #1 championship level player when he is really a very good #2.  Really, when you talk about a guy who has done a great job of punishing teams for focusing on the star (like LeBron) he has a good track record in that department.  This year wasn't his best but he held out for half the year refusing to get the same kind of vaccine he has probably had a dozen times in his life as a condition of going to elementary school, etc. so this was kind of a weird one for him all around.

• Like 2

In all seriousness with this Lavine thing, I didn't realize they're not actually testing players anymore.  If he got popped, it's because he's actually sick and symptomatic.

To be clear, I'm not lol'ing at that piece.  Hoping for a speedy recovery, for sure.

But, on the angle of CHI being without a player, I toss my head back and laugh heartily.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't think anyone is making the case that LeBron could do it all alone.  He made the finals pretty close to alone but has always had a couple of guys of at least All-Star level with him on his best teams.  As we've discussed elsewhere, that is very important to avoid defenses selling out just on him and is a key component of the vast majority of champions.

My only though on Kyrie is that he was very replaceable.  Pair LeBron with Wade and Bosh and you get rings.  Pair LeBron with Love and Irving and you get a ring.  Pair LeBron with AD and you get a ring.  You could have paired LeBron with any number of guys and won a ring.  Irving was one of those guys.  I think you could have swapped Irving and Love for prime JJ and Horford as one of many potential examples I could come up with.  LeBron is the engine for those teams.  Irving played a significant role but you swap him for Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler or Damian Lillard or Dirk Nowitzki or probably 10 other guys or swap him and Love for JJ/Horford or any number of other combinations and LeBron is still there playing the finals, imo.  

I'll cop to giving Hawmoor some grief because I think Irving is a disaster of a pairing with Trae specifically and because I think he gives Irving too much credit as a legit #1 championship level player when he is really a very good #2.  Really, when you talk about a guy who has done a great job of punishing teams for focusing on the star (like LeBron) he has a good track record in that department.  This year wasn't his best but he held out for half the year refusing to get the same kind of vaccine he has probably had a dozen times in his life as a condition of going to elementary school, etc. so this was kind of a weird one for him all around.

Not sure that's the definition of 'very replaceable'.    You could switch him for best player from a handful of other teams. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In all seriousness with this Lavine thing, I didn't realize they're not actually testing players anymore.  If he got popped, it's because he's actually sick and symptomatic.

To be clear, I'm not lol'ing at that piece.  Hoping for a speedy recovery, for sure.

But, on the angle of CHI being without a player, I toss my head back and laugh heartily.

yes, they have stopped the daily testing unless players are feeling ill and have symptoms.

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Not sure that's the definition of 'very replaceable'.    You could switch him for best player from a handful of other teams. 

I also think you could switch him for a pair of pretty good players but most championships consistent of multiple guys who would be the best players on weak teams.  Like Pippen and Jordan.  Like Bron, Wade and Bosh were.  Like Pau Gasol/Shaq and Kobe.  Like Curry and Klay would be on their own team.  Like Durant, Harden and Westbrook.  Like Bird, McHale and Parrish.  Like Magic, Kareem, and Worthy. 

So as long as you have the transcendent star in LeBron you can swap a good number of one for one replacements or a two for one replacement in there and still be hunting rings.  Conversely, if you switched LeBron for another star like All-NBA (that year) stars Kevin Durant or Paul George, etc. then Irving would not have sniffed a ring.  On most of those teams above with multiple stars there is the guy you can't do without and the others that play important roles but aren't the engine.  You know that you switch McHale for Buck Williams or Tom Chambers, Charles Oakley, Barkley, Malone, etc. and the Celtics are still hunting rings while if you swap Bird for James Worthy, Alex English or other AS SFs (I'm not discussing the Hawk in the corner of the room) then the Celtics won't sniff a ring.  

LeBron is the Bird or Duncan in that example.  Irving is McHale or Manu, etc.  LeBron and Duncan don't win a ring without high quality support, including guys who could go join a lottery team and instantly be their best player, but they are the ones who are truly irreplaceable, IMO.

• Premium Member

So @Spud2nique and @kg01 that Texas Chuck mod is trying to get me banned on realgm. Check out what he said in the "Hawks post mortem" thread. After he insulted the entire Hawks fanbase I called him out on it and he changed real quick. Now he says he's talking about me directly. And then has the nerve to say I have a persecution complex...after a senior mod says in the SAME POST he was only speaking to me. He told me to report him and now I've got another mod giving me a warning DM and saying they are discussing banning me.

Unreal. 

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

So @Spud2nique and @kg01 that Texas Chuck mod is trying to get me banned on realgm. Check out what he said in the "Hawks post mortem" thread. After he insulted the entire Hawks fanbase I called him out on it and he changed real quick. Now he says he's talking about me directly. And then has the nerve to say I have a persecution complex...after a senior mod says in the SAME POST he was only speaking to me. He told me to report him and now I've got another mod giving me a warning DM and saying they are discussing banning me.

Unreal. 

Call it a blessing not to be going over to that cesspool.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

Unreal. 

RealGM is a piece of s*** site and Texas C**k is a piece of s***. He always speaks sideways about the Hawks but if you fire back, he's trying to get you banned. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

Unreal. 

Typical.  I'm sure my response will get similar treatment.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

RealGM is a piece of s*** site and Texas C**k is a piece of s***. He always speaks sideways about the Hawks but if you fire back, he's trying to get you banned. 

It used to be much better 10, 15 years ago but now it has way too many people like him on there who abuse their position to attack people and ban anyone they don't like.  I think there are still some good people there but they no longer seem to manage the mods who are abusive.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

It used to be much better 10, 15 years ago but now it has way too many people like him on there who abuse their position to attack people and ban anyone they don't like.  I think there are still some good people there but they no longer seem to manage the mods who are abusive.

Yes I remember the early 2000’s it was ran by the original guys who created it, those 4 dudes. Not sure what happened but now it’s controlled by Mavs and Raptor mods and they are very angry 😂 

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I haven’t been back I’m afraid I’ll call Bob a bitch and get banned. Bob’s just got that face. :boxing:

• Haha 3

On 4/27/2022 at 11:45 AM, JeffS17 said:

This pleases me.  I can't remember who it was -- maybe @bleachkit, but I have a bet that OO will be taking two 3s a game by 2024

MY BOY! Of course he will, I didn’t see this but not a surprise that’s his biggest issue. Go OO go OO go!

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

They closed my report with no comment about Texas Chuck. So I guess they are admitting the mods can make personal attacks against posters and there's no penalty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Ah, so that's where you learned it all?

😁  haha, just kidding AH.  Laugh with me ..... wait, is he laughing, guys?  Why's he not laughin'? 😟

28 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They closed my report with no comment about Texas Chuck. So I guess they are admitting the mods can make personal attacks against posters and there's no penalty.

Again, typical.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Sothron said:

Unreal. 

Don't worry too much.  They banned me for a while.  I survived and am back!

😇

• Sad 1