• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Based on last year:

Clint had the lowest defensive rating on our team obviously.  Three guys had the same or lower rating than Ayton on the Suns (Crowder, Biyombo, McGee).

Ayton was assisted on even more of his shots than Clint (.809 to .765)

As bad as Clint was drawing fouls (1.36 per shooting and offensive combined) Ayton was even worse at 1.25.

Clint dunked 2.2 times a game, Ayton 1.6.

Ayton is a smooth roller with soft touch and his blocks are easily retained by his team.  There isn’t much more I like about his game, especially over Clint and for a max.  He has no voice in the locker room or sideline.  

Constant commandments and on-floor coaching from CP3 can be a gift and curse to players.  I think the absence will be really rough for Ayton.

Much better passing from Bigs would take this team to the next level.  A guy who averages more turns than assists won’t accomplish that, especially when replacing the league leader in running defensive RPM while battling injury.  And I’m not even a Clint fan but he’s been underrated his whole career by mainly his teams’ fanbases and GMs.

Somebody knows their basketball!

DeAndre Ayton needs more floor time. They only kept him out there 30 mins a game because they had McGee needing touches. The guy was a baller in high school / college / and now at Phoenix helping them reach the finals. Not sure how OO would fit a rotation with Ayton but the Hawks defensive issues and dunking aren’t at fault of the center/forwards. Our small forward needs to be more aggressive on the slashing and we don’t have a star shooting guard.

Nothing wrong with John Collins but he could be a key asset to fix the star shooting guard issue.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Idk I mean he is verified but lots of Hawks stuff out there these days. 

And too much to give up imo for Gobert. Creates more holes for us. 

Change Collins for Capella and then it's a go from me. We would be carrying three centers and no PF after this deal lol.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Idk I mean he is verified but lots of Hawks stuff out there these days. 

And too much to give up imo for Gobert. Creates more holes for us. 

Out 32 million in salary, in 57 million.  Wondering why this rumor feels not quite right.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who is coming up with all of these trade rumors?...Can't be the Hawks management.  If so, this team is lottery bound eventually.

Someone who didn't do their cap research...salaries aren't even close.

3 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Toney Jones is legit though!

That being said I’d pass!

not giving up jc & hunter for that package!

Doesn't work under the cap

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, GameTime said:

Ya know.

Woj is fine and all, but isn't that kinda like saying "Hey, y'all... watch me make this layup!"

If there's one team that is almost lock certain to be making some deal, it's the one with Gallo and his contract... oh... which happens to be the one whose owner practically promised some player movement this off-season.

"Hey, ya'll... I can hit this baseball of this tee... watch me!"

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Why do you like that deal? Ayton and Collins can coexist, I don't see that #7 pick being a good reason to move on from him.

You’re right it depends on the 7th pick selection for us. But I like the idea of putting Eric Bledsoe behind Trae as vet defensive leader who not too long ago made nba all defense teams. 

But now that I’ve put more thought into it nevermind I’d rather keep JC. Was thinking this one may be one I like but nope.

1 hour ago, nathan2331 said:

Why do you like that deal? Ayton and Collins can coexist, I don't see that #7 pick being a good reason to move on from him.

I don't think they can coexist on defense which matters most. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think they can coexist on defense which matters most. 

They are not the best defensive big man duo that’s no secret but for two players who both had low defensive expectations only to turn it around and both be considered good not great defensively is an awesome thing.

I don’t think they’ll be the best defensive PF and C tandem but I do think they could put a lot of pressure on their opponents with Trae leading the way. 

• Like 1

@Sothron

you mentioned back in January that Trae was letting the front office know that he wanted to play with Simmons during that time. I was just wondering if your guy ever mentioned to the FO that he wants to play with Ayton???

Just curious to know if he’s pushing for Ayton or not behind the scenes.

@NBASupes and @thecampster please chime in if you can.