• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

19 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Wolves desperate to make a deep playoff run. Let's hope Gobert helps them over the hump for their sake, else they will continue the narrative that he doesn't help that.. 

It's an outstanding move by that franchise.   They legit have 3 All-Stars on that squad.  They improved defensively last year, and should be even more improved next season. And a big like Gobert in the middle could literally enable the Wolves to have an All-Star player at the 5 at all times.

Sacramento should show that type of desperation sometimes, seeing that they've missed the playoffs for 15 straight years.

6 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Just a what if, but...what would be the reaction if the Heat somehow kept Jimmy Butler and managed to get Durant AND Mitchell!?🤮🤮🤮🤮

The Heat have a way of always getting what they want 🤮.

You know that's exactly what they want to do.  And these tanking ass teams will enable them to do just that.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Kobie Drew said:

I know not everyone is for it. And just to be clear I am not saying that I want this to happen. But if JC ends up in Brooklyn for Ben Simmons, I want y’all to stand back and look at our lineups. Bc that is a very crazy good defensive team. And if defensive was our biggest problem last year…🤷🏽‍♂️

Defense yes.. offense no

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's an outstanding move by that franchise.   They legit have 3 All-Stars on that squad.  They improved defensively last year, and should be even more improved next season. And a big like Gobert in the middle could literally enable the Wolves to have an All-Star player at the 5 at all times.

Sacramento should show that type of desperation sometimes, seeing that they've missed the playoffs for 15 straight years.

When Sacramento makes those types of moves, they make stupid moves historically.  They traded an unprotected first to create room to sign Rondo as a FA - that pick was used to draft Jayson Tatum.  They traded a first for JJ Hickson.  Etc.  They have made desperate moves.  Just bad ones.

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Considering who our coach is, there is a big possiblity that Justin Holiday is his choice early on.  Fields should mandate that Nate play the more talented kids.

This is what I'm afraid of.  TLC & Knox over JJ was bad enough this year.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

The thing is we aren't worse overall.  The addition of Murray makes us better.  I would actually be disappointed from a business and roster construction perspective if we didn't pull the trigger on clearing out a log jam at SG.

We are so close to the tax line, the smart thing to do is to avoid the tax if possible this year.  The exception would be landing a third star.  Huerter is not a guy you go into the tax land to pay, especially if you have two other starter quality SGs on the roster. 

This saves us from going into repeater level tax the following year.  Plus we have another asset to use in future trades with this pick.   

The starting lineup is better. No question about that.

• Like 3

Just now, theheroatl said:

I dunno about most of ya'll but I give the ATL offseason a A grade so far:

Murray - Addressed a massive perimeter defense hole and secondary playmaker

Gallo Out - Addressed Guaranteed Contract Issue vs. Waiving for $5m vs using in trade = Good use of that contract

Huerter Out - Alleviated Log Jam and garnered market value for someone who was plateauing.

They definitely get an A so far.

• Like 3