• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Where was this great defensive culture last night?  How in the HELL do you get beat by 25 points on your home floor if you are so great?

A fully healthy Boston team beat Miami like a drum last night. 

a fully healthy Philly team would have beat Miami.

A fully healthy Atlantat team would have won more games against Miami .

Do You Know What Time It Is GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm with you on all other points, but there wasn't any way a GLLLLLLLLenn Rivers-coached team was advancing past any opponent with a mild pulse.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Where was this great defensive culture last night?  How in the HELL do you get beat by 25 points on your home floor if you are so great?

C's are better than the Hawks...

Hawks have 1 guy that can dribble...(we start 3 players who cant dribble or pass, and the other guy is as passive as they come and scared of contact)

And only a few good defenders..(and some really bad ones)

The team is poorly constructed.

Celtics have only lost 1 qtr to the Heat so far in 2 games...On the Road

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Miami isn't fully healthy though.

Do they get to use that excuse now?

14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Miami isn't fully healthy though.

Do they get to use that excuse now?

Boston wasn't either.  They were missing white for the birth of his child. 

Who were the heat missing? Lowry?  Seems like they were both on an even playing field. 

• Premium Member
On 5/20/2022 at 9:58 AM, Diesel said:

Heat defense looks better tonight

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Heat defense looks better tonight

Heat are such a streaky squad. Like, they will absolutely dominate certain stretches of games. They feed off each other and that momentum carries them.

It’s weird how they will look unbeatable, then end up losing a game like game 2. When they dominated half that game.

• Premium Member
On 5/20/2022 at 9:58 AM, Diesel said:

Somebody else is down by 25 at home...Looks like the defense culture is back!

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Heat are such a streaky squad. Like, they will absolutely dominate certain stretches of games. They feed off each other and that momentum carries them.

It’s weird how they will look unbeatable, then end up losing a game like game 2. When they dominated half that game.

They looked tired in that 2nd game.  They look like themselves on defense this game

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

With losing Jimmy, benching Herro, and mixing in zone that would’ve been a signature road win for most coaches.  Small potatoes for Spo.

Hawks gotta learn something watching this dude coach right???  Instead management is like we need to move on from D. Wright because he isn't a dynamic scorer.  That in a nutshell defines the Hawks management

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Hawks gotta learn something watching this dude coach right???  Instead management is like we need to move on from D. Wright because he isn't a dynamic scorer.  That in a nutshell defines the Hawks management

If the Hawks don’t lock him up (which I’m doubting) I guarantee the heat will offer to overpay him.  They see their prototype after they tweak his finishing ability.

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

If the Hawks don’t lock him up (which I’m doubting) I guarantee the heat will offer to overpay him.  They see their prototype after they tweak his finishing ability.

I think you using 'they' is a nice touch but we all know you sleep in a D. Wade jersey and on mismatch Miami Heet sheets.  😉

Agree on Wright, btw.  How can anyone see him and not recognize his worth?  Don't overthink it, Hawks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

We're already criticizing hawks mgt for maybe not signing Delon Wright?  I mean we did sign him and played him.  The guy has been on 5 teams in 5 years but the Hawks are the one's not recognizing his talent?  Just seems like folks have decided that Nate and Travis are now idiots.   Let's just let them do their jobs this summer and then weigh in rather than assuming they are going to screw up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

We're already criticizing hawks mgt for maybe not signing Delon Wright?  I mean we did sign him and played him.  The guy has been on 5 teams in 5 years but the Hawks are the one's not recognizing his talent?  Just seems like folks have decided that Nate and Travis are now idiots.   Let's just let them do their jobs this summer and then weigh in rather than assuming they are going to screw up. 

I’m with this. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Bam is such a beast!

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yep I agree!

51 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Where's the fun in that?

• Haha 1