• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

We're already criticizing hawks mgt for maybe not signing Delon Wright?  I mean we did sign him and played him.  The guy has been on 5 teams in 5 years but the Hawks are the one's not recognizing his talent?  Just seems like folks have decided that Nate and Travis are now idiots.   Let's just let them do their jobs this summer and then weigh in rather than assuming they are going to screw up. 

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Where's the fun in that?

:laugh1:.....then at the end of the offseason, we can pull receipts and say...."You were saying :er:"

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think you using 'they' is a nice touch but we all know you sleep in a D. Wade jersey and on mismatch Miami Heet sheets.  😉

Agree on Wright, btw.  How can anyone see him and not recognize his worth?  Don't overthink it, Hawks.

Never been a fan of D Wade.  Awesome player no question, but never a true heat guy nor LeBron.  Way too self-absorbed.  No coincidence he serves therm in no capacity but has ownership in the Jazz and is a fashion model for TNT.  I’ll take the Chalmers or Norris Cole jersey lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

What the heck? So this is the good clean thread. Maaaaaan y’all are messed up. Had me wrestling 🤼‍♂️ wit Terrell in the other room.. just the two of us with Peo watching before Warcore threw in the towel at them being weird. :blanky:

Next time.. how bout a lil nudge that we in this room k… :indifferent: 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Never been a fan of D Wade.

I had a discussion/wrestling match with AHF about Wade a few years back. I said I’d take Dumars over him and he yelled at me a lil.

20 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

a true heat guy

image.gif.03a37cd4c42fbe9d9d607c36c905619f.gif

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Never been a fan of D Wade.  Awesome player no question, but never a true heat guy nor LeBron.  Way too self-absorbed.  No coincidence he serves therm in no capacity but has ownership in the Jazz and is a fashion model for TNT.  I’ll take the Chalmers or Norris Cole jersey lol.

I have a big problem with Wade and Grant Hill. Why don’t we just have them slide over to GQ where they wanna be and leave the NBA altogether!  Why are you in this business besides self glorification and money guys. 

#avoidthecobblethread 👿 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

How was he not a Heat guy?  He is “the” Heat guy. Took a pay cut his whole time there and only left because Riley’s stubborn self wouldn’t finally pay him what he was worth. Still came back, buried the hatchet, and gave his fans one last run.

If he wants to pursue other financial opportunities after his career that pop up, then good for him.  He has done plenty for that franchise. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

How was he not a Heat guy?  He is “the” Heat guy. Took a pay cut his whole time there and only left because Riley’s stubborn self wouldn’t finally pay him what he was worth. Still came back, buried the hatchet, and gave his fans one last run.

If he wants to pursue other financial opportunities after his career that pop up, then good for him.  He has done plenty for that franchise. 

All valid points, I just checked his salaries.  Never topped $20M with the heat.  I admit Pat reminds me of a nostalgic time, Wade reminds me of the present that I’m not a big proponent of lol.  Wade’s 08-09 campaign was absolutely phenomenal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, benhillboy said:

@TheNorthCydeRises I’m sure you know the Hawks haven’t covered a dog spread in a loss in like 66 games?!?!  The World of Betting, where the impossible is probable lol.

I didn't know it was 66 games, but I knew they weren't the type of team that covered in a loss.  And they were terrible as a road dog. Like last in the league terrible.

• Moderators
18 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I'll pass on any and all Heat jerseys.  

12 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

All valid points, I just checked his salaries.  Never topped $20M with the heat.  I admit Pat reminds me of a nostalgic time, Wade reminds me of the present that I’m not a big proponent of lol.  Wade’s 08-09 campaign was absolutely phenomenal.

Yeah.  I'm not a Wade fan in the sense that I never rooted for the guy or his teams but had to respect his play from the first time I saw him in the NCAA tournament to his last relevant seasons.  His play from his mid to late 20's is pretty much at 1st team All-NBA level every season.  Really talented player and no-brainer HOFer.  His face should be first on the mount rushmore of heat lifers.  Which doesn't endear him to me as a Hawks fan.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait, POR is hiring Mike Schmitz as aast GM?

This guy was asked who the next great Euro was gonna be.  His answer: Killian Hayes

Good luck with that, Blazers.  Hehe

The ESPN draft guy?

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here is what caught my eye:

More specifically, the Celtics with a healthy frontcourt are doing the job.

With a healthy Capela and JC we would have been at least more competitive than we were vs Miami. Just more realistic options.

Because of the threat Williams poses as a lob-catcher and putback merchant, Miami can't comfortably stash a wing on him to free Bam Adebayo, the team's Defensive Player of the Year candidate, to defend either of the Jays.

But because of Horford's ability to get busy on the block, wings aren't really safe on him either. PJ Tucker is the lone player aside from Adebayo who can defend bigs or forwards with the same confidence, if not effectiveness, altogether

2022-05-27_07-59-44.png

2022-05-27_07-59-44.png

2022-05-27_07-59-44.png

2022-05-27_07-59-44.png

2022-05-27_07-59-44.png

2022-05-27_07-59-44.png

2022-05-27_07-59-44.png

2022-05-27_07-59-44.png

2022-05-27_07-59-44.png

2022-05-27_07-59-44.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1