• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Damaged good Star w/ Ice Trae

JTB

Most Hawk fans are in deep hopes in wanting Schlenk and his front office to get a star next to our star Trae Young….but to what degree?…do you just want the name ?  Or the absolute best fit ?

Im not implying that these are good names to throw out there but I just want to bring them up since it’s possible they MAY be available with their team stinking it up so bad. Again I’m NOT making a case for either player I just want to see reactions of how the squawk feel overall.

so “damaged good stars”….tell me what you all like and don’t like about these duo’s below:

Trae Young & Anthony Davis

Trae Young & Russell Westbrook 

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JTB said:

Most Hawk fans are in deep hopes in wanting Schlenk and his front office to get a star next to our star Trae Young….but to what degree?…do you just want the name ?  Or the absolute best fit ?

Im not implying that these are good names to throw out there but I just want to bring them up since it’s possible they MAY be available with their team stinking it up so bad. Again I’m NOT making a case for either player I just want to see reactions of how the squawk feel overall.

so “damaged good stars”….tell me what you all like and don’t like about these duo’s below:

Trae Young & Anthony Davis

Trae Young & Russell Westbrook 

AD = Always injured.  Never in Basketball shape.. which is why he's easily injured.  Game has been declining. 

RW = High Usage player.  Low BBIQ.   

I know a lot of people want a star next to Trae.. But in actuality, we need consistent wings.

over the next year or so.. OO will move up and Clint will move back.  OO will be a star.  Clint will be a great BU. 

What we need is a player who can play the wing position and get points and play defense. 

We need it consistently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

There is a massive gap between AD and Westbrook. Westbrook? I'll rather have Dennis back 10 out of 10 times. Hell, I would take Jeff Teague right now. AD, I'll take him but the price has to be right. 

AD is having a down year because of injuries, but he's still one of the most impactful players when he's right, no question. 

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

There is a massive gap between AD and Westbrook. Westbrook? I'll rather have Dennis back 10 out of 10 times. Hell, I would take Jeff Teague right now. AD, I'll take him but the price has to be right. 

That’s interesting considering that he has a reputation of always being injured….what’s your price in bringing him to ATL if it were possible? 

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'd take AD. When healthy, he is still a plus on both sides of the ball. He is just never healthy.

Interesting….what’s your price? Who are you giving up to get him here and is it worth it regardless of the injury history?

One thing we aren’t factoring in are the players that will want a “change of scenery” when they get booted out of the playoffs early on.

Players from the:

Jazz (Gobert or the Don)

Bulls (Lavine)

Wolves (KAT)

Lakers (Davis)

Pelicans (Zion, Ingram)

and others…

Stay tuned.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'd imagine they'd be killer in 2k. 

Wow, I didn’t even think of that. I don’t change rosters like everyone I just stick with the regular but that would be an awesome 1/2 punch 🥊 on 2K. 

I’d have to go straight to the Utah Jazz playbook from 85-99.

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

Russell Westbrook:  If we had the cap room and someone offered to give us him and a mid second round pick for our late second round pick I'd say "no thanks." 

I’d pay them to not get him. Like an avoidance tax or something. ADAM, don’t even think about it!!!! 

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

Trae / Westbrook pairing.

Like I said I’d leave after 37 years and wait for Seattle to open up shop. I’m gonna be the first Seattle Unicorn 🦄 fan! @kg01 FIRST!!!!!!! I say! 

https://theneedling.com/2021/04/27/nba-narrows-seattle-expansion-team-names-to-blue-moon-tavern-unicorn-and-the-crocodile/

We think locals will absolutely fall in love with the completely original names we’re considering for a future Emerald City expansion team: The Blue Moon Tavern, The Unicorn and The Crocodile,” said NBA Commissioner Adam Silver. “We feel that each of these names in some very abstract way also honors Seattle’s roots, all while coincidentally sounding like nice places to eat and drink.”

“First, we went to Yelp.com, then we typed and searched ‘Places Kurt Cobain maybe once pissed,’” Silver said. “Then we copied. And, finally, we pasted.”

May I just state that ADAM SILVER IS AN IDIOT WRAPPED IN A MORON. 

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

One thing we aren’t factoring in are the players that will want a “change of scenery” when they get booted out of the playoffs early on.

Players from the:

Jazz (Gobert or the Don)

Bulls (Lavine)

Wolves (KAT)

Lakers (Davis)

Pelicans (Zion, Ingram)

and others…

Stay tuned.

I've wanted Lavine in a Hawks uni for a very long time. He's the perfect 2 next to Trae.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Just give me a 2 way center and shooting guard

Ok so I guess you’d be all for AD if he were obtainable since he fits the “2 way center” category.

What kind of SG? Offense? Defense? 

If I were guaranteed that AD would play 60/82 games on average for the next 3 years and would be available even 75% of our playoff games, sign me up. Trae and Ant 🐜 would be a different level that we’ve never experienced in Atlanta basketball history. Hell, we’ve only had a Trae once and his name was Nique, never a duo this prolific.

Having said that, AD is super soft and he sits games out and doesn’t have that drive or IT factor to match his superb skill level. His lack of “giving a darn about his city or team” worries me.

Otherwise, top 8 player in the league hands down.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, JTB said:

image.gif.52c22a17bbb4c82a7df4ca1237c611b2.gif

but in this era…....never mind.

Anthony Davis doesn’t want to play center, and his fingerprints are already all over this Lakers roster as a result

Davis has said throughout his career that he prefers not playing center because of the physical toll the position takes on his body. 

Lakers head coach Frank Vogel has agreed with Davis' sentiment about playing the 5.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Anthony Davis doesn’t want to play center, and his fingerprints are already all over this Lakers roster as a result

Davis has said throughout his career that he prefers not playing center because of the physical toll the position takes on his body. 

Lakers head coach Frank Vogel has agreed with Davis' sentiment about playing the 5.

Fair enough