• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I agree that Gallo had a terrible playoffs.  However, it would be criminal to have replaced him with JJ simply based on his history.  On many nights, Gallo transformed into our best offensive players.    To have played JJ and sat Gallo would have been worse than not playing JJ.  The place for JJ to have played was in place of JC.   JC couldn't give us anything but a lukewarm body.   In my heart, I believe JJ would have given us more.  That's not a slight on JC, just a realization that he was far too injured to be playing.  Thanks Nate. 

Where did I say 'replace' and sitting Gallo?

I've maintained that Nate should have found 'some' spot minutes for him over the course of the season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Ben Simmons committed to summer plan with Nets

i_16_c0_ec_ben-simmons.png?w=190

Ben Simmons and his camp will sit down with the Nets and hammer out a plan for the ensuing months, one intended to put him on the best path to both physical and mental health and a successful return to the court.  “We will work together with the Nets on a summer plan,” a source close to Simmons told The Post. “Everyone is confident.” 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ben Simmons committed to summer plan with Nets

i_16_c0_ec_ben-simmons.png?w=190

Ben Simmons and his camp will sit down with the Nets and hammer out a plan for the ensuing months, one intended to put him on the best path to both physical and mental health and a successful return to the court.  “We will work together with the Nets on a summer plan,” a source close to Simmons told The Post. “Everyone is confident.” 

They seem committed to keeping Ben at least for a year to see what happens. Kyrie may actually be on the trade block more so than Ben and that’s just me judging how their GM was talking on the exit interview. He seemed pissed about Kyrie more than Simmons and it’s probably because Simmons back issue turned out to be a real thing. Whereas Kyrie wasn’t thinking about the nets team as a first priority at any point this season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JTB said:

They seem committed to keeping Ben at least for a year to see what happens. Kyrie may actually be on the trade block more so than Ben and that’s just me judging how their GM was talking on the exit interview. He seemed pissed about Kyrie more than Simmons and it’s probably because Simmons back issue turned out to be a real thing. Whereas Kyrie wasn’t thinking about the nets team as a first priority at any point this season.

It behooves the Nets to at least get him back on the floor to increase his trade value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hawkster911 said:

Whatever it takes for Gobert and Lavine to play for the Hawks.

Trae

Lavine

Gobert 

This isn’t a crazy thought. The bulls do need some shooting outside of Derozan even though they finished 9th in offense (I believe) that is a skewed number very similar to our Hawks. Perhaps they may believe that Ball, Carueso, Derozan, & Vucevic could be the core and you add in a shooter like Huerter or Bogi .

just a guess I don’t know what the bulls plans are of course to get better  but there are trades that would work. Lavine would have to want to come to Atlanta and push that with the help of Trae since he’s unrestricted free agent and I wonder what the real true interest in Lavine would be from the FO. At the very least perhaps a SnT of Huerter or Bogi and Gallo would work in the deal. If Lavine forced his way to Atlanta then a SnT would likely happen.

image.thumb.png.e7c2802710bd6db0691161283c7841a8.png

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It behooves the Nets to at least get him back on the floor to increase his trade value.

True…good point.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JTB said:

This isn’t a crazy thought. The bulls do need some shooting outside of Derozan even though they finished 9th in offense (I believe) that is a skewed number very similar to our Hawks. Perhaps they may believe that Ball, Carueso, Derozan, & Vucevic could be the core and you add in a shooter like Huerter or Bogi .

just a guess I don’t know what the bulls plans are of course to get better  but there are trades that would work. Lavine would have to want to come to Atlanta and push that with the help of Trae since he’s unrestricted free agent and I wonder what the real true interest in Lavine would be from the FO. At the very least perhaps a SnT of Huerter or Bogi and Gallo would work in the deal. If Lavine forced his way to Atlanta then a SnT would likely happen.

image.thumb.png.e7c2802710bd6db0691161283c7841a8.png

True…good point.

After 2 season of injuries to Hawks players....I'm leery of siging and/or trading for guys with their own injury histories. 

Lavine, Lonzo Ball, Dipo

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

At the min - I’m ok with this if he is at the end of the bench. Seems like a good teammate / practice guy to have around as well as having some untapped potential. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Where did I say 'replace' and sitting Gallo?

I've maintained that Nate should have found 'some' spot minutes for him over the course of the season.

The context may have been mistaken, but you said

Unfortunately Gallo wasn't good at shooting in the playoffs - 26.7% from 3.

That's why it's unfortunate we didn't see what JJ could give us.

Those two together suggests to me that you're saying we should have played JJ instead of Gallo.  Had we played JJ spot minutes during the season, it's still not a given that we would have quickly subbed him for Gallo.. We'd just have more information about what he could do. 

Playing him more only offers "Us" more information.   The assumption being made here is that we missed out on something good.  What if we didn't miss out on something good.   What if JJ wasn't ready?  What if everything in practice and some things in the G-League showed that he wasn't ready for big time play?

I agree, let him get some spot minutes... But must we listen to complaints about fortunes missed all summer long when we don't know if there were ever really a fortune?  Can we lay our assumptions to the side and just agree that it was time missed and only time?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Or at least to make the plans sound like he's going to be Great.   People haven't seen him play in a year... therefore, the GM has to play up the injury more than the mental block and hold out. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I’m a UK guy and don’t want to see Knox back.  Rooting for him but haven’t seen anything making me think he is a keeper in his career to date.  JJ should not sit on the bench while he plays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Don't want him necessarily but if it means we have traded fora couple of all stars and need to sign some min players that won't ever play I'd be ok with it. 

• Like 2

After 2 season of injuries to Hawks players....I'm leery of siging and/or trading for guys with their own injury histories. 

Lavine, Lonzo Ball, Dipo

I’m with this. Availability over everything. I don’t care to see these new age Russ Westbrook outfits.

ps Off my lawn! :angry2:

Lavine, Lonzo Ball, Dipo

All 3 instantly helps the Hawks.

So I'm the complete opposite.  If we can't get another star player to play alongside Trae, I say you sign 2 of these 3 players.

High risk - high reward additions.

• Like 2

( side note )

You see what Grant Williams is doing for Boston?

That is ALL some of us have asked from our wings.  Be aggresssive.  And make open shots.

25 pts . . . 7 - 16 from 3 ( because Bud is leaving him wide open ) . . 9 - 19 FG total

Only Gallo has shown the ability to sting together a high 3 point make game like that.  Even Bogi is more like a 5 three point max guy.

That's why I'm in favor of guys like Lavine and Lonzo coming here.