• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will be amazed if Hunter's on the floor this week

sturt

• Premium Member

Yes. And no.

He played a couple more minutes, unless I missed something. Continuing to play hasn't been solid evidence that a player won't miss a game or two after something as violent as that. There are muscles that likely feel much tighter the morning after.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He should be ok actually, he continued playing afterwards. If he was injured he would have came out.

He did eventually though and walked straight to the locker room.  Pulled himself out of the game.  Im guessing he's pretty sore. 

On this note I don't understand why flagrant 2s dont come with automatic suspensions.  IMO Oubre should have probably a 2 game suspension and Grayson should get a 10 game for his.   It's the only thing that's going to help stop this bs.  You think they care that much about getting tossed from a game?  They love feeling like they are the tough guys.

• Like 4

• Admin
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He did eventually though and walked straight to the locker room.  Pulled himself out of the game.  Im guessing he's pretty sore. 

On this note I don't understand why flagrant 2s dont come with automatic suspensions.  IMO Oubre should have probably a 2 game suspension and Grayson should get a 10 game for his.   It's the only thing that's going to help stop this bs.  You think they care that much about getting tossed from a game?  They love feeling like they are the tough guys.

Grayson is as dirty as they get ... he is just a dirt bag 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He should be ok actually, he continued playing afterwards. If he was injured he would have came out.

that's not true.   An injury like that could be a car accident.   Between adrenaline and the shock of the impact it's very common for the person to feel no pain the day it happens, but then to wake up a day or even 2 days later and feel like they got hit by a bus once the adrenaline wears off and the swelling starts to occur.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yes. And no.

He played a couple more minutes, unless I missed something. Continuing to play hasn't been solid evidence that a player won't miss a game or two after something as violent as that. There are muscles that likely feel much tighter the morning after.

Ok fair enough, but I don't think he has a serious injury. But I guess they will see how he feels tomorrow.

• Like 3

Yea I thought he broke something when I saw it live, was glad he got up and continued playing. I hope one day we can keep our young core healthy and playing regularly.

Hunter

CAP

Bogi

All have been out way to much the last couple of years

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Nah bro, a hit like that will likely bruise and lower back is a bitch and stiffens up after the juices simmer down. He will likely miss at least a couple of games imo.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Oh, I bet Oubre was super upset about getting tossed from a game they were losing by 20+ points.  Really sad about that.

(Fully agree with you.  Suspensions should be the norm - especially in games that aren't competitive where the foul is more about frustration than competing.)

• Like 3

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

If confirmed a flagrant 2, the player should have it on their file (penalties multiplied based on the amount on file).

It's a staple of our criminal justice system... yes, should be here as well.

57 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

So glad to hear Hunter is optimistic! He's been arguably our 2nd best player so this news is very encouraging, but should still be a wake up call for the NBA.

I don't trust the refs to do this fairly, but the NBA should be doing a better job with flagrant 2's. With Grayson Allen only getting a one game suspension for his flagrant 2 on Caruso, the NBA is sending a message that these types of plays are a part of basketball and will be penalized as such. Flagrant 2's are not basketball plays and should not be okay, period. If a player like Grayson (already has a dirty reputation) only gets a one game suspension, it opens the door to actions like Oubre and Washington's, where the penalty will not outweigh their actions.

NBA players are not gods, they do bleed. When a player gets injured, it takes time to heal both mentally and physically. Even then, they're lucky to bounce back from an injury 100%. Because of Grayson's malicious actions, Caruso is now out 6-8 weeks. There are ways to help avoid these types of injuries. For refs, yes there is a middle ground between calling every ticky-tack foul and getting players injured (how about just calling games evenly?). For the NBA, if they care about the game and its growth, their players should feel better protected from malicious actions on the court (there is no excuse).

I propose the framework that all flagrants (and other potentially missed malicious actions) be reviewed by the NBA for malicious intent, actions, and reactions (including before, during, and after the action). If confirmed a flagrant 2, the player should have it on their file (penalties multiplied based on the amount on file). Player is fined/suspended based on the severity of the flagrant 2. If the involved player(s) are injured/harmed due to the flagrant 2, the player is suspended indefinitely until the involved player(s) has returned from the injury (up to 25 games). 

Welcome to the Squawk Mr. Hunter.  Enjoy the ride!  🙂

There is too much complexity to injuries where I trust a fan's take on how bad something looks translating to an accurate medical diagnosis.  I thought for sure Giannis shattered his knee in the ECF and he came back a few games later.  I'm waiting to hear the official report vs. getting into speculation.  

• Like 2