2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

HOU trades Wood to DAL

*yawn*

**What's this Wood's 8th team in 7 years?

**ETA: Excuse my slander and lies, this is actually Wood's 7th team in 8 years.

It seems like everyone keeps passing the wood around.......:ninja:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

HOU trades Wood to DAL

*yawn*

**What's this Wood's 8th team in 7 years?

**ETA: Excuse my slander and lies, this is actually Wood's 7th team in 8 years.

I hope you are right about him. I’m a little worried because they fleeced the Rockets 🚀 imo. I hate it because I THINK the Mavs get better but again I hope you are right and there’s a reason he keeps getting passed around so much.

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

The Dubs-to-Hawks pipeline still drips!

~lw3

He steps out of line once we should cut him. Not cuz he doesn’t deserve a second chance but because the Warriors can lick it. :laugh1: Look, we ain’t trying to be the Warriors. People who say “follow the Warriors format”… sure, build me a tech startup industry in Atlanta, then make billions and have Adam Sliver suck off your teet. That’s the blueprint folks, not a deep bench, or a good shooting backcourt or a WWF wrestler named Jamal playing basketball. You need refs, to buy them out, buy Adam Sliver, then compete.

Rant over. Welcome new guy. Schlenk is going well, our trainer, the Aussie lady, I dunno, not so much all our players are injured. Do what you can new guy.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
On 6/14/2022 at 9:25 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

He made an interesting comment though - he was putting up number in Minny but they weren't winning so no one cared - he's winning now so it matters.

Maybe, just maybe there is another difference:

image.png

One place you stretch the floor with your spacing, reduce the usage, and have good scoring efficiency for a wing and the other place you don't space the floor, you take too many shots, and you miss way too many shots to ever be considered an efficient scorer.  Those differences (scoring more efficiently in particular) mean big gains in performance metrics.  Shock of all shocks, the place where you do better your performance is more respected.  

Nobody should be respected for scoring at a .521% TS% - especially not as ultra athletic big wing.  That is a garbage number in an era where the league average is .565% TS%.  (His .562% number is almost surely above average for wings.)

• Moderators
17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Good stuff.  Backs up what my eyes told me - that JC is the better PnR partner for Trae and is forced to spend more time on the perimeter because Cap can't do anything else on offense.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Good stuff.  Backs up what my eyes told me - that JC is the better PnR partner for Trae and is forced to spend more time on the perimeter because Cap can't do anything else on offense.

There was an article that stated that JC has been the one to sacrifice his game the most to accommodate Clint.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There was an article that stated that JC has been the one to sacrifice his game the most to accommodate Clint.

I think that is a no-brainer.  JC's best play is partnering with Trae on the PnR and he largely gave that up to let CC run that since JC can stretch the floor while CC would clog it if they kept JC on the PnR.  Losing CC would really hurt our defense so this makes perfect sense and is best for the team but if we trade CC and get someone with more range then it opens the door to JC getting more run in PnR situations.

• Like 2