• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

I dunno. For the cost San Antonio is demanding for Murray (players and picks), how much greater would it be to get Beal? I've been out of the loop for a few months so please let me know...

Edited by Dejay

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

All of you are out here refreshing looking for updates, but I'm also here refreshing to see if @TheBillShanksShow show is going to chime in while they are lurking this thread.

wait-wait-what.gif

....and all the 93 guests lurking for updates.  

Now might be a good time to switch to the Senior forum

sly-smile-gif.gif

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I don't get it.  Murray just isn't that good.  I know you guys are just chomping at the bit to dump Collins, but to add 3 draft picks for a good but not great 2 guard?  Is getting rid of Collins that important to you?

Hell no. I've been one of Collin's biggest supporters. 

Just saying I'd rather give up more picks than include OO in the trade.  

Collins is one of the biggest trade chips we have and if it can bring back Murray and we keep the other young guys, I'm okay with it. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I love Collins.  I'd rather send them Kev plus picks but guessing they won't go for it.   

Again, Murray is a good player, but  he aint no superstar.  The price we are paying is what you'd pay for a superstar.  Besides, in 2 years, his contract will be up, and I'll believe the "we're willing to go into the luxury tax" stuff when I see it.  So in all likelihood, he walks.  If Murray was that great, and on a low price contract, why would San Antonio be looking to unload him?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Again, Murray is a good player, but  he aint no superstar.  The price we are paying is what you'd pay for a superstar.  Besides, in 2 years, his contract will be up, and I'll believe the "we're willing to go into the luxury tax" stuff when I see it.  So in all likelihood, he walks.  If Murray was that great, and on a low price contract, why would San Antonio be looking to unload him?

Because he's expressed his interest in wanting to win now and the Spurs are rebuilding.   They'll trade their all star for picks and a quality player. 

Not saying Murray is the best player out there, but he fixes a lot of the holes the Hawks have that were exploited by Miami.  If giving up John raises our ceiling, I'm all for it. 

I'm not attached to any player on the Hawks. Just want to win a championship.   Well maybe Trae...

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You would think Murray is Bradley Beal on here. 

Dudes ready to give up the sun, the moon, stars, and the mountains plus the world for this guy.

Impact stats says he was better than Bradley Beal last year.  

Just saying, " stats guy".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Beal has proved his value in the league as a top 15-20 guy. The stats say Capela is better than Ayton but ya'll still want Ayton

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

As emotions and excitement calm down it seems like folks are almost headed back on the trade JC for a pick + scrub bandwagon lol

Price matters. I love JC and don’t want to move him just because. But if we are going to move him, it needs to be to bring in a big time player that helps is win on the court.

Murray is exactly the type of player you want on your roster. All-star, All-NBA defense, playmaker, and at a position of need for us. That’s enormous value. That’s showing your star player that you hear him and are not afraid to make moves to help him win. 

I think that there are other moves to be made in tandem with this and that’s why we have to be cautious about what we are sending out for one player.

Otherwise, sign me up and keep it pushing.

Why aren't we asking our star player to play defense, which would help us win?  

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

With respect to Murray, let's see how far his impact stats drop when he no longer has Pops as his coach, but has Nate instead.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My source said we have been talking to SAS since before the trade deadline for a Murray deal. Deflected any other questions. Did tell me to "make sure you watch the draft, expect some fireworks"

I love it when sources think they are Rodney Dangerfield or something. Kids still know who that is, right?

Back to School is one of my favorite movies!

• Like 3