• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

What's the uncertainty around his NBA future though?   The vaccine mandate will probably be dead next season and the dude scored like crazy.   I agree he's out there but someone will want him if not the Nets. 

Kyrie can play.  He is worth the chance.  In fact,  Brooklyn kept the right guard by shipping Harden out to Philly.  Ask Philadelphia. At one point, it was rumored that either he or Kyrie were headed to Philly.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Kyrie can play.  He is worth the chance.  In fact,  Brooklyn kept the right guard by shipping Harden out to Philly.  Ask Philadelphia. At one point, it was rumored that either he or Kyrie were headed to Philly.

And it kind of makes no sense not to run back Kyrie/Simmons/KD and see what they can do together.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And it kind of makes no sense not to run back Kyrie/Simmons/KD and see what they can do together.  

The Brooklyn GM was very loudly and conspicuously making it clear that isn't guaranteed to happen.  Pretty clear he feels Kyrie (and possibly Simmons) didn't put the team first and didn't care enough to be there and that this isn't what they want for the team.  

This is pretty unusual for a GM and a very loud signal about having second thoughts about Kyrie (and perhaps Simmons):

"We need people here that want to be here," Marks said Wednesday. "They're selfless, that want to be part of something bigger than themselves -- and there's an objective and there's a goal at stake here. And in order to do that, we're going to need availability from everybody."

When asked specifically whether the Nets were committed to Irving long term, Marks was noncommittal.

"Look, I think that's something we've been discussing and we will continue to debrief on and discuss throughout this offseason," Marks said. "It's honestly not just Kyrie; you bring Kyrie up, but we have decisions to make on a variety of different free agents throughout our roster. We haven't had any of those discussions yet, so it would be unfair for me to comment on how it looks with us and Kyrie because, to be quite frank, he has some decisions to make on his own.

"So he has to look at what he's going to do with his player option, and so forth like that. I think we know what we're looking for. We're looking for guys that want to come in here and be part of something bigger than themselves. Play selfless, play team basketball and be available -- and that goes not only for Kyrie but for everybody here."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33898176/brooklyn-nets-gm-discusses-kyrie-irving-future-says-team-wants-selfless-players-available

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

The Brooklyn GM was very loudly and conspicuously making it clear that isn't guaranteed to happen.  Pretty clear he feels Kyrie (and possibly Simmons) didn't put the team first and didn't care enough to be there and that this isn't what they want for the team.  

This is pretty unusual for a GM and a very loud signal about having second thoughts about Kyrie (and perhaps Simmons):

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33898176/brooklyn-nets-gm-discusses-kyrie-irving-future-says-team-wants-selfless-players-available

I can see this with Kyrie, not Simmons.  Ben was legit hurt.  You don't get back surgery to 'prove a point'.

("Bang!  How you like them apples!?" - Simmons Apologist Society)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can see this with Kyrie, not Simmons.  Ben was legit hurt.  You don't get back surgery to 'prove a point'.

("Bang!  How you like them apples!?" - Simmons Apologist Society)

What's the deal with that though?   How'd he hurt his back playing xbox?  Why didn't he get surgery a year ago?

• Like 1

Oh dang, I just saw the clip of Flopbiid ending Danny Green's career with another of his patented, flop-jobs.  Yikes man, put a warning out on that video.  That's was nasty.

Anybody know if JoeLLLLLLLL's blamed Danny's knee for not being aggressive enough like he did all his other teammates?

• Haha 4

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

Oh dang, I just saw the clip of Flopbiid ending Danny Green's career with another of his patented, flop-jobs.  Yikes man, put a warning out on that video.  That's was nasty.

Anybody know if JoeLLLLLLLL's blamed Danny's knee for not being aggressive enough like he did all his other teammates?

But JoeL's been playing with a meniscus tear for like 2 years now.  Danny just isn't as tough i guess. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

What's the deal with that though?   How'd he hurt his back playing xbox?  Why didn't he get surgery a year ago?

IIUC, he's had a back 'thing' for years.  Perhaps it flared enough to need surgery due to the layoff and ramp-up?

I dunno, macd.  I'm not a doctor.  I only play one when I'm picking up hitchhikers at the truck stop.  

• Haha 1

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

IIUC, he's had a back 'thing' for years.  Perhaps it flared enough to need surgery due to the layoff and ramp-up?

I dunno, macd.  I'm not a doctor.  I only play one when I'm picking up hitchhikers at the truck stop.  

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The player that we should trade for is Josh Hart.

I would send PTL Kev/1st round pick for Hart. 

Thats an ancillary move, at best.  We're looking for 2nd options, sun.  Hart ain't that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Diesel said:

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thats an ancillary move, at best.  We're looking for 2nd options, sun.  Hart ain't that.

....and that's an overpay for Hart.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Didnt we turn that deal down at the deadline? 

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You must be kidding. 

Hart is a 2 way player.... who is 6'5", can run the offense and play defense.   In 13 games with the Blazers, Hart averaged 19.9 points on 37 three point percent shooting, 5.4 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.2 steals on 25 percent usage.   You must be kidding.

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, terrell said:

Didnt we turn that deal down at the deadline? 

It was rumored that a trade was discussed.

Here's what was said about it:

I’m a fan of Kevin Huerter. He’s scoring the ball more efficiently than he ever has in his career and is a plus-defender when he puts his mind to it on that end of the floor. We saw that first-hand during the Hawks’ magical postseason run last season. On top of that, Travis Schlenk extended him this past offseason — a four-year extension that doesn’t even kick in until next season. Huerter is a core member of the Hawks, but if it makes the team better, it makes sense, and Hart could bring a little something extra to Atlanta.

I like the idea of adding Hart for multiple reasons. Most importantly, he’s an upgrade over Huerter. Hart has broken out this season to the tune of 13.4 points on 50.5% shooting, 7.8 rebounds, and 4.1 assists per game. He’s not quite the shooter that Huerter is and never will be, but he brings more to the table in just about every other aspect.

Another appealing facet to this deal is Hart’s contract. Huerter’s four-year, $70 million deal begins next season. Meanwhile, Hart is only scheduled to make $24 million combined over the next two seasons. It may not sound like much, but with so many Hawks expected to get paid in the coming years, it gives Travis Schlenk much more financial flexibility — a staple of his tenure as the Hawks GM.