• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

That leads us to this series, where the Celtics are dictating terms on offense. More specifically, the Celtics with a healthy frontcourt are doing the job.

To that point, the Celtics have posted a 115.8 Offensive Rating — the equivalent of the NBA's second-best offense if extrapolated over the course of a season — with the Horford-Williams duo on the court over the last two games, per Second Spectrum. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Wait, so you tellin me it makes a difference when your front court is healthy and able to contribute at normal levels?

This are shocking.  Quick somebody tell my heat fan BIL.  Oh, I guess I'll have to do it .... with maximum amounts of smugness. 

🤓

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here is what caught my eye:

More specifically, the Celtics with a healthy frontcourt are doing the job.

With a healthy Capela and JC we would have been at least more competitive than we were vs Miami. Just more realistic options.

Because of the threat Williams poses as a lob-catcher and putback merchant, Miami can't comfortably stash a wing on him to free Bam Adebayo, the team's Defensive Player of the Year candidate, to defend either of the Jays.

But because of Horford's ability to get busy on the block, wings aren't really safe on him either. PJ Tucker is the lone player aside from Adebayo who can defend bigs or forwards with the same confidence, if not effectiveness, altogether

Capela's lack of post up threat is a killer for us against that style of defense. That said, we could have done so much more than we did if we had a healthy JC and Capela. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Capela's lack of post up threat is a killer for us against that style of defense. That said, we could have done so much more than we did if we had a healthy JC and Capela. 

Facts.

Can I quote you when I hammer this point home with my heat-fan BIL?

I'm gonna be all, "Man, you musta really overrated your team when ya'll defeated a Hawks team that was completely diminished by injury."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Whaaaat?  You tellin me the Heet, finally facing a near healthy team, are ... struggling?

I. Am. Shocked.

Can we get a wellness check on @benhillboy?  Series ain't over but I think we need to keep an eye on him.  It'll be ok, bud. 

Can you imagine, heat fans are complaining about injuries and officiating too like some Hawks fans. I can’t escape this sh*t.

heat will go down fighting though, I guarantee that.  My dream Finals of Jimmy x Steph is still alive dammit.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Facts.

Can I quote you when I hammer this point home with my heat-fan BIL?

I'm gonna be all, "Man, you musta really overrated your team when ya'll defeated a Hawks team that was completely diminished by injury."

I totally agree if we weren't so banged up it would have been a good series.   But it's hard to be too loud about it when Jimmy didn't even play the last game and we got beat by Oladipo. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

NBA playoff broadcasts would benefit from taking a cue from the NFL, and having a somewhat-respected retired ref on the crew to consult when there's a questionable call.

Just sayin.

36 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Let's be honest, covering UGA football is probably considered a promotion at the ajc. 

Thats all you saw there, macd?  Wow and I defended you against squd and burd too. 

Smdh.  The betrayal is what gets me. 😪

• Haha 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Thats all you saw there, macd?  Wow and I defended you against squd and burd too. 

Smdh.  The betrayal is what gets me. 😪

Well i'm a GT fan but the fact that they have one reporter on both beats tells you something about how much coverage you think they'll be giving the hometown team.  

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I like Darvin a lot.  To me this is how you handle it.   

He handled that like a champ.  LA should still dump Westbrook like he was on fire if anyone will take him.  He was an obvious bad for when they traded for him and he was obviously terrible with them on the floor last year.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, AHF said:

He handled that like a champ.  LA should still dump Westbrook like he was on fire if anyone will take him.  He was an obvious bad for when they traded for him and he was obviously terrible with them on the floor last year.

No doubt.  He played 35 minutes/game.   That's crazy.   LAL really have a terrible roster outside of Lebron/AD.  Get Russ down to 20-25 minutes then maybe he can be useful.  

• Premium Member

The NBA and NBPA are set to hold preliminary CBA talks in Boston on Wednesday, June 8. Both the NBA and NBPA have the ability to opt out of the current CBA this December. That opt out would take place following the 2022-23 season.

Both parties are interested in avoiding any sort of lockout or work stoppage. The NBA and NBPA have worked together to avoid any stoppages prior to the expiration of the CBA in 2017. This meeting is to begin preparing for more serious CBA negotiations in the coming months.

There is optimism that any sort of work stoppage can be avoided this time around, as well. Both sides worked well together to complete multiple seasons impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This included a restart of the 2020 season in the bubble, as well as several concessions by both sides during the 2019-20 through 2021-22 seasons.

ADRIAN WOJNAROWSKI/ESPN

• Like 1