• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Offseason Ramblings

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, hawkman said:

I'm not saying how it should be. I'm saying how it is. Sometimes, $$$ and "culture" get superseded by human nature. Pushing someone during a heated exchange is absolutely an escalation. Pushing someone during a heated exchange never diffuses an altercation unless it's the more physically imposing person doing the pushing. That might make the other person think better of taking things any further. Unfortunately, Poole wasn't the more physically imposing person during that altercation. To clarify, I'm not defending Green's actions. I'm just saying that that altercation went through all of the typical progressions that lead to a punch being thrown or the two parties grappling with each other. Poole made a gross miscalculation if he thought that him pushing Green was the end of the altercation. 

these are the types of posts that let me know you never played a team sport at any level.     People who haven't played sports tend to look at this situation through the eyes of if it happened out on the streets or on the playground.  You are forgetting the KEY FACTOR to this discussion, THEY ARE TEAMMATES.

None of your analysis applies or is correct when factoring in what a teammate should expect another teammate to do in this type of confrontation.

• Like 3

• Moderators
16 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

If you're talking about how it is, pushing basically never escalates into a "walk toward the guy and throw a haymaker".  We see it in hundreds of games every single year... the escalation started and ended with Draymond.  Blaming Poole for a harmless shove or even suggesting he "miscalculated" just seems misguided.  How do you know they haven't had an exchange like that before? Multiple times? Because we've all seen that exchange happens 100 times for every time a guy throws a punch... and people all over the internet can use anecdotes from the park or w/e to debate whether Dray's punch was a sucker punch or unexpected, but the fact Poole did not expect it at all is all you need to know.

People diagnosing that exchange like it's two dudes at the park in a pickup game are just off-base.  Dray definitely punched him like he was a stranger, which is why the whole thing is major news anyways -- "leader" of the team cold cocking the young all-star talented teammate for being cocky or w/e irrelevant exchange they had is very news worthy and not at all normal.

This is exactly my view.  How it "is" in the NBA is that guys get in each other's face, shove some, etc. but don't throw punches.  It is highly notable when it happens because of how rare it is.

This is what NBA escalation looks like:

th?id=OIP.5j4WawROBiXQli6uwlJr2gAAAA&pid

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, shakes said:

this is nonsense.  Poole didn't escalate the situation.    And the only teaching moment here is pointing out what a POS and horrific teammate Draymond is.

No, no shakes .... hurt people hurt people and all that.  Green was hurting so he'll step away to get the help he needs....

And, if you believe all that, I got beachfront property in Kansas to sell ya.  Friends and family prices, just for you.

Seriously though, if you're Poole, how you go back to that team?  Actually .... I just figured it out.  Follow me here ...

So, once he's reinstated, Green walks in.  A hush falls over the facility.  Then murmurs.  Then silence.

*gasp* Is he ... yes, yes he's walking over to Poole's locker.  Oh and Steve (Kerr) and Bob (Myers) are there with the PR folks.  And is that Holly Rowe?  Awwww, this is gonna be a tearful apology ... made for the 'gram.  I can't wait ... to retweet it.  Lemme get muh phone ready.  An, gotta flip to landscape for this'n.....

Bu-wait, uhm, what's that look on Poole's face?  Smells like a cross between devilish cunning and deeply-rooted hatred that never went away despite the Warriors' org claiming all is well.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47jsallttebhgpzv1hc8

Maybe Poole's just waiting 'til Draymond's guard is down and not expecting retaliation?  If so, this would be the perfect moment to .....

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47z4lwtfbcizyxian1qp9

100.webp?cid=ecf05e47h9psj2len8coyu6oa6q

Draymond!  You deserve it but ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e472vestoumh5i0593gww

Oh no, we're tooo laaaateeee .....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e473wny0tm0e3wj7i8avc

"Draymond, your thoughts?" - H. Rowe

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47esn6xlgfcy7i3mmysy

• Haha 2

Just now, kg01 said:

Ah man, I put blood, sweat, and tears into that post and this is all I get?  Sadface emoji.....

Feels weird to be on the other side huh? :laugh1: #seespuddraft2020threads 

It was magnificent and I swear I’m not holding a grudge because you have your Ranger Suarez jersey on or anything. This is just about the material at hand…

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Feels weird to be on the other side huh? :laugh1: #seespuddraft2020threads 

It was magnificent and I swear I’m not holding a grudge because you have your Ranger Suarez jersey on or anything. This is just about the material at hand…

Hey, I hated being right on Ranger.

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hey, I hated being right on Ranger.

Don’t pat yourself too hard there on the back. It wasn’t him it was our lack of clutch hitting we left the bases loaded twice and he was serving up wiffle balls.

More Braves losing this one that Phillies winning it.

But hey, you wanna be right about something we do have a thread predicting the Hawks win total, might wanna give that a shot chief. You know, since your so hot 🥵.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

A week and 8 hours before we tipoff the regular season!!!!  This has felt like the longest offseason in Hawks history

That’s cuz Ume raped a bunch of women and Draymond committed a felony and KD gets to treat his teammates likes crap..

Yes, a long season indeed.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

What sport you play with that yellow hat? Pin 📌 the tail on the donkey? Comon man.

you ever play competitive pin the tail on the donkey?   It's not for the light of heart or if you don't like getting stabbed with pins a lot.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

A week and 8 hours before we tipoff the regular season!!!!  This has felt like the longest offseason in Hawks history

The prior year we went deep into the playoffs and had a shorter offseason as well.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

these are the types of posts that let me know you never played a team sport at any level.     People who haven't played sports tend to look at this situation through the eyes of if it happened out on the streets or on the playground.  You are forgetting the KEY FACTOR to this discussion, THEY ARE TEAMMATES.

None of your analysis applies or is correct when factoring in what a teammate should expect another teammate to do in this type of confrontation.

You're 100% right about that. I thought I clarified earlier that human nature can supersede any construct. Michael Jordan and Steve Kerr were teammates. Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton were teammates as well. You literally had two teammates pull out guns on each other in an NBA locker room. But I've already expended way more energy on this than I should have. I don't really care about Poole, Green, or GSW for that matter. This all started because I said Poole should've been ready for whatever came after that push. I'm not sure if what I've been posting here regarding this subject comes off as offensive or inappropriate to some. I never meant it that way. I am bowing out of this and sticking with Hawks talk. 

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

No, no shakes .... hurt people hurt people and all that.  Green was hurting so he'll step away to get the help he needs....

And, if you believe all that, I got beachfront property in Kansas to sell ya.  Friends and family prices, just for you.

Seriously though, if you're Poole, how you go back to that team?  Actually .... I just figured it out.  Follow me here ...

So, once he's reinstated, Green walks in.  A hush falls over the facility.  Then murmurs.  Then silence.

*gasp* Is he ... yes, yes he's walking over to Poole's locker.  Oh and Steve (Kerr) and Bob (Myers) are there with the PR folks.  And is that Holly Rowe?  Awwww, this is gonna be a tearful apology ... made for the 'gram.  I can't wait ... to retweet it.  Lemme get muh phone ready.  An, gotta flip to landscape for this'n.....

Bu-wait, uhm, what's that look on Poole's face?  Smells like a cross between devilish cunning and deeply-rooted hatred that never went away despite the Warriors' org claiming all is well.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47jsallttebhgpzv1hc8

Maybe Poole's just waiting 'til Draymond's guard is down and not expecting retaliation?  If so, this would be the perfect moment to .....

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47z4lwtfbcizyxian1qp9

100.webp?cid=ecf05e47h9psj2len8coyu6oa6q

Draymond!  You deserve it but ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e472vestoumh5i0593gww

Oh no, we're tooo laaaateeee .....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e473wny0tm0e3wj7i8avc

"Draymond, your thoughts?" - H. Rowe

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47esn6xlgfcy7i3mmysy

image.gif.13ad08480a72555728003c1f3434939e.gif

• Haha 3

It’s called keeping in your looooooove juice 🥤 😂 AC Green forever the virgin!

i_64_9f_f7_mikal-bridges.png?w=190

Kellan Olson: I asked Mikal Bridges, the current NBA Ironman, if he knows the all-time record. I informed him he’s close and only a little under 900 games away from A.C. Green’s mark. “Oh god! Jeez. God bless. He musta been playing tore up every day! I don’t know how he did that.”

• Haha 1