• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I'm a little surprised that there's not more excitement on the Squawk for Cam right now.

Live Chat was nuts!

4 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Probably because he didn't light up the pre season smh you know people are wishy washy on here.

This.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

The top trade candidate on each NBA team this season

Cam Reddish was available on the trade market at the trade deadline and around the draft, multiple NBA executives told HoopsHype. Heading into the season, rival executives are monitoring his availability.

“They always say he’s the most talented player on their roster, it’s just that he doesn’t always put it together,” one NBA executive told HoopsHype. “I’m not sure if he ever will. I like him. I think if he gets in the right situation, he could turn out to be a starting-level player because he can defend multiple positions and he can create any shot he wants. It’s just a matter of his mental approach and getting to the right situation where they know how to get the most out of him.”

“He fits the mold that teams have a need for right now,” another NBA executive told HoopsHype. “He’s a 6-foot-8 athletic and versatile player that can make shots. He can create with the ball. He’s got the skillset tools and size. Right now, he doesn’t have a good sample size of being consistent. It’s just been flashes. He’s definitely somebody I’d be going after.”

One of the executives who spoke with HoopsHype believes a team would be willing to give up a protected lottery pick for Reddish.

Reddish is owed $10.62 million combined into next season and is eligible for an $8.11 million qualifying offer in the summer of 2023 that would make him a restricted free agent.

I think they had this article penned prior to the season start. Cam's first 2 games - that was something.

Let's bottle these performances and bust 'em out next game.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The top trade candidate on each NBA team this season

I think they had this article penned prior to the season start. Cam's first 2 games - that was something.

Let's bottle these performances and bust 'em out next game.

LOL...with his start to the season he's not getting traded.  It's telling that GM's have been calling about Cam even with his struggles. Now that he's putting it together, so far, he'd cost you more than a lottery pick and probably won't be on the market.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The most encouraging thing to me about Cam's performance so far is he does not look sped up at all.  He has a nice consistent rhythm with his footwork.  His driving and finishing is so much more consistent so far.  As long as he shows consistency with his footwork and mechanics, I don't care about his makes or misses because that will level off.   

I hope he can be around 45% from field and 35 - 40% from three for the season.  That'll be a huge jump from his first couple of seasons. 

He is patient. 

Maybe he can be our 'Ginobli'.

• Like 1

Nope, he’s ours! No trade ever! Lol.

NBA execs monitoring Cam Reddish's availability

i_55_87_a2_cam-reddish.png?w=190

Cam Reddish was available on the trade market at the trade deadline and around the draft, multiple NBA executives told HoopsHype. Heading into the season, rival executives are monitoring his availability. “They always say he’s the most talented player on their roster, it’s just that he doesn’t always put it together,” one NBA executive told HoopsHype. “I’m not sure if he ever will. I like him. I think if he gets in the right situation, he could turn out to be a starting-level player because he can defend multiple positions and he can create any shot he wants. It’s just a matter of his mental approach and getting to the right situation where they know how to get the most out of him.”

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I'd only trade Cam at this point if it brought us Jaylen Brown. Otherwise, I'm keeping him.

If Cam's offense can keep up at a more consistent clip, I wouldn't trade Cam for Brown.  Cam is a much better defender in my opinion.  

I'll add Jaylen is one of the players I'd personally consider. 

• Moderators

This is a very nice start for Cam.  Obviously, 3 games does not make a season but like seeing him get off on the right foot.  .585% TS% is almost surely not sustainable (based on what we've seen career to date) but still very nice to see.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is a very nice start for Cam.  Obviously, 3 games does not make a season but like seeing him get off on the right foot.  .585% TS% is almost surely not sustainable (based on what we've seen career to date) but still very nice to see.  

I think it is. He's good at shooting volume threes when set and drawing fouls and making FTs. His low 2FG% also looks here to stay as well.

• Premium Member
On 10/24/2021 at 7:13 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

He is patient. 

Maybe he can be our 'Ginobli'.

Cam will be more than that. Nate is doing the right thing by making him earn a bigger role on the team. He is giving him the green light on the second unit both to build his confidence and getter better production out if him. Once it “clicks” for Cam, it will be obvious that he can be one of the best players on the team. Bogi’s veteran experience is the only bar left for Cam to overcome. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Cam will be more than that. Nate is doing the right thing by making him earn a bigger role on the team. He is giving him the green light on the second unit both to build his confidence and getter better production out if him. Once it “clicks” for Cam, it will be obvious that he can be one of the best players on the team. Bogi’s veteran experience is the only bar left for Cam to overcome. 

Bro, Ginobili is a first ballot instant Hall of Famer coming off the bench lol. Not sure what "much more than that" means... perennial MVP candidate?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Bro, Ginobili is a first ballot instant Hall of Famer coming off the bench lol. Not sure what "much more than that" means... perennial MVP candidate?

You're not wrong about Gino-hillbilly, but I think he's suggesting #CodeReddish could be a plus-starter.  The Paul George comp could be more apt.  Now was Gino a better player than George?  Probably.   But Gino never had to be a #1 option so who knows.

• Like 3