• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No blood, no foul

Jdawgflow

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Nate's going to have to burn some challenges to try to expose some of these terrible no calls.   

Great idea.  He needs to use challenges to shame them and bring the audience along for the ride.  Keep doing it until you wear out the officials.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 10/27/2021 at 8:02 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

All you guys loving this 'no fouls' just wait.....when the Hawks end up on the losing end of the whistle, which have been the case  so far this season...it'll be like old times when the Hawks can't get a whistle because we are the Hawks.

I'll say it again.....Hawks are on the wrong side of the whistle.....

7 vs 19 in this Wiz game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll say it again.....Hawks are on the wrong side of the whistle.....

7 vs 19 in this Wiz game.

The garbage time free throws evened it up a bit but 14 vs 21 isn't great either and the disparity was much bigger when the game was really up in the air as you note.

• Like 3

On 10/26/2021 at 11:54 AM, Jdawgflow said:

I mentioned this in a thread the other day but I am loving how the games are much more free flowing now and less stop/start with constant fouls.  More like a soccer game with constant run.  This will serve us well with our depth and strong defenders.

(( robotic voice ))

2 . . days . . later

"Man . . I hate the refs!  They won't give Trae even obvious fouls "

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

(( robotic voice ))

2 . . days . . later

"Man . . I hate the refs!  They won't give Trae even obvious fouls "

Not good for Trae for sure.  Still think overall less fouls is an improvement but it would be nice if things were called evenly.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, kg01 said:

You're coming along ... slowly.  What the refs want people to think is that they're "lettin' em play" but, in reality, they're being very selective in how they're calling games.

The Conti tweet illustrates the (not so) hidden agenda.  NBA average is about the same.  Hawks numbers reflect a precipitous drop.

"But kg there ain't no conspiracy against the Hawks."

I agree.  A conspiracy implies some covert action.  This agenda is plainly in our faces.  Not even hiding.

I wish I could make gifs work.  I need the “why not both?” One with the little girl.  I like the free flow of the game better aesthetically.  I also want fouls called evenly (either both sides or neither side gets the call…and that is obviously not happening for us right now).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

I wish I could make gifs work.  I need the “why not both?” One with the little girl.  I like the free flow of the game better aesthetically.  I also want fouls called evenly (either both sides or neither side gets the call…and that is obviously not happening for us right now).

No worries, we all have performance issues from time to time.  Or so I've been told ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47mqol1kjs7cgja4i2dg

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

On last evening, another players has gone Missing.  He is said to be about 5'11", 205 lbs.  He was last seen wearing a Hawks Jersey... and Every now and then will shimmy before he shoots. If you see this man, call 555-refs-wont-give-me-a-break.  Ask to speak to Lieutenant Nathan McMillan, head of the Special Investigations Unit. 

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN?

image.jpeg 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

Agreed, if they called all games like they call the Hawks, I would love it.  And frankly, if they were being consistent, Hunter/Cam/Capela would be dominating.  JC wouldn't be in trouble halfway through the first.  We'd be a dominant defensive team.  Even Bogi and Heurter were shining when they allowed physicality in the playoffs last year (even though that was inconsistent, like every other game was physical)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

"no call"

Yup. Shaq should have gotten a ton more calls but that honestly would have unleveled the playing field, which was already being dominated by the daddy anyways.

The league doesn’t want Trae to get too dominant? I mean, I dunno. Even after watching the replay, he barely touched the ref, why do they have it in for him. He never bashes the league, always builds it up and is great for the league. Is it the NY thing? Are refs being bought like Tim D in 2002 with the Kings bs against the Lakers? 

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The league doesn’t want Trae to get too dominant? I mean, I dunno. Even after watching the replay, he barely touched the ref, why do they have it in for him. He never bashes the league, always builds it up and is great for the league. Is it the NY thing? Are refs being bought like Tim D in 2002 with the Kings bs against the Lakers? 

I've got no good reason for why he isn't getting legit calls when he is bumped, etc. as he drives.  Those were always fouls and remain fouls.  On the techs, my guess is that Trae is viewed as being too cocky and some refs feel like he is trying to show them up at times and are extra ready to pull the trigger.  It was a BS call.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I have only see the half court camera which you could barely see anything.   Did he shove him delibrately?   That call seemed way bogus.

I saw the same replays, amazing how they don’t have diff camera angles on this one, amazing and convenient. He may have had 2 fingers swipe his butt as he went by, that’s it. It was ridiculous. Has Stephen A said anything? I don’t watch those morning BSPN things but they may have said something I’m sure.