• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, terrell said:

Im talking about the FO not some message board.. lol

If you'd like to provide your hidden mic recordings, or even just your Schlenk public quotes that affirmed that they were "building around Trae"... specifically Trae and no one else, especially not John Collins... prior to the 2021 off-season... I'm all eyes/ears, bud.

I'd wait. But nah. Going to bed.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This is more true than people want to admit. Trae is a superstar but he makes you play 4 on 5 on defense. That's tough to build around.

They did it in Memphis... and Dallas. 

1 hour ago, sturt said:

No further productive outcome likely from this that hasn't already been accomplished... so, done.

This is you being done?

42 minutes ago, sturt said:

But nah, it costs people nothing to be decent. I don't generally let young 20-somethings define for me what I should consider decent. I don't know much, but I kinda have a clue on that front that they almost certainly wouldn't have. You might as well pick your nose in public as to refer to James Wiseman as Dr. J... no one's going to jail over either one, but no question there would be (appropriate) snickering upon seeing the booger pulled out of one's nose or hearing that player referenced in that way.

26 minutes ago, sturt said:

Your discretion to label it what you want to label it, and how you choose to do that, of course, is a reflection of your own attitude.

If merely a "nickname battle," that suggests one thing. I think it's more than that. So it's another thing. Random asked for the conversation. He got one. I'll always stand up for the old man who's a basketball legend, Hawk or no Hawk, and won't even barely apologize for that. Some things just should matter to people. It costs them nothing.

Let's get one thing straight, I didn't ask for this conversation, you are the one that made it an issue. And I can only tell you in so many ways how nonsensical I find your position on this matter. This whole waste of time and bandwidth is on you. I'm going to end up calling him Big O again at some point in the future, so you can choose to ignore it and scroll on by like an adult, or you can clutch your pearls again and be this guy:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMbappeBt9TpRclNvk46f

The choice is yours.  But if you're done like you claimed you are, then be done.

Edited by RandomFan

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

They did it in Memphis... and Dallas. 

I mean we almost went to the Finals with Trae so...we've done it too. That doesn't change the fact it is hard to build around a really bad defender. Both Morant and Luka are better defenders, even if slightly, than Trae is as well. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sothron said:

SAR for Pau Gasol the 3rd pick in that draft.

Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler, I can't remember if Tyson was the 2nd or 3rd pick in that draft.

I'm sure there's been more since then. Maybe Z-bo? 

But I'm not in favor of trading JC for a pick.

This is more true than people want to admit. Trae is a superstar but he makes you play 4 on 5 on defense. That's tough to build around.

It forces you to have not just good defenders around him but excellent and potentially great ones and they still have to be offensively capable. 

JC rumors seem flimsy at best. He is on a long term deal, coming off an injury, and wants to be here. So it's not his agent wanting out spreading rumors. Our front office is not in the habit of moving productive players and they wouldn't tip their hand so blatantly.

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

JC rumors seem flimsy at best. He is on a long term deal, coming off an injury, and wants to be here. So it's not his agent wanting out spreading rumors. Our front office is not in the habit of moving productive players and they wouldn't tip their hand so blatantly.

The reports that he's a lock to get moved is lies. I don't care if you heard it from Stein, Woj, etc. That said, we all know his price right now. 

1. A high lottery pick with Daniels on the board. I am not sure if anyone else other than Daniels at this time appeals to the Hawks like Sharpe and Mathurin. Daniels seems to be Atlanta guy. Ideally, Atlanta wants Jaden Ivey but that's unlikely.

2. Cap space

3. I forgot number 3 but yeah. We all know the price tag for JC. He's not going anywhere unless teams meet his price tag. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I mean we almost went to the Finals with Trae so...we've done it too. That doesn't change the fact it is hard to build around a really bad defender. Both Morant and Luka are better defenders, even if slightly, than Trae is as well. 

Trae will make up for it this season, by being in the top 10 in steals.  Remember this post.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Well, we are somewhere about 72 hours left in Silly Season.  As we get closer to the end, the more crazy rumors we ought to expect.

Today, I expect a Wojbomb or a ShamBlast saying that the Hawks are entertaining thoughts of a JC for Kyrie Trade.

or 

Maybe we'll see the Wreckless Rumor of JC/Gallo to the Lakers for Westbrook.  By unnamed Sources...

Recommence...

• Premium Member

We should get our Trade Package for KD together.

If Kyrie is not resigned, KD is going to want out. 

Plus, there has to be a mountain of pressure to prove that he can win it without a superteam.

Plus, KD loves Trae.

Brooklyn may just find themselves in a restart.

• Premium Member

“We feel we’ve become a competitive team, but now we have to take the next step, and these are difficult decisions.

“If you make a mistake in the draft, you can overcome that. It’s a two-year mistake. If you make a mistake in free agency or in a sign-and-trade, when you’re giving somebody a four-year, $150 million contract, that can be detrimental for a long time.”

These are the words of our VPBO..

Was Cam a two year mistake?

How about Marvin Williams?

Just out of curiosity, what is the Kings cap situation looking like?

If we were to theoretically deal JC to them for the 4 pick, what else would we have to take back? 

I wonder if there would be any interest from them in bringing Bogi back? They likely regret choosing Buddy over him. Maybe they would like a do over with him back? 

I wonder what kind of scenario might work between JC, Bogi, future picks from us and 4, Barnes, and/or Sabonis from them. 

19 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Just out of curiosity, what is the Kings cap situation looking like?

If we were to theoretically deal JC to them for the 4 pick, what else would we have to take back? 

I wonder if there would be any interest from them in bringing Bogi back? They likely regret choosing Buddy over him. Maybe they would like a do over with him back? 

I wonder what kind of scenario might work between JC, Bogi, future picks from us and 4, Barnes, and/or Sabonis from them. 

13.8 million in cap space. 

4th overall pick 

Best trade value for Atlanta, Rishaun Holmes who can be flipped. 

Realistic cap holds, Donte DeVincenzo 14 million, RFA. Donte status: Wants out of Sacramento. 

While they will not trade 4 for JC. Realistically, let's say they move back to 6 and get Duarte for Davis. 

They could do Holmes/Len/6 for JC. This would save Atlanta about 4 million dollars. 

They can easily flip Holmes and package him for a better player to be the 6th man or just keep him with Kevin and Bogi. 

Portland probably has the best deal. Hart/7 for JC/16. Fits all requirements for Atlanta and gives us even more trade assets with Hart. It's clear, two of the three of Hart, Bogi, and Kevin have to go since Daniels will be here as well. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Diesel said:

These are the words of our VPBO..

Was Cam a two year mistake?

How about Marvin Williams?

I think he won’t hesitate to send 2 year players out the door if they aren’t developing. 

I’m sure he would have shipped Marvin out when value is high. We could’ve saved all those years of anguish. 

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member

(Public service announcement... I see Random was up later than me last night. Chose not to belabor that conversation here by addressing his contentions. Senior members will find a response has been placed in the forum for senior members only, if they care.... otherwise... carry on.)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

13.8 million in cap space. 

4th overall pick 

Best trade value for Atlanta, Rishaun Holmes who can be flipped. 

Realistic cap holds, Donte DeVincenzo 14 million, RFA. Donte status: Wants out of Sacramento. 

While they will not trade 4 for JC. Realistically, let's say they move back to 6 and get Duarte for Davis. 

They could do Holmes/Len/6 for JC. This would save Atlanta about 4 million dollars. 

They can easily flip Holmes and package him for a better player to be the 6th man or just keep him with Kevin and Bogi. 

Portland probably has the best deal. Hart/7 for JC/16. Fits all requirements for Atlanta and gives us even more trade assets with Hart. It's clear, two of the three of Hart, Bogi, and Kevin have to go since Daniels will be here as well. 

Any Ayton trade with Capela means we have to add 6.3 million in trade capital that's available. 

If we trade Hart/7 for JC/16, we can modify our Blazers deal and add the Ayton SnT which will cover for the 6.3 million we have to have available. 

If we want to trade Hart, we would ideally need to do it in that modified deal as we can package him. Whereas, once the deal is finalized, we have to wait 90 days to trade him. 

We have to be very crafty to land Ayton but its feasible which is all that matters. 

For example, look at my screenshot.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-21-2022_8-06-49AM.png

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Any Ayton trade with Capela means we have to add 6.3 million in trade capital that's available. 

If we trade Hart/7 for JC/16, we can modify our Blazers deal and add the Ayton SnT which will cover for the 6.3 million we have to have available. 

If we want to trade Hart, we would ideally need to do it in that modified deal as we can package him. Whereas, once the deal is finalized, we have to wait 90 days to trade him. 

We have to be very crafty to land Ayton but its feasible which is all that matters. 

The craftiness and determination to get Ayton is peak front office. That is why I’ll be interested to see if this FO which I consider strong, will pursue and actually close that deal.