• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Anything happen yet? :ninja:

Yep.  Me and supes still going at it.  That's about it.

Oh and I'm officially Westcoast squawkin this week.  In SoCal.  Don't know if I should drink some gin 'n juice or not to commemorate the occasion. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
Jay Bird: According to a league source, the Atlanta Hawks are moving on in their pursuit of Spurs guard Dejounte Murray and are pivoting to deal centered around Lu Dort from the Oklahoma City Thunder. Danillo Gallinari and pick(s) are being discussed

via Twitter JayBirdHawk

Hide contents

AprilFoolsMemes-13.jpg

Hide contents

I wonder how many of you were pissed.

nm

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

@AHF .... I don't say this often but .... prepare the banhammer! 

But first, lemme take this hook outta my cheek 'cause I fell for that one wholeheartedly. 

Worse, she knew she'd at least have me having to read it twice. I feel so targeted.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

That's not the market that has been set.  It comes from some obscure website with no sources.  No Spurs reputable media has even repeated that.  

You guys really have some wild swings during this time of year.  99% of what we hear is BS and teams posturing.  It's not the setting of markets.

Who on this messageboard suggested the Hawks trade for Murray back in December 2021? Me!  Who do I trust? Me!

YARN | Who do I trust? Me! | Scarface (1983) | Video gifs by quotes |  5b42ddb7 | 紗

40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm just now seeing this from this article:

4) Multiple sources have told me the only player on the Hawks the Spurs would value as a possible replacement for a first round pick is Onyeka Okongwu. The 21-year-old big man averaged 8.2 points, 5.9 rebounds and 1.3 blocks in 20.7 minutes per game last season.

38 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Done deal then?

image.gif.dbb7a782ce106278c035639c7572aa68.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I just want to make sure we aren't talking past each other.

Market value is not what a seller is asking for.  Market is what teams will pay.

I can tell you I want $250k from you for my 2016 Honda Civic.  But the market will tell you that people are willing to pay ~$17k.  The $250k is asking price.  The $17k is market price.  A seller can refuse to sell for market price but a seller doesn't unilaterally dictate market price since that is dictated by the amount other people are willing to pay.

What deals in the past do you see as the richest that the market has actually paid for someone with 1 season above a 16.5 PER and 1 season above a .087 WS/48?  Let's use the richest deals in NBA history for such a player and assume that is the market.  Who are your comparables and what did they fetch?

So that we are not talking past each other, did you see the last sentence I wrote that said " that doesn't mean there can't be a market correction down."  I'm fully aware that San Antonio is ATTEMPTING to set the market with their offer. 

Now, as everybody waits on pins and needles waiting for the trade, sure enough, Minnesota and some unannounced team out of the East are rumored to be hot and heavy in pursuit of Murray while offering THREE first rounders and a TOP young player that would be EQUIVALENT to that fourth pick, which I'm hearing is pressuring the Hawks to offer OO as that fourth pick from the Hawks to counter.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
Jay Bird: According to a league source, the Atlanta Hawks are moving on in their pursuit of Spurs guard Dejounte Murray and are pivoting to deal centered around Lu Dort from the Oklahoma City Thunder. Danillo Gallinari and pick(s) are being discussed

via Twitter JayBirdHawk

Hide contents

AprilFoolsMemes-13.jpg

Hide contents

I wonder how many of you were pissed.

I'm officially adding you to my ignore list. 🤬

• Haha 4