• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

Just now, kg01 said:

I won't go that strong, but there is certainly a group here rooting more to be "right" than they are rooting for the Hawks to be great.

They are shitheads. I know I am heated but I dont like the idea that you trade a talent like this for a trash package and you think there is good to this. When there is good to this, then so be it but right now, there is nothing good about this. 

If this leads to Simmons as @Diesel has stated, I stand back and watch and see how this could possibly work but if the trade deadline comes and goes and all we ended up with is a Kent Bazemore addition, I will remain livid. 

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not saying it's the best trade we could have made. I'm also not saying it wasn't. There is Cam the player for a pick and Cam the player seeking an extension for a pick.  Two different valuations and which teams are interested and willing to offer knowing they have to pay him.

Regardless if we wanted to move Cam we could have moved him for higher value last year by your report. Probably should have done that. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

They are shitheads. I know I am heated but I dont like the idea that you trade a talent like this for a trash package and you think there is good to this. When there is good to this, then so be it but right now, there is nothing good about this. 

If this leads to Simmons as @Diesel has stated, I stand back and watch and see how this could possibly work but if the trade deadline comes and goes and all we ended up with is a Kent Bazemore addition, I will remain livid. 

I hear you, brethren and am also pissed.  Royally.  And I don't wanna hear about what "almost" happened if all we end up with is something like Kent.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I won't go that strong, but there is certainly a group here rooting more to be "right" than they are rooting for the Hawks to be great.

I never thought Cam would make the Hawks great.  People overrated him. If he is/was as great as you guys thought teams would be willing to trade more for him.  
His actual return suggests his actual value.  Answer this, why couldn’t we get a better offer?  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Regardless if we wanted to move Cam we could have moved him for higher value last year by your report. Probably should have done that. 

The report never said we "could have" moved him for higher value. It said we tried to move him for higher value. There was no indication that the deal fell through because we pulled out, it could very well have been Indiana that had second thoughts.

• Like 1

Don't like this trade at all unless it's a setup for a bigger move and the destination team didn't want Reddish, but instead a first.

Seems like that could be the case since this move was done well before the deadline.  I wouldn't think we would just dump Reddish for a heavily protected first that may never convey, just doesn't make sense.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, SalvorMallow said:

As bad as Bogi and Kevin have been, they are far better team defenders (this season) and also much better on O, and that is saying a lot. 

Really niether has been that much better at either end then Cam. Well, Huerter has been substantially better, but we love to relegate his ass to the bench anyway and give TLC a big portion of his minutes so...

Just now, Final_quest said:

I never thought Cam would make the Hawks great.  People overrated him. If he is/was as great as you guys thought teams would be willing to trade more for him.  
His actual return suggests his actual value.  Answer this, why couldn’t we get a better offer?  

In general, I agree.  The returning = the value.  But I still say maybe there's something afoot that we're not aware of.  Objectively,  even for a failed prospect, this is a muted return.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

In general, I agree.  The returning = the value.  But I still say maybe there's something afoot that we're not aware of.  Objectively,  even for a failed prospect, this is a muted return.

Exactly, if this is the best value than just keep him and cross your fingers he can get hot at some point and garner more interest. There's PLENTY of time until the deadline. Unless this is part of a larger move this move sucks, objectively. 

Just now, Diesel said:

I'm not just making this up...

NBA Trade Rumors: Atlanta Hawks emerge as surprise candidates in Ben Simmons  sweepstakes; might be ready to offload John Collins

Simmons helps our D and passing, but really hurts our floor spacing. How can we play him and Capela together?  Two guys who can't shoot outside of 5 feet or make FT's?  How do we close out games in the 4th quarter?