2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I know few watch ESPN here, but did anyone catch the debate between JJ Redick and Pat Beverly over giving James Harden a 4 year max? Pat Beverly actually believes that James Harden should get a 4 year max deal that would pay him north of 60 million at age 37. It's incredible how many players are completely not objective about their peers. Hopefully no team ever offers Pat Bev a job in their front office, good god. 

Did you see Pat Bev's take on Chris Paul? Pat Bev is there for hot takes to bring more viewers.  He is just saying the most outrageous stuff to get ESPN views, likes, retweets, and reposts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Did you see Pat Bev's take on Chris Paul? Pat Bev is there for hot takes to bring more viewers.  He is just saying the most outrageous stuff to get ESPN views, likes, retweets, and reposts. 

He's auditioning for his post playing career is all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I understand that, but I think he really believes the things he is saying

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He is putting his name of these takes, and doing so convincingly Why should anyone doubt that he believes then?

Like people believe Skip Bayless believes what he says? 

It's gotten him millions upon millions to hate on the best players in every sport.  

So if you fall for the schtick,  that's on you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Like people believe Skip Bayless believes what he says? 

It's gotten him millions upon millions to hate on the best players in every sport.  

So if you fall for the schtick,  that's on you. 

Bayless is a professional shock jock. Pat Beverly has made 65,000,000 is his career, he doesn't need to do this. But ok. 

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Bayless is a professional shock jock. Pat Beverly has made 65,000,000 is his career, he doesn't need to do this. But ok. 

Just because you have a lot money, doesn't mean you don't want to keep making more. 

I cant believe we got embarrassed by this Miami team.........smh

They shut our star down, while Boston is making it look easy..(missing 2 starters)

Hawks have a long way to go..

Edited by terrell

41 minutes ago, terrell said:

And now Boston comes out flat in the 2nd half.. smh

The heats defense is legitimate my friend. Tatum is getting locked up now in this second half. Credit Spoelstra for always making adjustments.

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

The heats defense is legitimate my friend. Tatum is getting locked up now in this second half. Credit Spoelstra for always making adjustments.

Tatum still has 29 on good shooting.... Turning it over like crazy though..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, terrell said:

They shut our star down, while Boston is making it look easy..(missing 2 starters)

If you don’t think the heat are any good who is?  They’re only the #1 seed who’s basically thrown their former champion starting PG in the garbage and still winning playoff games by double digits.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I know few watch ESPN here, but did anyone catch the debate between JJ Redick and Pat Beverly over giving James Harden a 4 year max? Pat Beverly actually believes that James Harden should get a 4 year max deal that would pay him north of 60 million at age 37. It's incredible how many players are completely not objective about their peers. Hopefully no team ever offers Pat Bev a job in their front office, good god. 

Yeah I saw it and Reddick was nearly beside himself over Beverly saying Harden is worth a supermax. It was legitimately refreshing to see someone giving an obviously stupid opinion the business. JJ told Bev in not so many words that he was a flipping moron. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

If you don’t think the heat are any good who is?  They’re only the #1 seed who’s basically thrown their former champion starting PG in the garbage and still winning playoff games by double digits.

I never said they werent any good. I had the Heat #1 before the season started.. lol.. 

We werent competitive at all, is what I was saying..

Edited by terrell

4 hours ago, terrell said:

I never said they werent any good. I had the Heat #1 before the season started.. lol.. 

We werent competitive at all, is what I was saying..

Oh I got you.  When your best iso player is also your best playmaker and role player and the whole team follows suit you’re gonna be tough to beat.  I’m also starting to understand why they insist on Bam at the 5.

I hope they meet Luka to see how he and the Mavs try to counter the wicked ball pressure Trae saw.  I think the Warriors are gonna roll the Mavs tho.  Small Ball Extravaganza in the Finals.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

Did anyone catch Udoka saying in the huddle while they were getting smothered in the second half something to the effect of 'quit pointing fingers and blaming your teammates'?   I could have misinterpreted but thought that was interesting.   Their season this year is eerily similar to ours last year so far.  

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Call me when they play a healthy team!

It's easy to apply defensive pressure when key people are missing.  If Smart plays last night, does Jimmy go for 41 (with what 16 FTA)??  If Horford plays last night, does Bam get to sit back and play defensive back like he has in the last two series with missing Centers?  The road to the Finals have been paved with injured teams for Miami.   This is worse than the Bubble.

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, terrell said:

Lol!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1