• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Is it me or does this Finals feel more like an early-round playoff matchup?

One of these teams is gonna be a "historical" group?  Meh...

The what? If a tree 🌲 falls in the forest 🌳 and Spud doesn’t hear it, did it really make a sound? #deepthoughts

#scrubseasyride #nuggs #grizz #avs #schmelts

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Reminds me of a Pac song 🎵 F Mobb Deep F biggie… etc.

Warriors.. Celts..Heat..Mavs..

Its literally day 30 of the boycott.

Last game I say was the Bucks Celts on May 15.

Can’t wait till the 23rd. Really the 20th.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The what? If a tree 🌲 falls in the forest 🌳 and Spud doesn’t hear it, did it really make a sound? #deepthoughts

#scrubseasyride #nuggs #grizz #avs #schmelts

Technically, the falling tree only produces soundwaves, not sound.  Someone, or something, with hearing receptors (ear drums) has to be present to turn the soundwaves into sound.  
So, since Spud would undoubtedly be constantly talking, he probably wouldn't notice the sound.  🙂

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Reminds me of being a kid and looking for martial arts movies (Bruce Lee only) and going through 1000 horrible versions of actors that looked like him and tried to like him but it lacked authenticity. Same with these finals. 

It’s clear Adam Silver has that Silicon start up money 💰 hoarding as we speak. No way a team with Wiggins does anything if refs not heavily involved. I hear Wiggins is doing well, I still don’t believe it. Lol. 

• Premium Member
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gallinari still has not given up on his dream of winning a ring in the NBA but knows that his body won’t allow him to play forever. “The body is what speaks. At my age, my mind says it would like to play for a lifetime, but the body does not always follow the mind,” said Gallinari. “I feel good at the moment. My dream is to win a ring in the NBA,” Gallinari revealed.

via BasketNews

:laugh1: I love how Bogi and Gallo are like ..wait what? Euro ball? Oh hewwwwwllll nah we tore up 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I hear Wiggins is doing well, I still don’t believe it. Lol. 

He's been the story for the Warriors from what I've seen! He really impressed me last night with his attacking and rebounding at his position. I never liked him, but I gotta say, I'm proud of him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, warcore said:

He's been the story for the Warriors from what I've seen! He really impressed me last night with his attacking and rebounding at his position. I never liked him, but I gotta say, I'm proud of him. 

Sometimes players just need to find their best roles. Miscast as a lead guy for his years in Minny - he's done well in a complimentary role to a superstar.

He made an interesting comment though - he was putting up number in Minny but they weren't winning so no one cared - he's winning now so it matters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Spud2nique can’t fool me he’s loving these Finals.

The two top rated defenses in the league, Wardell III at 27/ 5/ 6, Boston shooting 41% from three, awesome redemption stories of Klay and Wiggs, laughing at Al’s lack of production.  

True Jimmy would’ve made it 10X better, but still a proper Finals for sure.  Now last year was a snore fest with the way Phoenix wilted.

10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The two top rated defenses in the league, Wardell III at 27/ 5/ 6, Boston shooting 41% from three, awesome redemption stories of Klay and Wiggs, laughing at Al’s lack of production.  

True Jimmy would’ve made it 10X better, but still a proper Finals for sure.  Now last year was a snore fest with the way Phoenix wilted.

Last game I watched was Celts Bucks May 15. I don’t like about boycotting. 

11 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Agreed

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47w612b7k58dt8b2k1pp

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Now last year was a snore fest with the way Phoenix wilted.

I watched maybe a few quarters of last year’s finals. I stopped watching after the ref and Trae’s foot 🦶 really. Until we got knocked out.

Just now, kg01 said:

Agreed

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47w612b7k58dt8b2k1pp

I swear on my mother and my dog. I haven’t watched a minute.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I watched maybe a few quarters of last year’s finals. I stopped watching after the ref and Trae’s foot 🦶 really. Until we got knocked out.

I swear on my mother and my dog. I haven’t watched a minute.

Oh I know you mean it.  I was just bristling at the Heet fan tryna bring Heet players into a discussion that had nothing to do with them.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
On 6/14/2022 at 9:25 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Sometimes players just need to find their best roles. Miscast as a lead guy for his years in Minny - he's done well in a complimentary role to a superstar.

He made an interesting comment though - he was putting up number in Minny but they weren't winning so no one cared - he's winning now so it matters.

This is one of the big reasons why I don't hate on players (another being that EVERY pro basketball player is beyond talented).  I feel that there are circumstances that will allow any player to thrive in a different situation.  I never understood why people hyper-focus on a single weakness and use that as the player's overall measuring stick. 

I'd also like to add that I take a critical view of a player based upon the same kind of circumstances.  For example, there are great players that improve one thing for us, but may force us to make adjustments in other areas.  With those adjustments being just as big, if not bigger than the move to acquire said player (names intentionally withheld lol).

• Like 2