• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member

For the record.. for all the talking that I have done, I would rather have us come away from this offseason with.

A resigned Delon.

A signed Lopez or McGee.

and  Murray & Portis.

I'm simple....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

For the record.. for all the talking that I have done, I would rather have us come away from this offseason with.

A resigned Delon.

A signed Lopez or McGee.

and  Murray & Portis.

I'm simple....

I’m down with this. Murray is the biggest peice.

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

A resigned Delon.

A signed Lopez or McGee.

and  Murray & Portis.

I'm simple....

After all this confusion, I just want to play some rain music and chill. I'm wore out.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

JC - Good PF, Been Injured. 

Hunter = Potential , Been injured alot.

OO = Potential, been Injured a lot. 

future first... = Potential.

I think the problem here is that we overrate our players.   Let me help you... KD is a HOF Player coming off of a season where he put up:

29.9 ppg, 7.4 rpg, and 6.4 apg while shooting 51.8% from the field and 38.4% from three

Do you think you're going to get him for Kev and JC??

You literally give up JC - Kev - Hunter - OO + 1st rd picks, in order to secure Durant here.

You'd still have Capela and Bogi.  You could re-sign Wright.  And you add role playing fillers to put around your two offensive superstar players.  There is no way you let any Hawk player ( not named Trae Young ) prevent you from landing a sure fire 1st ballot Hall of Famer, who is still in his prime.

Trae - Wright - Bogi - KD - Capela . . . that's about as good as it gets folks.

Adding Durant with Trae Young instantly puts the Hawks on national TV 20 - 25 times a year.

• Like 1

Hopefully we don’t wait to long on other great deals hoping for KD to come here! I get it KD is top notch but hawks franchise has been super unlucky in these situations.

just go get Murray and Ayton!

14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

JC - Good PF, Been Injured. 

Hunter = Potential , Been injured alot.

OO = Potential, been Injured a lot. 

future first... = Potential.

I think the problem here is that we overrate our players.   Let me help you... KD is a HOF Player coming off of a season where he put up:

29.9 ppg, 7.4 rpg, and 6.4 apg while shooting 51.8% from the field and 38.4% from three

Do you think you're going to get him for Kev and JC??

So between those two extremes, can you think of nothing in between that would make more sense for both teams? 

7a082c97e70bafe2b6f75af41445cedf.jpg

24 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

KD trade would, imo, be less about winning basketball and setting ourselves up to be a contender for years to come, and more about using him to drive up the franchise value

We'd be on Undisputed/First Take every day.. lol

• Haha 1

Kyrie is using the threat of KD wanting to leave as leverage to get what he wants from the Nets. KD is also in on it because he told the Nets he was okay with them shopping Kyrie, which is a subtle way of corroborating that he (KD) is no longer committed to seeing their partnership through.

It's a bunch of posturing that will drag out way longer than the draft. 

As many have said, if there is a deal on the table, you don't put it on hold because of the idea of KD. That entire situation in Brooklyn is a soap opera that's only on it's second scene and won't be resolved tonight. Their agents are likely just using the draft as a pawn to scare the crap out of Brooklyn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Adding Durant with Trae Young instantly puts the Hawks on national TV 20 - 25 times a year.

Exactly -- it would be a $$$ move, not a winning basketball move.  I would love KD if we didn't have to mortgage our future for him.  It's too risky and the guy is getting old.... we'd have a 2 year window to make something happen and I hate feeling like my team is on a timer lol

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

What You Talking About GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Atlanta is the NUMBER ONE destination for current and former athletes to live in the offseason.  Heck, Shaq got houses all over the Atl.

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-favored-spot-for-athletes-call-home/ePTMedyg4BiylEvOCEAHJJ/

Yeah they visit in the offseason..  Shaq probably rents most of those houses...Hes a businessman...Theyre "sidechicks" live here..

Ive talked to NFL players.. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I really don't see anything topping that package the Clippers sent to OKC for Paul George tbh, and if that's the type of package we need to get KD, I think we balk.

Reminder on what that Paul George trade took:

SGA

Gallo

5 FRP

2 pick swaps

I hope we don't leverage nearly the next decade for KD regardless of how good he is. He's already 33, turning 34 in September. His age/injuries concern me heavily..

• Like 2