• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
2 hours ago, terrell said:

No shots. This is a forum.. I dont care if anyone takes me serious or not. lol.   Im just giving my opinion on the team...Just like Peo... smh

Yep.  Luckily this board has very few, if any, posters that i find insincere.   It's why we're all here right.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Nobody doubted their goodness, just like I don't doubt the Lakers in the Bubble were a good team.

What I am saying however, is that they were very fortunate because they have had a road filled with injured teams.  Not just one injured team, three so far.   Does this put their goodness in question?  No.  Does this make you question if they could beat the same teams while healthy... Yes. 

I think the thing you're missing NCyde is not the questioning of the goodness of Miami, but I think people automatically think that Miami is playing against inferior teams because of the outcome.  Right now, there are people who are equating Jimmy Butler to Michael Jordan. They have ignored everything that Butler was in the reg season and say that because of this playoffs...  blah blah blah.  The details are being ignored. 

I can't go by the would've - could've -should've.  Health is always the wild card during the playoffs.

But now you're questioning how good Jimmy is?  Jimmy was hurt during the season too.  And the Heat have their starting PG out, and they're arguably BETTER without him.

Jimmy has always shown the ability to play like this during the playoffs. 

He did it in the bubble, which people want to discount, but you really can't. 

He did it in Philly.

He did it in Minnesota

He did it in Chicago

What you're seeing in Miami is Jimmy at his NBA peak.  Early 30s.  Has seen everything.  Knows his offensive and defensive capabilities.  If he isn't the best 2-way wing in the league, he's top 3 easily.

The dude just turns it up a notch in the playoffs, and always has.  The only people left in the playoffs that can possibly guard him is Marcus Smart and Andrew Wiggins.  The Hawks and Sixers had no one who could stop him, so he ran right through both of those teams.

This is why we need to upgrade our wing personnel.  Find a dynamic player who can score the basketball, or find a very good 2-way player who can impact the game on both ends on a consistent basis.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I agree about Jimmy but not sure what happened last year?  was he hurt?   He sucked in the playoffs last year but i just feel like the supporting cast this year is so strong.  Duncan Robinson was good in the bubble and now doesn't see the floor.  They've added some really good players.  

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What you're seeing in Miami is Jimmy at his NBA peak.  Early 30s.  Has seen everything.  Knows his offensive and defensive capabilities.  If he isn't the best 2-way wing in the league, he's top 3 easily.

The dude just turns it up a notch in the playoffs, and always has.  The only people left in the playoffs that can possibly guard him is Marcus Smart and Andrew Wiggins.  The Hawks and Sixers had no one who could stop him, so he ran right through both of those teams.

This is why we need to upgrade our wing personnel.  Find a dynamic player who can score the basketball, or find a very good 2-way player who can impact the game on both ends on a consistent basis.

See this is that statistical mystical stuff I'm talking about. 

Philly has both Green and Thybulle. 

People talk up the greatness of Jimmy Butler in the playoffs.. but who has he played against?  Teams missing key players or who has key players that are walking wounded. 

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I agree about Jimmy but not sure what happened last year?  was he hurt?   He sucked in the playoffs last year but i just feel like the supporting cast this year is so strong.  Duncan Robinson was good in the bubble and now doesn't see the floor.  They've added some really good players.  

It was the same team last year.  He played Milwaukee... who was healthy. 

6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Did I say every athlete that pledges money is lying? No I didnt. Nice starwman. But here's an article about scam charities run by athletes https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/9125446/rethink-giving-athlete-charities

Yeah, but your statements are always about the minority.  Most athletes don't do that, but you chimed in to say, well athletes do it for the PR.  

While most do it for the PR and follow through. 

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, but your statements are always about the minority.  Most athletes don't do that, but you chimed in to say, well athletes do it for the PR.  

While most do it for the PR and follow through. 

Yes but some dont, and some have scam charities as confirmed by this article, which is fairly thorough. I never said it was the majority nor did I imply it was the majority.

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yes but some dont, and some have scam charities as confirmed by this article, which is fairly thorough. I never said it was the majority nor did I imply it was the majority.

But what's the  point of adding something negative to a positive post about an athlete doing good? 

Who isn't aware that a minority does this? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, marco102 said:

But what's the  point of adding something negative to a positive post about an athlete doing good? 

Who isn't aware that a minority does this? 

The original post I was responding to was about Amber Heard's fake  charity pledge, so it was germane to the discussion. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 10:58 PM, JTB said:

The heats defense is legitimate my friend. Tatum is getting locked up now in this second half. Credit Spoelstra for always making adjustments.

It doesnt look as legit vs Boston as it did vs the Hawks was my point...........Celtics were up 14 in game 1 without 2 starters.. Up 25 tonight...Lets see what adjustments they make tonight..

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Heat look gassed and disinterested tonight

Why? Because the Celtics are making it look easy again? The Heat looked like the best defense in History vs us....Thats why I said we have work to do... 

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

No..Their rotations on defense look like the Hawks on a bad night.  Plus they can't rebound.

And the Celtics have nothing to do with that? The Heat are good but they arent as good as they looked vs us..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

In game 1, the Heat had 10 steals and blocked 12 shots...In this game they have 1 and 1

Marcus Smart had 12 Assists...  What a difference the starting PG makes. 

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Marcus Smart had 12 Assists...  What a difference the starting PG makes. 

He also played great defense.......What a difference that makes also...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, Diesel said:

See this is that statistical mystical stuff I'm talking about. 

Philly has both Green and Thybulle. 

People talk up the greatness of Jimmy Butler in the playoffs.. but who has he played against?  Teams missing key players or who has key players that are walking wounded. 

It was the same team last year.  He played Milwaukee... who was healthy. 

Happy All In GIF by MSNBC - Find & Share on GIPHY