• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Offseason Ramblings

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, aali34 said:

I get what you're saying, but it's still a 33 year old man knocking out a 23 year old kid.

There's a line you don't cross with friends and family. Verbally and physically. I'm never going to expect my brother to try and knock me out if I don't deserve it. 

These aren't street dudes in a rough environment, they're multi millionaires. In a vacuum you're right, but the context surrounding this makes it shocking that it happened. Especially since Green is trying to become a respected media member in the future.

That wasn't even a "let's fight" push, more like a get off of me push. 

If Poole did this I'd get it.

dejounte-murray.gif

Unfortunately for Poole, Green didn't see it that way. My point is, there's a lesson there to be learned. 🤣

• Premium Member

Warriors to investigate how TMZ obtained Draymond Green assault video

i_dc_52_d9_draymond-green.png?w=190Melissa Rohlin: The Warriors will investigate how TMZ obtained a video of the Draymond Green-Jordan Poole incident, according to sources.

Remember NFL's Ray Rice?  He originally got a slap on the wrist, but after that video came out, all hell broke loose. It will be interesting to see how GSW now handles it.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Warriors to investigate how TMZ obtained Draymond Green assault video

i_dc_52_d9_draymond-green.png?w=190Melissa Rohlin: The Warriors will investigate how TMZ obtained a video of the Draymond Green-Jordan Poole incident, according to sources.

Remember NFL's Ray Rice?  He originally got a slap on the wrist, but after that video came out, all hell broke loose. It will be interesting to see how GSW now handles it.

"You can suckerpunch a mutha, butchu bet not leak that tape." S. Kerr 

• Like 3

Rumor has it was someone in security and not part of the warriors organization. 

Anywho, Draymond should be suspended for that and for a long time.  You don't do things like that at work.  If any of us did that, we'd catch a charge along with fists.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, hawkman said:

Unfortunately for Poole, Green didn't see it that way. My point is, there's a lesson there to be learned. 🤣

For sure. Some dudes are crazy and don't let your guard down around crazy.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

The Bigger thing is I believe before the season is over, Poole will be moved.  It's too much.  He was bullied and Draymond has a definite purpose on the Warrior's team.  Poole IMO has too much pride to go back and be Dray's "Little man".   It's unfortunate but this is not exactly the same as Steve Kerr being punched by the GOAT.   That created respect.   I don't think this is that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

Anywho, Draymond should be suspended for that and for a long time.  You don't do things like that at work.  If any of us did that, we'd catch a charge along with fists.

Warriors have been enabling Draymond's toxic behavior for years. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, marco102 said:

Agreed 100% that if it was any of us at our jobs, we would be facing termination and criminal charges.

I work at a bar with every single one of my co workers being constantly drunk and beefing and this has never even happened there in the alcohol-fueled misery of a dive bar with too many drugs around.

• Premium Member

SAN FRANCISCO -- Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green publicly apologized and announced he will step away from the team for a few days following an altercation between him and teammate Jordan Poole, Green announced Saturday.

"No. 1, I was wrong for my actions," Green said. He added that he has apologized to Poole and Poole's family.

"There's a huge embarrassment that comes with (this)," Green said. "Not only for myself, as I was the one who committed the action ... but the embarrassment that Jordan has to deal with and that this team has to deal with, this organization has to deal with. But also Jordan's family. His family saw that video. His mother, his father saw that video. If my mother saw that video, I know how my mother would feel."

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Sometimes, a lot of times I wonder about these 'writers'

This is so bad, he wrote this after Nate said the only reason Frank played was because JJ was unavailable. Sigh!

Strong showings from a rotation of De’Andre Hunter sliding up, Onyeka Okongwu coming off of the bench, and even Frank Kaminsky behind John Collins further cloud the issue.

Is this guy even following the Hawks?????

Jalen Johnson could need a trade from the Atlanta Hawks to thrive

“After adding All-Star guard Dejounte Murray at the expense of three first-round picks this summer, the Hawks entered win-now territory,” suggests Zach Buckley of Bleacher Report, “or win-very-soon land, at least. That means developmental minutes could be even harder to find, which is bad news for Jalen Johnson after he rarely ventured off of the bench as a rookie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sometimes, a lot of times I wonder about these 'writers'

This is so bad, he wrote this after Nate said the only reason Frank played was because JJ was unavailable. Sigh!

Strong showings from a rotation of De’Andre Hunter sliding up, Onyeka Okongwu coming off of the bench, and even Frank Kaminsky behind John Collins further cloud the issue.

Is this guy even following the Hawks?????

Jalen Johnson could need a trade from the Atlanta Hawks to thrive

“After adding All-Star guard Dejounte Murray at the expense of three first-round picks this summer, the Hawks entered win-now territory,” suggests Zach Buckley of Bleacher Report, “or win-very-soon land, at least. That means developmental minutes could be even harder to find, which is bad news for Jalen Johnson after he rarely ventured off of the bench as a rookie.

Just init for clicks .... which they won't get from me.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

SAN FRANCISCO -- Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green publicly apologized and announced he will step away from the team for a few days following an altercation between him and teammate Jordan Poole, Green announced Saturday.

"No. 1, I was wrong for my actions," Green said. He added that he has apologized to Poole and Poole's family.

"There's a huge embarrassment that comes with (this)," Green said. "Not only for myself, as I was the one who committed the action ... but the embarrassment that Jordan has to deal with and that this team has to deal with, this organization has to deal with. But also Jordan's family. His family saw that video. His mother, his father saw that video. If my mother saw that video, I know how my mother would feel."

Screw all o them.  This isn't the first, second, or third time he's been unhinged but they've ignored it all.  Only reason he's "healing" now is because the tape leaked thus forcing them to act.  Lost a lotta respect for that organization.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ya step away triple single. You need it.

37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lost a lotta respect for that organization.

What? You had some to begin with? Ahhh kg you’re killin me today man. You’re showing up as Ranger Suarez who had respect for the Warriors and won’t give us a Hawk win total prediction.

Kamaaaaaaaannnnn guy (in my Wisconsin accent) :er:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What? You had some to begin with? Ahhh kg you’re killin me today man. You’re showing up as Ranger Suarez who had respect for the Warriors and won’t give us a Hawk win total prediction.

Kamaaaaaaaannnnn guy (in my Wisconsin accent) :er:

Karma prevents me from making predictions.  Just ask my GT brethren.  I've single-handedly destroyed several GT seasons with my predictions.  I won't put that evil on my Hawks. 🙁

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1