• Raised $390 of $700 target

this will either be Trae's wake up call or the beginning of his demise

shakes

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Like who? Who defended Hunter?

I'll search really hard and try to find that needle in a haystack:

21 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Good start by Dre, knocking down those corner 3.

21 hours ago, Iverwig said:

I like this Hunter! 

21 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Dre cooking Sunday dinner

21 hours ago, hawkman said:

Way to step up Hunter!!!!

21 hours ago, Carmine said:

Hunte3r!

21 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

Dre came to play today!

Bogi still got an open shot, but Hunter is the hot man right now.

21 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

My early takes:

Hunter is in a rhythm.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

People have devoted entire threads promoting the notion that Trae is too good to play with our current players. Clean house many of them think as long as we keep Young we'll be ok. The systematically attack the other players flaws as if they are incorrigible. In other words, it is everybody else's fault except Trae Young

The truth is, Trae is far better and more valuable than anyone else on the roster. I think the overwhelming consensus is that we should be building around Trae, not Hunter, Huerter, etc. If that means we need to move the others to improve the team's compatibility with Trae, we should do it without an ounce of regret. Trae still has opportunities to improve his game, but he needs a secondary playmaker next to him. I think they (and I) are disappointed that Hunter has yet to show that skillset.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, shakes said:

yea it sounds like you two split a quarter ounce of shrooms.  Maybe even some LSD thrown in for good measure.   And a light sprinkling of glue sniffing just as an appetite cleanser.  

...... jealous?

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Like I said...people are defending Trae for his poor performances but nitpicking Hunter. Doesn't make sense to me.

hmm, it's almost as if one player has already proven himself on the biggest stage and the other hasn't.  I wonder which one will get more leeway?   🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

I'm not cutting and pasting anymore but clearly anyone who thinks Hunter got more criticism than Huerter did not bother reading that thread at all.  Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

yyyyy.....

yyyy.....

yyyyy........

yyyyyyy......

...yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more criticism of Huerter than Hunter.

I don't think there is a single player on the team that didn't get criticism so Hunter got some as well but he had by far the most positive comments and way fewer criticisms than the other wings in the Game 4 thread.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, shakes said:

hmm, it's almost as if one player has already proven himself on the biggest stage and the other hasn't.  I wonder which one will get more leeway?   🙄

So I am correct then. He is getting a pass this year for last year's playoff performance.

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not cutting and pasting anymore but clearly anyone who thinks Hunter got more criticism than Huerter did not bother reading that thread at all.  Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

yyyyy.....

yyyy.....

yyyyy........

yyyyyyy......

...yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more criticism of Huerter than Hunter.

I don't think there is a single player on the team that didn't get criticism so Hunter got some as well but he had by far the most positive comments and way fewer criticisms than the other wings in the Game 4 thread.

Hunter been getting the most smoke. I agree with that statement. Partly because he's getting the most good looks offensively and his turnovers are very unforced. Another reason is expectations are too high and he's not capable of doing what we need him to do to win games for us. He just does him. Kev and Bogi haven't been getting as much smoke as they don't deserve as much offensively sneaking. That said, a lot of defensive blame coming at Dre since game 1 has been foolish and a lot of misplaced criticism because they don't want to blame Trae. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So I am correct then. He is getting a pass this year for last year's playoff performance.

no you are not correct, but good try on the spin.

He definitely has earned more leeway than anyone on the team, but no one is giving him a pass.  I'm his biggest fan by far and you see what I've been saying about him today?

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I meant after the game not when the Hawks were winning and everybody was happy.

Oh you actually read the thread and thought that Huerter didn't get criticized after the game?  Not a peep?  Come on.

I saw a lot of posts lumping all our wings together and some analysis of whether Hunter is the right fit ala:

20 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae gotta a lot of work to do. 

Travis know what he gotta do. He gotta address that 4 and 5 spot. Capela, we gotta upgrade that. 

JC is too small. 

Hunter, I would look to move him if the price is right and you can find a cheaper replacement. 

Simmons for Capela and Hunter. 

Gobert for JC and Huerter. 

19 hours ago, Diesel said:

Trae, Huerter, and Bogi 17 pts total....

That will never win nothing. 

17 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter is a much better player and talent than Jones but Jones would be much better for US than Hunter. He does all the dirty work. Just defends the best and plays with mad energy. Always cutting, always fighting for boards, just doing little things. He don't need touches but when he get em, quick decisions, and takes quick shots like Solo and he's an impact player. That's what we need from the SF position. Even then, it's not enough for us to contend but if we fix the PF and C issue, I think it will tremendously help us. 

But I don't see a big focus on Hunter as the problem or anything.

Nothing like we saw about Trae in the Game 3 thread a game in which he scored 24 points, the most on either team, and was the most efficient scorer via points per shot attempt of anyone on either team and also added 8 assists, 4 rebounds, and a steal.  And only had 1 turnover the last 3 quarters:       

On 4/22/2022 at 9:29 PM, Bonkers said:

TRAE IS OVERRATED!!!

On 4/22/2022 at 9:26 PM, Bonkers said:

Trae is overrated  as hell!!!

On 4/22/2022 at 9:31 PM, Bonkers said:

High IQ players adjust their game against defenses....Instead of playing off the ball like a mini Rip Hamilton...Mr Turnover just stands still

"I cAnT dO AnYtHing WithOut DribbLING the Life Out of The Ball"

On 4/22/2022 at 9:31 PM, terrell said:

Ive been right this entire time about Trae.. Fans will figure it out soon enough.. His stans are something else..So Im here for the heat.. Hawks arent winning shit with him as our #1 guy.. Not happening.. Ive said it over and over.. He's too small and his defense is horrendous..Hed rather make Sportcenter highlights than play smart basketball.. You arent winning like that..He'll break records with individual stats and shit though.. Yay!!

On 4/22/2022 at 9:34 PM, Bonkers said:

All the heat (no pun intended) I had to take becuz I told the truth about this over dribbling, overrated, no defense mofo Trae

Now y'all got egg on our faces

On 4/22/2022 at 9:35 PM, NBASupes said:

The worst. Trae stans will make the world of excuses for him but he ball dominant, doesn't move well off the ball, has to dominate the rock, his ability to get open largely defends on bigs setting screens and being PnR threats, and his defense is the WOAT. Miami doesn't have a player to can hide Trae on like Philly and New York did last year. Without it, Trae been food. 

On 4/22/2022 at 9:41 PM, NBASupes said:

It's really disrespectful to think Trae is better at scoring than Iverson. Iverson didn't need a screen. He was an Iso gawd

On 4/22/2022 at 9:43 PM, hylndr11 said:

Love Trae but he isn't a superstar

On 4/22/2022 at 9:51 PM, Bonkers said:

Trae's style of play is toxic. 

On 4/22/2022 at 10:03 PM, Plainview1981 said:

Even if the Hawks win this game Trae has been exposed in this series.

Maybe they should at least consider unloading him.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter been getting the most smoke. I agree with that statement. Partly because he's getting the most good looks offensively and his turnovers are very unforced. Another reason is expectations are too high and he's not capable of doing what we need him to do to win games for us. He just does him. Kev and Bogi haven't been getting as much smoke as they don't deserve as much offensively sneaking. That said, a lot of defensive blame coming at Dre since game 1 has been foolish and a lot of misplaced criticism because they don't want to blame Trae. 

Please reread the Game 4 thread and see if you don't think Kevin got more criticism.  I just read it.  It isn't close.  Kev got the most 'smoke' of any Hawks player by a large margin.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So I'm not making this up like @AHFis pretending that he isn't.  I wonder what motivates people to not tell the truth on a message board. This is pretty obvious but @ahf goes out of his way to play politics.

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

If you guys really believe this, I offer this bet.  

I bet I can find more posts criticizing Huerter than criticizing Hunter in the Game 4 thread.  If I win, I get control of your avatar(s) for two months of my choice over the next year.  If you win, you get to control my avatar for the next two years.

If you aren't just full of ****, you will take this bet because it is wildly lopsided in your favor by a 12:1 ratio.

Who actually believes in what they are posting?  I do.

@Peoriabird

@NBASupes

Let's find out who is telling the truth here and who isn't.

Whoa 😳 hide the woman and children. AHF is peeved. 

But they won’t pay up what’s the point. :blanky:

image.gif.f8ea375cf6451842ff407bdb98d0587f.gif

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

I bet I can find more posts criticizing Huerter than criticizing Hunter in the Game 4 thread.  If I win, I get control of your avatar(s) for two months of my choice over the next year.  If you win, you get to control my avatar for the next two years.

If you aren't just full of ****, you will take this bet because it is wildly lopsided in your favor by a 12:1 ratio.

@Peoriabird

@NBASupes

I clearly stated after the game and I think @NBASupes is on the same page.

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

@Peoriabird

@NBASupes

popcorn-drama.gif.f1ed47217eeebbcf417647a1ac41e508.gif

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Whoa 😳 hide the woman and children. AHF is peeved. 

But they won’t pay up what’s the point. :blanky:

image.gif.f8ea375cf6451842ff407bdb98d0587f.gif

You know it's gotten beyond illogical when AHF is calling for the smoke like this....... LOL  This is why I sit in my lane and keep my voice down because I can't sometimes with the agendas and whatnot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2