• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

39 minutes ago, akay said:

So we all agree Al is a top 5ish Hawks player all time, some have him higher, others lower. 

Now.. Let's get back to the rumor mill: Should we be getting Carmelo Anthony this FA? He's a former all star-future hall of famer Hawks legend, I think he'd be good for morale and some bench shooting.

Also, heard Micic from the Europe may want to come to the NBA, we think we have any chance of getting him to backup Trae? Would be pretty cool to see

No one should be signing Melo personally speaking, he's done done. 

Micic has interest across the league but nothing major in terms of assets. I hope we get him, we wanted him last year. He would be the ideal backup behind Trae. 

36 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Tell us how you really feel 

I always will. 

2 minutes ago, akay said:

What level of return would you guys expect to get if we trade JC? 

Love John and hope to keep him on the team, but if Portland makes 7 available or Kings 4, would you do it?

I'd say no to Portland, yes to the kings. Trae has proven he can make any big man a reliable PnR partner, so getting Ivey or anyone else with star potential in the top 4 range would be worth more than what John brings I think. 

Idk, hard to replace elite stretch 4's, but a trade off from that to rolling the dice in the draft sounds like a fun gamble (even though it would be absolutely horrible if TS misses)

The Hawks were talking with teams in the lottery about JC trades around the deadline to get an idea of what teams were looking for. SAC was the most interested. That said, in other news, I am hearing they have more interest in moving up than back but as you know, it's all about the cost. If the cost is too high, they may trade down. That said, SAC really really like the idea of adding JC with Sabonis. That's a move they been looking to do. They want a movement style of play. JC is perfect offensively for what they want to move to doing but I get the feeling that Holmgren or Smith is their ideal. 

4 minutes ago, akay said:

What level of return would you guys expect to get if we trade JC? 

Love John and hope to keep him on the team, but if Portland makes 7 available or Kings 4, would you do it?

I'd say no to Portland, yes to the kings. Trae has proven he can make any big man a reliable PnR partner, so getting Ivey or anyone else with star potential in the top 4 range would be worth more than what John brings I think. 

Idk, hard to replace elite stretch 4's, but a trade off from that to rolling the dice in the draft sounds like a fun gamble (even though it would be absolutely horrible if TS misses)

I would expect basically that... a pick in the 4 to 7 range (I like Mathurin if it's not #4). If 4 is available, obviously POR would need to send a useful piece along with 7 to help us now. 

I love me some JC. But you're right, Trae can make any big man a reliable PNR partner (he got Dedmon, Len and Jones buckets on the reg) and we have a young PF that can shoot the 3 waiting on the sidelines in JJ. If we can obtain a wing with star potential in the draft and let JJ fill into the role of JC on a smaller contract, I'm for it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No one should be signing Melo personally speaking, he's done done. 

Micic has interest across the league but nothing major in terms of assets. I hope we get him, we wanted him last year. He would be the ideal backup behind Trae. 

I always will. 

Yeah Melo signing was mostly a joke.

Seeing as Hawks have been talking to OKC for a while, sounds like we're trying to get Micic's rights + shore up some defense with Mr Kenrich Williams and Dort. Really hope we can make something happen with them, getting 2 needs filled (backup pg + defense) would be a major win 

• Like 1

Just a personal take but I always got the idea was to move Okongwu to the 4 this year regardless as a starter or backup but we all know that 6th overall pick status is moreso for starting than anything else. 

1 minute ago, akay said:

Yeah Melo signing was mostly a joke.

Seeing as Hawks have been talking to OKC for a while, sounds like we're trying to get Micic's rights + shore up some defense with Mr Kenrich Williams and Dort. Really hope we can make something happen with them, getting 2 needs filled (backup pg + defense) would be a major win 

I do too. I really want Micic, Williams as a backup 3, and Dort as a rotation wing. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Bullshit! Causal ass hot take. Al is better than everyone on that list. None of those guys are superstars and we hope Trae gets there one day. Al Horford is the most impactful Atlanta Hawk and the most impactful Hawk since Pettit. No one impacted wins as much as Horford for us. No one came close. 

Shit, we just trying to get Trae ass to stop being such a freaking negative on defense so he can take his game to the next level. 

If you lack BBIQ, just say it but hot takes like this are garbage as f***! 

Not even going to lie supe I have my doubts about building around Trae long term!

Small guards get exposed in the playoffs!

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

To the rumors, my guy said we're still talking to OKC in multiple scenarios because OKC wants to tank for the French kid in next year's draft, Whataburger. Scenarios include SGA, #2, SGA and #2 and then other OKC players scenarios. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

To the rumors, my guy said we're still talking to OKC in multiple scenarios because OKC wants to tank for the French kid in next year's draft, Whataburger. Scenarios include SGA, #2, SGA and #2 and then other OKC players scenarios. 

Wait a minute! I thought you said you couldn't -- 🤨

Never mind. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Not even going to lie supe I have my doubts about building around Trae long term!

Small guards get exposed in the playoffs!

They do. I agree but Trae show us last year, he could win it if the matchups are good for him. Miami was tough, they shut what you love to do down. We will get better and have more chemistry moving forward but we gotta address that center position. You can spam the 1/5 PnR which is Trae's best player with someone as limited as Clint. It works on occasion but not as many times we spam it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, warcore said:

Wait a minute! I thought you said you couldn't -- 🤨

Never mind. 

I was joking about the French kid's name but the rest is legit. We have been talking to OKC for several months for different reasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

:indifferent:. No. Zion is gonna be a shooting guard? By the way, how come you sidestep me tough guy, you can directly answer me. Just because our political views may not be in line, that shouldn’t effect our basketball views. Just sayin.

Im so damn confused right now 😄    I wasn't saying Zion was gonna be a SG i was more so saying Zion's upside is much higher of both of them.  Like i want him more than Simmons because he is much higher upside of the 2.  Hopefully that makes more sense of what i was meaning it to mean.   No chance in hell Zion could ever be a 2 guard he is a best a PF at his size lol.   Although if he slimmed up a crazy good bit maybe a SF although i highly doubt that.

Also i have no clue what you are talking about on me side stepping you i don't ever remember you asking me a question my friend.   Can you link it to me if you did i will gladly answer it if i missed it.   Im not a very political person that much so im not even sure if our views are the same or not.  Im not really a democrat or a Republican i just like whoever i think has the better idea when they are running.  Although i think their all gonna screw us over in the end no matter what so i usually don't vote and just let the people decide who gets to reem us for the excitement 😄  

But yeah broham shoot me a link to a question you asked me or just repeat it here and i'll gladly answer what it is.  Unless you are thinking im someone else?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Im so damn confused right now 😄    I wasn't saying Zion was gonna be a SG i was more so saying Zion's upside is much higher of both of them.  Like i want him more than Simmons because he is much higher upside of the 2.  Hopefully that makes more sense of what i was meaning it to mean.   No chance in hell Zion could ever be a 2 guard he is a best a PF at his size lol.   Although if he slimmed up a crazy good bit maybe a SF although i highly doubt that.

Also i have no clue what you are talking about on me side stepping you i don't ever remember you asking me a question my friend.   Can you link it to me if you did i will gladly answer it if i missed it.   Im not a very political person that much so im not even sure if our views are the same or not.  Im not really a democrat or a Republican i just like whoever i think has the better idea when they are running.  Although i think their all gonna screw us over in the end no matter what so i usually don't vote and just let the people decide who gets to reem us for the excitement 😄  

But yeah broham shoot me a link to a question you asked me or just repeat it here and i'll gladly answer what it is.  Unless you are thinking im someone else?

Shoot my bad. Lol. Was the wrong guy. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Shoot my bad. Lol. Was the wrong guy. 

All good i was like damn did i do my boy spud wrong in the last few days.  Screw it if he is side stepping you i'll argue  with you in his stead so you can atleast enjoy it.   Send me the question anyways i sorta want to answer it and battle over it im in a good mood today 😄

Edited by Threezus
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I was joking about the French kid's name but the rest is legit. We have been talking to OKC for several months for different reasons.

Are you serious on this rumor as in it came from a source? Just wondering what assets OKC wants for that much.