• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Offseason Ramblings

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
On 9/21/2022 at 1:29 PM, Spud2nique said:

I’ll get the soap 🧼.. OO a stud I can’t trade that and you won’t either once the season starts, he gonna spark wins.

I'm not going to disagree there.   But it sounds like you're saying Ayton is not a stud?

Ayton will flourish in our offense. 

I know the JC haters will want to replace OO with JC... well, OO has to show some range on his shot and some modified offense out of the PNR before we can talk that tawk.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, sturt said:

Yeah, I'm even just a little more happy that none of those Ayton predictions turned out... and a little more persuaded that McM likely wasn't exactly enthusiastic about the idea, assuming NBA brothers talk...

It's not a good look but definitely conformation for me that he will be gone by FEB.

I say we may go after him because of his skillset, size, and mainly the Economics. 

His contract is locked in now.

Our owners are not willing to part with LT funds so if we can make an equitable trade that prolly will involve OO who has shown great potential but will have to be paid in the future.   I think we may pull that trigger.   Hell, we probably won't have to give up the first. 

CC/OO for Ayton. 

Hell, after these comments, they may give us a first. 

CC/OO for Ayton/1st.

I had more...

Forget about what we are losing for a minute.

What is the weakness of 

Trae/DM/Hunter/JC/Ayton as our starting 5?

How far can they go?

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm not going to disagree there.   But it sounds like you're saying Ayton is not a stud?

Ayton will flourish in our offense. 

I know the JC haters will want to replace OO with JC... well, OO has to show some range on his shot and some modified offense out of the PNR before we can talk that tawk.

Did you see Ayton in the presser? We have to check for a pulse. Dude sounds like he has no passion or loyalty, I could be wrong. Make no mistake though the dude is young strong and will only get better it’s nuts his attitude is pretty bad. 

OO is gonna be ready.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's not a good look but definitely conformation for me that he will be gone by FEB.

I say we may go after him because of his skillset, size, and mainly the Economics. 

His contract is locked in now.

Our owners are not willing to part with LT funds so if we can make an equitable trade that prolly will involve OO who has shown great potential but will have to be paid in the future.   I think we may pull that trigger.   Hell, we probably won't have to give up the first. 

CC/OO for Ayton. 

Hell, after these comments, they may give us a first. 

CC/OO for Ayton/1st.

By mid season you will be happy we kept OO. We are in for a 2014-15 type year imo. Maybe not 60 wins but a strong 50 win club that’s dangerous and defensive in May and June.

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Did you see Ayton in the presser? We have to check for a pulse. Dude sounds like he has no passion or loyalty, I could be wrong. Make no mistake though the dude is young strong and will only get better it’s nuts his attitude is pretty bad. 

OO is gonna be ready.

I need to know more about the situation though.   I have a ton of respect for Monty and that's why I fall on the side of Monty.  But I have seen no taking of sides by CP3..then or now.  CP3 being a coach on the floor and a general and a leader in general should speak to him or should have spoken to him and Monty before we got to this place. 

The fact that there's silence about the matter and that Ayton still seems like he feels a way tells me that CP3 has not done any bridge building and ultimately suggests that he may side with Ayton on this?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

By mid season you will be happy we kept OO. We are in for a 2014-15 type year imo. Maybe not 60 wins but a strong 50 win club that’s dangerous and defensive in May and June.

I have no doubts that OO will step up.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy with OO. 

I'm looking at potentials and futures. 

By Feb, we're on track to win a chip.   The group may not make a move.  But by summer if Ayton is still unhappy in Phoenix and we don't win a chip, the group will consider strongly, very strongly making that move. 

People talk about Clint is old.  I think he's about 28...  OO has this against him, he's undersized.  That's why people are saying he should play PF and be more like BAM.  If he can pull it off, I would love to see it.   And if he does, it doesn't change the problem.  The problem is:

Hunter:  Extension. 

DM:  Extension. 

Then you get to OO.   He's going to need an Extension. 

I know the new deal is coming. 

However, trading a newly extended CC and to be extended OO will keep the Hawks out of the LT.  

Now if we win the chip, all of that changes.   I believe we will pay the Tax happily and be like GS.   If we get to the finals, same thing. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I say we may go after him

The very last thing that Travis Schlenk wants is to acquire a bad contract.

The next-to-last thing that Travis Schlenk wants to acquire is a headache for his head coach... in this case, a head coach who is best buds with the PHX head coach, and who then likely knows some stories that haven't been made public that would further illustrate why Ayton's not exactly been Monty's favorite.

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, sturt said:

Yeah, I'm even just a little more happy that none of those Ayton predictions turned out... and a little more persuaded that McM likely wasn't exactly enthusiastic about the idea, assuming NBA brothers talk...

"Are you happy to be here?"

"I'm alright."

hehehehe... yeah, I laugh a lot at other people's problems, but it's mainly just when it comes to sports... I'm usually a nicer more sympathetic type. 😄

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I tell people all the time that Harry is a different kind of mascot. I truly do enjoy watching him and his antics.

I think I told this story before: but he got me good, scared the crap outta me a few years ago. It was a game around Halloween - he was standing a few rows behind me with a big ass giant spider on a fishing rod. He let that thing down in front of me had me ducking in my seat almost on the floor ans swinging widly. First thing I did was check to see if I was on the jumbotron - luckily I wasn't. :laugh1:

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So you're really telling me that it's the same person in that suit every time?  That seems weird. 

The Gorilla in Phoenix was being stifled by Sarver. :justkidding:

Harry got Burd! I remember you telling us that story 😂.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
On 9/28/2022 at 8:27 AM, Spud2nique said:

I don't know if it is about him not having a pulse but he has made it aggressively clear, imo, that he did NOT want to return to Phoenix this season.  Seems like a  young man who absolutely hates where he is and can't wait to get out.  I think if he didn't have a pulse he would not be this aggressive and would be delivering feel good platitudes about how he is happy to be back, things are great with the coach, etc.  

He is absolutely pissed that Phoenix matched and is going to try to get himself traded.  Attitude is terrible and looks like it will remain terrible for as long as he is in Phoenix.  Big question mark whether he will embrace his next team as there is definitely a greater risk of someone souring on their next team after they did so with their previous one.  But I feel like it is just a matter of time until he is gone.

• Thanks 1