• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogi has knee surgery to miss approximately three months.

marco102

• Premium Member

I dreamed that I asked this... so sue me if it goes to fast...

IF this procedure fixed Bogi's knee and he's stable.  He's able to play without pain.. He's able to give more effort.  Do you still consider trading him or  do you keep him?

29 minutes ago, Diesel said:

IF this procedure fixed Bogi's knee and he's stable.  He's able to play without pain. He's able to give more effort.  Do you still consider trading him or do you keep him?

Just my opinion:  The only real objection of Hawk fans was his injury.  If he has had it fixed, we no longer have anything to really gripe about.  I believe that he's much better than anything we could obtain for him in a trade.  We keep him!

:smug:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

IF this procedure fixed Bogi's knee and he's stable.  He's able to play without pain.. He's able to give more effort.  Do you still consider trading him or  do you keep him?

I would keep him, but not every knee surgery fixes the problem.  Maybe a better question is what are the realistic outcomes from this surgery?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

Bogdan Bogdanovic returns to practice after knee surgery

Good news for the Atlanta Hawks as Bogdan Bogdanovic recently surfaced putting in the work on the court in Serbia. Bogdanovic, 30, underwent right knee surgery in late May. He was set to miss three months and thus be ready for the 2022 NBA Preseason, based on the initial timeline.

The surgery was unexpected following the 2021-22 NBA season and was revealed by the Basketball Federation of Serbia before the Hawks followed up with a confirmation. The uneasy situation turned into optimism with the prolific shooting guard progressing according to plan and looking to be fully ready for the next NBA season.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Bogie!  We expected you back by the opening of the season.  You're a little late.  Hawks sure could use some extra scoring right now.  In the lost three games Atlanta has had a good lead in the 1st half.  Our opponents all changed to a zone defense in the 2nd half and we didn't know what to do and coach didn't tell us.  We lost the lead and the game - - All three times.

GET WELL SOON !!

:smug:

• Premium Member
On 6/13/2022 at 12:05 PM, Sothron said:

He had the surgery in May. Regular season isn't until October. He's got almost five months to recover. He'll be fine.

about to utter my three favorite words in the English language......

TOLD YOU SO

Edited by shakes
  • Haha 4

• Premium Member
On 6/13/2022 at 11:19 AM, shakes said:

🤣  We're talking about Bogi here.   The guy who has been out longer than originally expected for EVERY injury he has had since he's been on the Hawks.  0% chance he is back in 3 months like the article says.    I'd put it at 50/50 at best he is back in time for start of regular season.

in retrospect, I should've just left out the 50/50 part since I knew it was more like 0/0.

Also should've set the 50/50 for 2023.

• Premium Member
On 6/14/2022 at 10:11 AM, Sothron said:

Notice how the Hawks didn't specify that he would recover in advance of the NBA regular season, just some generic regular season.  Could've been talking about baseball opening day for all we know.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

PROGRESS!

The report listed him "out" until the latest one.  He's now listed as "doubtful!" which I take it to mean that it just might be possible that he will play!

GAINING ON IT!

😉

you keep kicking that football Charlie Brown!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Waiting (and waiting and waiting) for the Return of the Bogi.

One thing though. Keep in mind, Bogi can’t be the sole savior here. We need to do it as a team. But golly gee we really could use 3 or 4 more laser swish long balls from him for sure.

We should have a squawk party 🎉 in his first game back. I’ll bring the ding dongs.

• Haha 3