2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

That’s when my dislike for him started. Julius Hodge was going places and one nut punch ruined it all.

I dont like him either, but I cant root for the Mavs.. 

The Mavs could break up the Suns though, which some fans would like, because they want Ayton.. lol

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Who can get out of their contract faster? That's the winner.

That is Philly since Harden is an UFA after next season (or this offseason if he doesn't exercise his player option which I think he would be a moron not to exercise unless Philly is offering him a nice long-term deal).  Simmons is on the books for 3 more years after this one.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is Philly since Harden is an UFA after next season (or this offseason if he doesn't exercise his player option which I think he would be a moron not to exercise unless Philly is offering him a nice long-term deal).  Simmons is on the books for 3 more years after this one.

Simmons is tradeable though.  Harden isn't. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Simmons is tradeable though.  Harden isn't. 

Not sure why that would be the case.  Both have been traded recently and Simmons is a huge question mark for whether he will even play next season.  For Harden, you need to buy into a revival but he was still a 21, 10 and 7 guy with a >.600TS%.  He is clearly overpaid but that seems to apply to both of them.  Ben's biggest advantage in terms of trade is his age but the questions about what we've seen from him over the last year definitely put risk into his long-term projection.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not sure why that would be the case.  Both have been traded recently and Simmons is a huge question mark for whether he will even play next season.  For Harden, you need to buy into a revival but he was still a 21, 10 and 7 guy with a >.600TS%.  He is clearly overpaid but that seems to apply to both of them.  Ben's biggest advantage in terms of trade is his age but the questions about what we've seen from him over the last year definitely put risk into his long-term projection.

Who wants Harden though?  I can't see anywhere that he fits.  And his D seems to have reverted to early Harden zero effort.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yea not sure how Simmons is more tradeable when he has chosen not to play for the entirety of a season for two different teams, while simultaneously going through a legal process to get paid for sitting out. Any team trading for him at this stage is completely idiotic. 

6 hours ago, RandomFan said:

LOOOOOOOL

When I see this pic… I see him dead inside. Good god he depresses me with that empty emotional stare. 

Hide the women and children.

ITS THE DEVIIIIILLLLLLL!!!! 👿 

#noben

#ILLQUITASAHAWKFAN

#jk 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Ooor, maybe just maybe, Ben wasn't the problem in Philly. 

The new Narrative.

They chose Ben & Tobias over Jimmy.

This new narrative implicates the front office as mismanaging everything.  It suggests that had they kept Jimmy, they would have won a chip by now. 

The hard part of this is Ben is a headcase and Tobias sucks.  While Jimmy is still getting Buckets. 

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea not sure how Simmons is more tradeable when he has chosen not to play for the entirety of a season for two different teams, while simultaneously going through a legal process to get paid for sitting out. Any team trading for him at this stage is completely idiotic. 

Any team that trade for him, will get him for cheap.

Brooklyn hasn't gone implosion yet.. but they should. 

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh maaaann ... I wonder what the real problem is ....

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47lljglcuzg3qtfu6df

I'm not a Doc apologist by any means... but the problem is more far reaching than Doc.

The real problem started Here:

When Uncertainty Becomes Unsettling – Trust the Process | Golf Performance  Center

The process made them choose Ben Simmons over everything.   I'm sure that the mental character of Simmons showed itself even before he flaked out. 

The problem continued with:

Daryl Morey believes Sixers are 'well-positioned to go on a run' with James  Harden

Morey gave up a King's ransom for James Harden.

IF Doc is smart, he should resign today.

Otherwise, the collapse of Philly will be pinned to him. 

Seth Curry would have given more than Harden did in these playoffs. 

• Like 2