• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You're not wrong about Gino-hillbilly, but I think he's suggesting #CodeReddish could be a plus-starter.  The Paul George comp could be more apt.  Now was Gino a better player than George?  Probably.   But Gino never had to be a #1 option so who knows.

I'd pick Ginobili all day, but I get what you're saying. It's tough to evaluate Ginobili as he was always in a team with a bunch of number 1 options, and in general his game was always team-centric, was never a large volume guy. As a number 1 option you can look at his play in international ball and see him average around 23 points per 36 min on +50% shooting... Gold and Bronze medals, winning one final against the United States. His defense in his prime was elite as well. Would have been fascinating to see him play on a team in the NBA where he was the clear top dog, but all we can do is speculate what type of numbers he would put up in such a situation.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'd pick Ginobili all day, but I get what you're saying. It's tough to evaluate Ginobili as he was always in a team with a bunch of number 1 options, and in general his game was always team-centric, was never a large volume guy. As a number 1 option you can look at his play in international ball and see him average around 23 points per 36 min on +50% shooting... Gold and Bronze medals, winning one final against the United States. His defense in his prime was elite as well. Would have been fascinating to see him play on a team in the NBA where he was the clear top dog, but all we can do is speculate what type of numbers he would put up in such a situation.

Yup, he's a first ballot HOFer based on his combined international/US careers.  He's the rare international guy that actually has a pretty strong leg to stand on.

George may get in, but it'll be due to compiling stats and how watered down the HOF is.

But NBA-only, George may be the better choice based on role.  Sort of a weird concept.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I think it is. He's good at shooting volume threes when set and drawing fouls and making FTs. His low 2FG% also looks here to stay as well.

His .585% TS% is being driven by his 56.3% 3pt%.  I don't think that is at all sustainable.  He will need to raise his 2pt% quite a bit to sustain that unless you expect him to remain over 50% from 3pt range for the entire season.  I do expect he will improve his 2pt %s but it is hard to make up for the extra impact of 3's.  A best case for his 3pt% has that finishing the season more like 38% than 56%.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

His .585% TS% is being driven by his 56.3% 3pt%.  I don't think that is at all sustainable.  He will need to raise his 2pt% quite a bit to sustain that unless you expect him to remain over 50% from 3pt range for the entire season.  I do expect he will improve his 2pt %s but it is hard to make up for the extra impact of 3's.  A best case for his 3pt% has that finishing the season more like 38% than 56%.

He gets a lot of wide open threes. I get what you are saying from a practical stance but man, he's wide ass open a lot and he has a green light. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

He can also supplement this with free throws on the night he's not shooting the ball well. 

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He gets a lot of wide open threes. I get what you are saying from a practical stance but man, he's wide ass open a lot and he has a green light. 

I hope he can do it.  He just has 3 years of limited games at Duke, Atlanta and Atlanta where he shot a terrible % from deep.  Expecting him to go from that to >50% seems unreasonable.  

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He can also supplement this with free throws on the night he's not shooting the ball well. 

Agree although ft shooting is down all over this year so I'm not sure how consistently he'll be able to do that.  Would love to see him add it.  My question is less about his % (which will undoubtably help his ts%) but more how much he can raise his volume over the 3.7 fta/gm he has had so far to bolster the current .585% TS%.

Career to date, Cam's highest month of TS% for any month with 5 or more games played is .572%.  Expecting him to hold the .585% just isn't something I believe in. 

I'd really like to see him raise his TS% as high as possible but what I'd consider a really successful season for him in that regard is moving from his career .501% to something more like a .550-560% TS% this season.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

I hope he can do it.  He just has 3 years of limited games at Duke, Atlanta and Atlanta where he shot a terrible % from deep.  Expecting him to go from that to >50% seems unreasonable.  

Agree although ft shooting is down all over this year so I'm not sure how consistently he'll be able to do that.  Would love to see him add it.  My question is less about his % (which will undoubtably help his ts%) but more how much he can raise his volume over the 3.7 fta/gm he has had so far to bolster the current .585% TS%.

Career to date, Cam's highest month of TS% for any month with 5 or more games played is .572%.  Expecting him to hold the .585% just isn't something I believe in. 

I'd really like to see him raise his TS% as high as possible but what I'd consider a really successful season for him in that regard is moving from his career .501% to something more like a .550-560% TS% this season.  

He really hasn't been healthy outside of Jan 1st and on as a rookie and in the playoffs last year. His numbers when healthy at Duke was like this as well. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, AHF said:

Cam will have stretches this year when he'll miss everything which will bring down his efficiency. He's been streaky his entire career. However as long as his defense is there every night, he'll be such a big asset for us.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, kg01 said:

You're not wrong about Gino-hillbilly, but I think he's suggesting #CodeReddish could be a plus-starter.  The Paul George comp could be more apt.  Now was Gino a better player than George?  Probably.   But Gino never had to be a #1 option so who knows.

Correct. I am talking about Cam’s role. He literally was drafted to compliment Trae. That means eventually starting. Also, Travis said out of his own mouth that Cam has the highest potential on the team. No disrespect to Ginobli, but he was an amazing role player working in the Popovich system with a blue chip Tim Duncan. Trust me, I would be happy if we won 3 championships with Cam coming off the bench, but I think he is being groomed to be a starter with all-star potential. 

• Like 1

Loving Cam’s dunk and corner three splits.  On pace for 55 crams, 37% of his threes taken from the corner.  We need to be a little more dynamic on the baseline, these strides in his game can surely help in that department when teams realize they need to close out on him.

• Like 4

On 10/26/2021 at 10:11 AM, NBASupes said:

Offensive rating of 111 and defensive rating of 99 is tremendous. His offensive rating is a tad down from his first couple of years but his defensive rating is massively higher this year 

He’s taking full advantage of teams not having enough resources to gameplan for our depth.  Shame his offensive rating would be about 3 points higher if his assist to turnover were flip flopped from the current 0.7: 1.7.

I’m the biggest Jimmy Butler fan there is even I can’t fathom a damn 122 to 89 rating dafuq.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I think it's reasonable to assume his 3P% will drop and his 2P% can improve.  There's so much room for improvement... cut out some of the unnecessarily tough shots he's been putting up and he can do it.  He has potential to be elite in finishing in transition as well with his quickness, speed, and length.  I really think what we're seeing right now is Cam at about 65% of his potential.  We praise his defense a lot here and I don't even think he's been playing that great on that end.  He's been gambling a lot, taking shortcuts, and using his athleticism to make up for bad footwork.  I say this as the biggest Cam fan here and wearing my Cam jersey today to get ready to go watch the game somewhere.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I think it's reasonable to assume his 3P% will drop and his 2P% can improve.  There's so much room for improvement... cut out some of the unnecessarily tough shots he's been putting up and he can do it.  He has potential to be elite in finishing in transition as well with his quickness, speed, and length.  I really think what we're seeing right now is Cam at about 65% of his potential.  We praise his defense a lot here and I don't even think he's been playing that great on that end.  He's been gambling a lot, taking shortcuts, and using his athleticism to make up for bad footwork.  I say this as the biggest Cam fan here and wearing my Cam jersey today to get ready to go watch the game somewhere.  

Good point on his defense and footwork.  I expect Nate to tighten that up.  He doesn’t have to look far for better film examples.  Dre on Luka was a clinic.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Good point on his defense and footwork.  I expect Nate to tighten that up.  He doesn’t have to look far for better film examples.  Dre on Luka was a clinic.

yeah, dre is a much more polished defender (which makes sense as he played in college for ~3 years) but with a little discipline and work, cam has a higher ceiling imo

Although team defense seems to matter a lot more than 1:1 defense in the NBA right now, so who knows if he'll get to where dre is now.  I feel like cam needs to learn how to quickly fight through screens as a top priority

LOL Woj just now on ESPN still trying to formulate trades for Cam. Talking about Cam breaking out and if this keeps up he will be someone near the trade deadline that we could package with another veteran to acquire a star since Cam is currently slated as a backup here. 

SMH...what don't these fools realize about if Cam turns into what we hope he turns into, then he would be moved into the starting lineup at some point. Good grief...

No logic whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2