• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Haha, burd finna be in trouble.

Aye @Sothron, tell the brass to rank best posters.  I wanna know which one-a you clowns is fightin for that #2 spot behind the cagey one.

I'm surprised benhillboy doesn't have a job offer with the Hawks yet.  Wait a minute......🤔

• Haha 1

I think Travis called their bluff o. This as well.  We had reports yesterday that a team in the east was willing to give up four firsts and a young player.  Travis basically said, “This is our offer.  If you can get the other, do it:”

• Like 2

• Premium Member

As the Hawks and Spurs talked about the deal late last week and through the weekend, there was a sense of confusion and disbelief from some of the involved parties on the Atlanta side. Were the Spurs really willing to part ways with a 25-year-old who is widely seen as one of the best under-the-radar talents in the league? Would they really welcome a full-on rebuild during Gregg Popovich’s twilight years? The Hawks knew the price would be high to land Murray, but the chance to solve so many of their problems by pairing him with Young in their backcourt was too good to pass up.

Then came the unnerving silence. Sources say the Spurs went quiet for an extended period early this week, with Hawks officials wondering internally if San Antonio might have been retreating from the possible deal or, perhaps, gaining momentum in trade talks elsewhere. Time was of the essence on the Hawks’ side, as Gallinari’s $21.45 million contract for this season was set to fully guarantee by Wednesday evening.

So Knicks didn't even speak with Spurs?  Lol

Yet while The Athletic’s Jon Krawczynzski reported that there were Murray-centric talks between the Spurs and Minnesota last week, the Timberwolves’ front office clearly wasn’t comfortable going all-in to land him. The Knicks were reported as a possible Murray landing spot, but a source with knowledge of their discussions said they did not talk to San Antonio about him. Atlanta, meanwhile, was clearly determined to find another elite wing talent.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So Knicks didn't even speak with Spurs?  Lol

Some people's got some splainin to do...

Legion Hoops, right?

How bout Fischer... not sure, but seems like he suggested NYK was in the mix along with MIN... or was that someone else?

• Like 2

Ranking the top NBA backcourts per BR.

Where Do Trae Young, Dejounte Murray Rank Among NBA's Top Backcourts After Trade?

10. Nets

9. Jazz

8. Bulls

7. Sixers

6. Mavs

5. Celts

4. Hawks

3. Grizz

2. Suns

1. scubs

I got:

5. Celts

4. Sixers

3. scubs

2. Suns

1. HAWKS    YA I SAID IT!!! :aaa:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Suns can only take back ~$18 million for Ayton (BYC rules)

Yes, but you can do a second trade to the Suns for Bogi and a pick and then the Suns will need to clear about $20 million in space.  They have small one year contracts they can send out to someone.

6 minutes ago, sturt said:

Some people's got some splainin to do...

Legion Hoops, right?

How bout Fischer... not sure, but seems like he suggested NYK was in the mix along with MIN... or was that someone else?

Fischer was ultimately correct about the outcome so we cant quibble too much.

• Like 1