• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can't see us trading Collins straight up for Barnes. That's a terrible one sided trade.

If that happens I wanna see this team crash and burn. They don't deserve any kind of success or fan support

I'll be rooting for my other team the Timberwolves

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Who will win the John Collins sweepstakes?

We don't know the answer to that question just yet, but the Atlanta big man is drumming up plenty of trade interest (again) as the draft nears. Not surprisingly, that chatter has grown even more today.

Yet while there seems to be some sort of unofficial consensus around the league that Sacramento is leading the way in terms of the negotiations, sources say the Kings' offer has thus far been seen as underwhelming by the Hawks. Kings small forward Harrison Barnes would go to Atlanta in the deal, and — to be clear — the Kings' No. 4 pick is not part of these discussions. If that were the case, it would likely be done already.

As Bleacher Report's Jake Fischer reported on Wednesday, sources confirm that there have been significant talks with San Antonio about a deal involving Collins and Spurs guard Dejounte Murray. Yet as of late last night, the Spurs' massive price was seen as exorbitant by the Hawks. A significant gap exists there, it seems, but it's still very much worth watching.

Now, what about Utah? The Hawks have been rumored to have interest in Jazz center Rudy Gobert for quite some time, and getting an elite big back for Collins would make sense in terms of roster construction. Except for one thing: Sources significantly downplayed the idea that Atlanta wants Gobert and said this scenario has been wildly overblown. For starters, the Hawks still think very highly of center Clint Capela and franchise centerpiece Trae Young is known to be quite close with him as well. With that in mind, take a quick peek at the respective contracts of the two big men and you'll better understand why the Hawks are not pursuing Utah's three-time Defensive Player of the Year and three-time All-Star.

Capela: $18.2 million next season (three years, $61 million combined left on his deal).

Gobert: $35.3 next season (four years, $169 million combined left on his deal; player option in 2025-26)

The list of suitors is long here, with Indiana, Washington and Brooklyn known to have shown interest. Stay tuned ...

NBA Draft 2022 time and live updates: Latest trades, news, pick order and how to watch - The Athletic

• Moderators

Quinn Snyder really bailed at the right time on the Jazz.   They are going to be big losers this offseason i'm guessing. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Spurs have us over a barrel and they know it. I'm sure they want nothing less than our young front court and numerous draft picks.

In what way?   They are getting better offers than Collins and a bunch of firsts. 

• Premium Member

A quick note on draft-day trades to move up or in for a pick

Rather than buy on spec, teams often to prefer to finalize these deals “on the clock” — i.e., when that actual pick in the draft comes up — to be certain they can get the player they want with that pick.

Often, teams will go into the draft with a deal or deals in their pocket, contingent only on a certain player being available with the pick in question. “If our guy is there …” is a common qualifier regarding any trade conversation about a move up in the draft.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Man, I wish the Dejounte news never broke.  I was completely fine with running it back with just Ayton.  I REALLY would love if they made the trade happen.  However, if Spurs are asking too much, it's best to stand pat.  

trading for stars > settling for mediocrity. sigh

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Spurs have us over a barrel and they know it. I'm sure they want nothing less than our young front court and numerous draft picks.

The Hawks will just keep JC and the picks.  JC is not a negative asset.  Hawks can run back the same team with Ayton and be fine. 

Hell, they can run back the same team with no moves and be fine if everyone comes back healthy with improvements.  Big if.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Deshawn Watson and Dejuante Murray.  Them De's got both Falcon and Hawk fans all excited for nothing. Not only did they have the same girlfriend, they both had Atlanta teams increase their value in trade negotiations. We stay not getting who we want.  

Who Is Deshaun Watson's Girlfriend? All About Jilly Anais

Edited by Hawkmoor

I just got back on the board but if we trade Collins for Barnes I’m immediately taking another sabbatical 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A quick note on draft-day trades to move up or in for a pick

If our guy is there …” is a common qualifier regarding any trade conversation about a move up in the draft.

There pick was there after falling down into their laps at 20 last season and didn't see the rotation.

Edited by Hawkmoor