• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

audible sigh.  Okay so lets pretend we only use minimum level deals in your scenario to fill out the roster.  Average 2 million per min deal.  Clint, JC, Bogi out, Ayton in would mean we'd need to fill 7 slots with min deals.  That's $14 million.  Add Ayton's 30 million. Subtract JC, Clint, Bogi (61 mil). Assuming no salary came back dumping JC and Bogi...yes, technically yes you could fit in Ayton.

Now lets get real.  The money to fit in Ayton was the waiving of Gallo money so without a salary dump of at least $15 million, it isn't possible and you can only get bare basement signings.  Translation....you're out on Ayton.

You're out on Ayton on a max.  Not disputing anything you said above, but you can't just say you're out when there are other options. 

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah the problem is there is so much smoke on this overall trade that it actually caught a spark. Meaning the dialog has stayed open between the teams to find the right deal.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Now if we can pull off a swap of Murray for Gallo, do we look to move one of Bogi or Huerter? Or do we let Delon walk? I suppose we could keep everyone and bring Delon, Bogi and Huerter of the bench. That would be an embarrassment of riches.

Trade em'? Is Durant next? Trae-Murray-Durant big 3 can win the East..... Let me calm down.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, phoostal said:

I think you made it politicalwith your comments 

Wasnt my intention. Just cant see him coming here.. Hawks are keen on issues like this... End of story..

• Like 2

I don’t think we have enough picks to get both Murray and KD. Assuming 3 picks go along with Gallo to Spurs. How many picks do you need with JC/OO/Huerter for Durant? I would care very little about the draft anyway if we have Trae, Murray and KD. 

Man… imagine a lineup of Trae, Murray, Hunter, KD and Capela. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I don’t think we have enough picks to get both Murray and KD. Assuming 3 picks go along with Gallo to Spurs. How many picks do you need with JC/OO/Huerter for Durant? I would care very little about the draft anyway if we have Trae, Murray and KD. 

Man… imagine a lineup of Trae, Murray, Hunter, KD and Capela. 

If we could resign Delon. Bench of

Delon/Bogi/?/?/?

lol.. All of these rumors man...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Schlenk gonna move JC and Bogi for KD just watch… lol

If BRK loses Kyrie and KD, I look for them to go into something like OKC mode... there's not much point in trying to remain relevant in the short term at that point.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Watchman said:

You sure about that?  I think the following will set the record straight (if I can figure out how to upload it).  Collins numbers dramatically drop off after the arrival of Capela.  They get in each other's way.

Season   Min   Pts   Reb   Center 
2017-18          24.1          10.5            7.3 Dedmon, Ilyasova, Plumlee, Muscala
2018-19          30.0          19.5            9.8 Dedmon, Len, Plumlee, Zeller
2019-20          33.2          21.6          10.1 Dedmon, Len, Fernando
2020-21          29.3          17.6            7.4 Capela, OO, Knight, Fernando
2021-22          30.8          16.2            7.8 Capela, OO, Dieng

Just because his attempts drop off doesn't mean that they can't work.   It's a matter of finding the right offensive mix..   Like Kevin Love going to Cleveland.   However, his ppg and rpg went down.. OK.  Our win total went up.  That means it was working.   However, his role did change. I think the quiet question is

Spoiler

how much of a role did PEDs play in his 2nd and 3rd year success...

Like I said however, his role did change.. I think under Hunt, we had more offensive plays.  I remember seeing a lot more double screens and baseline backdoors. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

by Friday

Of course, if Klein's got this one right, we're at t-minus 48 hours b/c of Gallo's status. (EDIT: Of course, I'm assuming they'd want to release him.)

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, sturt said:

If BRK loses Kyrie and KD, I look for them to go into something like OKC mode... there's not much point in trying to remain relevant in the short term at that point.

The question quickly becomes what do they do with Simmons.  The interesting thing about a Brooklyn rebuild is they wouldn't really be tanking and would be mostly using other teams picks, so they could maintain a winning culture or try to develop one anyways.