• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, AHF said:

I could see them regressing firmly into the lottery next year - especially if Hayward is out for most of the year like he was for those playoff games.  Will be interesting.  I'm not a big believer in Miles Bridges as a real star.

I see Hayward being traded for Westbrick.

26 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think the Hornets did Borrego dirty. He did a really good job developing their players. That team with no real center and McRib out the second half of the season was several games over .500.

Eh, somebody's gotta pay for their play-in (non)performances.  Sure it's just one game but it could be argued that the one game was just an out-sized display of the issues that plague them in general.

Roster wasn't great, but it was good enough to not be 30+ points down to both us and the Pacers the year before.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I see Hayward being traded for Westbrick.

I saw those proposals floating around the interwebs since Hornets got eliminated. The only reason to do it is to get out of Hayward's longer contract then buyout Westbrook.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I saw those proposals floating around the interwebs since Hornets got eliminated. The only reason to do it is to get out of Hayward's longer contract then buyout Westbrook.

Agreed.  Charlotte is not going to be a contender for at least a couple more years (if ever, of course).  So to "pause" a bit by taking on Westbrook, it will allow them to speed up things by creating more capspace a couple years earlier than keeping Hayward.  

16 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Agreed.  Charlotte is not going to be a contender for at least a couple more years (if ever, of course).  So to "pause" a bit by taking on Westbrook, it will allow them to speed up things by creating more capspace a couple years earlier than keeping Hayward.  

Bye bye 1st rd pick.. smh

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Nooo.....I don't want that. I need them to make the playoffs next year so we get their pick.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

yeah...  good reason.  They may even get a 2027 pick or 2 2nd rounders out of the deal. 

On 4/21/2022 at 1:17 PM, Spud2nique said:

Or even Ayton? If he’s a max guy he should be able to carry them past the Pelicans at least. Guess we find out how good he can be. He will get more touches but is that better or worse.

@Sothron Ayton showed up. No lie. I’m halfway on board now :sarcastic:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He's a two way player, something we don't have a lot of. 

No doubt I just question his motor sometimes but last night in a critical time when his team needed him he was there. For sure we could use that no doubt.

• Like 1

I figured that three that Delon hit in the first quarter would loom large in a predictably close game.  Super lucky as it was pretty far off but got a awesome bounce.

Bogi comes back with the B2B no-rimmers in the fourth to energize the crowd.  Awesome.

But what was the damn shot probability on that super-quick pull logo bomb that Tucker missed blocking by millimeters?  4%?  Save the season shot face ass.

• Like 2