• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blind Poll Question - Which Player Do You Prefer?....

REHawksFan

Blind Poll...  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I had this thought about a player that I hate in the NBA and as I was thinking about it, I realized I hate him because he's not on the Hawks and I hate playing against him.  And then I thought it might be a fun exercise to compare him to another prominent player in the NBA at the same position and see whom everyone would choose based solely on numbers.  My player is not a prominent player so to speak and I was kinda curious how his numbers stack up.  

Also, I must note that I've never done a poll before so this may not even work.  LOL. 

Assuming it does work, which player would you choose?  I'll put in the answers below. 

Spoiler

Player A is John Collins.  Player B is Bobby Portis

Edited by REHawksFan

• REHawksFan changed the title to Blind Poll Question - Which Player Do You Prefer?....
5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I voted A before i looked at the names I swear.   I know what you're getting at but there's a reason for the salary discrepancy which is the main reason i went A.   

I've just always been impressed with Player B and hated playing against him.  I didn't actually realize his stats were so similar to Player A until this exercise.  Always thought he was more of a hustle / glue guy.  Anyway, the difference in salary for essentially the same production (this year anyway) is eye opening.  

• Premium Member

I would love to have crazy eyes.   The problem is that Crazy Eyes gets a lot of open looks because he's playing with Holiday, Middleton, and Giannis.  Building a wall creates openings.  Portis has been the man to take advantage of those openings. 

On the other side, JC has to improve his offense.  His three point shooting is magnificent but his attempts are trash.  He needs some midrange moves.   PF Midrange moves.  He needs to go off somewhere and make his Muse KG... Learn the moves that KG used. 

Don't watch the defensive parts... it will only make you mad...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Also consider who Player B is playing for and the other guys who had career/all star years in that offense and never replicated it.  

This was one of the things that was staggering for me. When you think about the two teams, Portis is the 4th best player on the team behind Giannis, Kris, and Jrue putting up the same numbers as JC who is supposed to be the 2nd best player for the Hawks?  Yikes. 

5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I voted A before i looked at the names I swear.   I know what you're getting at but there's a reason for the salary discrepancy which is the main reason i went A.   

Exactly the reason I went with A.  Had no clue that this was Collins, mainly because I thought his 3 pt percentage was higher.  But he has been in a little bit of a shooting slump lately.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I always liked Portis but his WS/48 and ratings totally back up what @NBASupes said.  Elite BU, but I wouldn’t want to depend on him long term to play sound team defense as a starter.  When/ if he has those cold stretches from three he’s gonna look pretty bad.

I don't put my trust in WSs.. but the eye test tells me that he's better as a BU.