• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

R-E-L-A-X

Diesel

• Premium Member

I am starting to worry a little bit. I am concerned about who on this squad has the sense of urgency and energy to get us back to a winning position during the season. It should have been eye opening to to our young team that Steph Curry came ready to play like his hair was on fire in the 10th game of the regular “boring”season. This is a MVP champion playing like this game was the last one he will ever play. Guys on our team are acting like other teams should just lay down because we made the ECF last year. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

I am starting to worry a little bit. I am concerned about who on this squad has the sense of urgency and energy to get us back to a winning position during the season. It should have been eye opening to to our young team that Steph Curry came ready to play like his hair was on fire in the 10th game of the regular “boring”season. This is a MVP champion playing like this game was the last one he will ever play. Guys on our team are acting like other teams should just lay down because we made the ECF last year. 

We've been playing back to backs.  We haven't had a chance to sit down and think about what happened to us.   The plane ride is not the place for that.   We are not in players only meeting terroritory yet.   The coach has to synch in his roster.   The players have to work on their weak spots.  And we got to play as a unit.   It was easier last year because nobody was gunning for us.   Now, we're most wanted.   We have had little rest and we're young af...   We have to settle down and get it together.   I'd still trade for PG-13 though.  

• Like 2

WHY CAN'T WE?

I watched a wee bit of last night's game before sleep overcame me.  Heat @ Lakers.  After playing the first several minutes neither side had hit one shot from the floor.  Score was like 3-2, all free throws.  These are two teams in the top eight.  Lakers won 120-117 in overtime.

Why can't we have an opponent like this?  It wasn't great defense.  No.  Neither team could hit.  When we play right now, teams don't shoot the ball.  They just throw it at the basket because they are playing the Hawks and it's going to go in almost every time.

Pistons won last night.  Hawks are now one game from the basement.  I believe that we've lost our last five.  When will this nightmare end?  Right now, we're in the dark.  No light at the end of the tunnel. If a player isn't hurt he's probably in a terrible slump.  Give me air.  Can't breathe.  Hawks!  Hurry up and win one!  Please !!

🕵️‍♂️

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 11/9/2021 at 11:56 PM, Diesel said:

You guys are overreacting. 

We have played probably the hardest stretch of teams on this losing streak.

GS - The best team in the NBA right now. 

Utah (X2) - Perennially the best team in the East for the last 3 years. 

Phoenix - Even though they were in the finals last year... this was a winnable game. 

Brooklyn - Durant's team.   But we can beat them. 

We got two more tough games... Denver and Milwaukee. 

We will finally get some schedule relief after that. 

Yeah... we look bad.. but we got some stuff to work on .   At least, we have this rough & tough stretch early. 

Thanks, made a similar comment in another thread.  Every loss is to a team that has 7 or more wins right now.  Add on top of that the awful schedule and the fact we're integrating a lot more guys that have not really been in the rotation and it's a recipe for some losses.  We'll pull through.

On 11/9/2021 at 11:56 PM, Diesel said:

You guys are overreacting. 

We have played probably the hardest stretch of teams on this losing streak.

GS - The best team in the NBA right now. 

Utah (X2) - Perennially the best team in the East for the last 3 years. 

Phoenix - Even though they were in the finals last year... this was a winnable game. 

Brooklyn - Durant's team.   But we can beat them. 

We got two more tough games... Denver and Milwaukee. 

We will finally get some schedule relief after that. 

Yeah... we look bad.. but we got some stuff to work on .   At least, we have this rough & tough stretch early. 

7 losses in 8 games is bad no matter what the supposed toughness of the schedule is.

Nobody is saying you have to beat ALL of the good teams, but you have to be able to win some of them.

But they're not really winning any of them.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 1

First time all season the Hawks have had more than one day off between games.  Should give them some time to iron out some things in practice and get a little recovery.

Also, this.

Again, I've seen some better play than the first week.  We just have to get it together on the defensive side of the ball.  The offense hasn't been the problem the past few games. 

• Like 3

On 11/11/2021 at 12:56 PM, macdaddy said:

We've turned to the Trae/Kev/Cam/Hunter/JC lineup before.  I don't think i've seen it this year.   Defensively it was never great but all those guys have improved and it would open the floor up for Trae and JC to work.  

The problem is that none of our wings rebound well enough for the lineup to work.