• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Offseason Ramblings

JayBirdHawk

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Looked about the same to me. How did it downgrade? 

Could just be operator error but when I go to watch highlights, the view is like off.  Too close, clip too short, can't flip to landscape view.  Am I doing it wrong? 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Could just be operator error but when I go to watch highlights, the view is like off.  Too close, clip too short, can't flip to landscape view.  Am I doing it wrong? 

I don’t think so, that’s what I do. :laugh:

• Moderators
On 10/7/2022 at 3:21 PM, hawkman said:

That altercation should have never got to that point. Green was being a jerk by getting in Poole's face. I have no problem with Poole pushing him off of him. But if you're going to do that, you have to be prepared for what usually comes next after that. I wasn't even shocked when Green punched him. The lead up to that punch looked like every single fight I've ever seen.

NBA teammates don't usually punch each other after something that minor.  Even in games against opposing players stuff like that almost never results in a punch being thrown.  Guys just jaw at one another and walk away.  That is very, very unusual among NBA players period let alone teammates.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

NBA teammates don't usually punch each other after something that minor.  Even in games against opposing players stuff like that almost never results in a punch being thrown.  Guys just jaw at one another and walk away.  That is very, very unusual among NBA players period let alone teammates.

We don't 100% know that because they keep it in house. That's why you saw so many NBA veterans chastising whoever recorded and leaked the altercation. Those dust ups are typically resolved in the locker room. We didn't hear about Jordan and Kerr fighting in practice until years later. You have guys in a highly competitive and testosterone filled environment. Fights are going to happen. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
23 hours ago, hawkman said:

We don't 100% know that because they keep it in house. That's why you saw so many NBA veterans chastising whoever recorded and leaked the altercation. Those dust ups are typically resolved in the locker room. We didn't hear about Jordan and Kerr fighting in practice until years later. You have guys in a highly competitive and testosterone filled environment. Fights are going to happen. 

Bear in mind that we know exactly how often it happens in real games with real stakes against opposing teams and that is about once every 3 to 4 years.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

As expected,

Not absolute, but if you're a PHX lurker here and you were looking for reasons to hope, this hints that ATL fully intends to keep both young-uns... JJ in a Crowder deal got a tick less likely.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Bear in mind that we know exactly how often it happens in real games with real stakes against opposing teams and that is about once every 3 to 4 years.

Hey, I get what you're saying about the context of the situation. I'm pretty sure Poole thought the same thing when he pushed Green. He thought wrong. That's a teaching moment about human nature. Again, if you're going to escalate an altercation, you better be ready for whatever comes next. That's why I will always attempt to diffuse a situation well before it becomes physical. 

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Hey, I get what you're saying about the context of the situation. I'm pretty sure Poole thought the same thing when he pushed Green. He thought wrong. That's a teaching moment about human nature. Again, if you're going to escalate an altercation, you better be ready for whatever comes next. That's why I will always attempt to diffuse a situation well before it becomes physical. 

Definitely the right way to think about things in the last part but to me this is also why GS and the NBA need to lay the hammer down on Green.  It should never be a part of NBA culture to throw punches.  These are multi-millionaires with massive amounts of money on the line.  Collectively, they should express their differences in a way that doesn't put that money in jeopardy.  (Hint:  This is exactly what they do in games all the time.)

On how Poole should acted, I actually don't think he much of anything to escalate the situation.  Green was already bumping into him in his face.  If he had pushed Green away and started flexing and jawing at him sure but he just pushed him to get him to back off.  Getting separation is step 1 to diffusing the scenario and after pushing him to separate the two of them he didn't move an inch towards Green or seem to do anything to escalate things.  Green was way out of line throwing the haymaker.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Definitely the right way to think about things in the last part but to me this is also why GS and the NBA need to lay the hammer down on Green.  It should never be a part of NBA culture to throw punches.  These are multi-millionaires with massive amounts of money on the line.  Collectively, they should express their differences in a way that doesn't put that money in jeopardy.  (Hint:  This is exactly what they do in games all the time.)

On how Poole should acted, I actually don't think he much of anything to escalate the situation.  Green was already bumping into him in his face.  If he had pushed Green away and started flexing and jawing at him sure but he just pushed him to get him to back off.  Getting separation is step 1 to diffusing the scenario and after pushing him to separate the two of them he didn't move an inch towards Green or seem to do anything to escalate things.  Green was way out of line throwing the haymaker.

I'm not saying how it should be. I'm saying how it is. Sometimes, $$$ and "culture" get superseded by human nature. Pushing someone during a heated exchange is absolutely an escalation. Pushing someone during a heated exchange never diffuses an altercation unless it's the more physically imposing person doing the pushing. That might make the other person think better of taking things any further. Unfortunately, Poole wasn't the more physically imposing person during that altercation. To clarify, I'm not defending Green's actions. I'm just saying that that altercation went through all of the typical progressions that lead to a punch being thrown or the two parties grappling with each other. Poole made a gross miscalculation if he thought that him pushing Green was the end of the altercation. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I'm not saying how it should be. I'm saying how it is. Sometimes, $$$ and "culture" get superseded by human nature. Pushing someone during a heated exchange is absolutely an escalation. Pushing someone during a heated exchange never diffuses an altercation unless it's the more physically imposing person doing the pushing. That might make the other person think better of taking things any further. Unfortunately, Poole wasn't the more physically imposing person during that altercation. To clarify, I'm not defending Green's actions. I'm just saying that that altercation went through all of the typical progressions that lead to a punch being thrown or the two parties grappling with each other. Poole made a gross miscalculation if he thought that him pushing Green was the end of the altercation. 

If you're talking about how it is, pushing basically never escalates into a "walk toward the guy and throw a haymaker".  We see it in hundreds of games every single year... the escalation started and ended with Draymond.  Blaming Poole for a harmless shove or even suggesting he "miscalculated" just seems misguided.  How do you know they haven't had an exchange like that before? Multiple times? Because we've all seen that exchange happens 100 times for every time a guy throws a punch... and people all over the internet can use anecdotes from the park or w/e to debate whether Dray's punch was a sucker punch or unexpected, but the fact Poole did not expect it at all is all you need to know.

People diagnosing that exchange like it's two dudes at the park in a pickup game are just off-base.  Dray definitely punched him like he was a stranger, which is why the whole thing is major news anyways -- "leader" of the team cold cocking the young all-star talented teammate for being cocky or w/e irrelevant exchange they had is very news worthy and not at all normal.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What the heck is this?

What the?  So many questions.  Aaaandd go...

- first of all, which of you is this?

- why am i just hearing of him being in an accident?  He probably emerged from the wreckage unscathed like the Terminator.  All the witnesses were appalled.   Sorry, too much imagination...

- is the guy joking and they're 'cool' or nah?  Can never tell nowadays. 

- @Spud2nique can you getcho boy into one-a those driving schools so his insurance doesnt go up too high?  Cmon man, find us a sketchy insurance agent to help! 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What the heck is this?

well, that kid just blew any chance he had at getting some actual money for his car accident with that stupid social media post.   

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, hawkman said:

this is nonsense.  Poole didn't escalate the situation.    And the only teaching moment here is pointing out what a POS and horrific teammate Draymond is.

• Like 3