• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Offseason Ramblings

JayBirdHawk

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is not a great package.  Not sure you will get a single All-Star appearance from that group.  All about how those picks play out and Cleveland is pretty good.

Also not sure they didn't do Cleveland a favor by taking Sexton off their hands as it looked like they might lose him for nothing since they rightly didn't want to give him the big extension.

This was a stick it to NY move by Ainge lol....

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

Well,, Knick fans are crying.. lol

They don't know it yet but they got saved from themselves - they don't have a deep enough roster with just adding DMitch to give up the 4+ unprotected 1sts that Ainge wanted.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This trade changes nothing about the east.

Oh I don’t agree with that lol…this trade makes the east deeper and harder for our hawks. After the Murray trade I had the hawks guaranteed to make the 5th seed but after this trade I just don’t know.

cavs were a young team who finished 7th in defense last season and just added a huge need in Mitchell which is another scorer along with garland. As long as their defense don’t take too many steps back they are a much improved team.

their offense with Mitchell can only go up from here. I’m sure Evan Mobley will be even better offensively in his 2nd season.

yup I’m not so sure the hawks have anything locked up and I hope they take it seriously right out the gate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They don't know it yet but they got saved from themselves - they don't have a deep enough roster with just adding DMitch to give up the 4+ unprotected 1sts that Ainge wanted.

lol

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Oh I don’t agree with that lol…this trade makes the east deeper and harder for our hawks. After the Murray trade I had the hawks guaranteed to make the 5th seed but after this trade I just don’t know.

cavs were a young team who finished 7th in defense last season and just added a huge need in Mitchell which is another scorer along with garland. As long as their defense don’t take too many steps back they are a much improved team.

their offense with Mitchell can only go up from here. I’m sure Evan Mobley will be even better offensively in his 2nd season.

yup I’m not so sure the hawks have anything locked up and I hope they take it seriously right out the gate.

Only way this works is if Mitchell takes a backseat to Garland.  Good luck asking a multi-time all-star who's led(sic) a team in the vaunted West to a 1-2 seed and further in the playoffs, to play 2nd fiddle to a player he likely views as less than him.

Garland and Mitchell need the ball in their hands and folks predict Toronto-era Bosh-like play for Mobley.  The deferring wunderkind we saw as a rookie is not the expectation for that kid.  He's gonna want touches.  Levert is a selfish player.  Allen will be fine-to-great.  Asking Love to hold up all season is a tall ask.  If Rubio returns, the ball goes to his hands (not Mitchell's) when not in Garland's.  Beyond that, their bench is middling at best.

Mitchell set his sights on NYK, MIA, BKN ... and they sent him to cLEAVEland?  Trade looks great on paper but I'm not sold this is all roses just yet ..... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Only way this works is if Mitchell takes a backseat to Garland.  Good luck asking a multi-time all-star who's led(sic) a team in the vaunted West to a 1-2 seed and further in the playoffs, to play 2nd fiddle to a player he likely views as less than him.

Garland and Mitchell need the ball in their hands and folks predict Toronto-era Bosh-like play for Mobley.  The deferring wunderkind we saw as a rookie is not the expectation for that kid.  He's gonna want touches.  Levert is a selfish player.  Allen will be fine-to-great.  Asking Love to hold up all season is a tall ask.  If Rubio returns, the ball goes to his hands (not Mitchell's) when not in Garland's.  Beyond that, their bench is middling at best.

Mitchell set his sights on NYK, MIA, BKN ... and they sent him to cLEAVEland?  Trade looks great on paper but I'm not sold this is all roses just yet ..... 

you may be right but I think it’s a good chance they figure it out during the regular season. Playoffs I can see why wouldn’t be sold but looking at the east overall I believe 3-8 seeds are completely wide open if all teams are healthy and unfortunately our hawks are in that 3-8 seed discussion.

I got the Bucks and Heat as top seeded teams going into this season. I may give the Celtics a slight edge for 3rd seed due to the Brogdon pickup.

I think the Bucks and Heat biggest advantage over the teams in the east is their physicality. They play a more aggressive game therefore I believe it will lead to more wins for them throughout the season.

not down on our hawks we still have a good team but even if Trae and Murray are great together the east is so strong in my opinion it will not matter. We really need Hunter or Collins to have an all star season top be a top 3 seed along with Trae & Murray.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Incredible how overrated Ja is compared to Trae everywhere.  His numbers don't compare.  His metrics don't compare.  But he gets rated higher despite producing inferior production and despite missing a ton more games.  

I think it comes down to:

did_you_see_that_dunk_postcard-r33c4b20b

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

No lies detected. The knock on Trae was always winning, yet he took his team to the ECF. What has Ja done? The double standard is real.

If any other player lead the NBA in points AND assists they would be a 95.

bUt HiS dEfEnSe!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

2K23 ratings are dropping today. Hawks starting 5 leaked a little early -

Fb-huI0WQAIWCQ8?format=jpg&name=small

Trae is too low. 92 or 93 would feel about right. Murray should be 88. 

No complaints on Hunter, JC, or Cap. They all have something to prove this year.

Trae rating is fine, I do think they could boost his passing but his turnovers are bad

Murray should be a 88.

Hunter should be a 80 with something to prove. A 76 is Cam former rating, that's bench rotational. 

I am fine with Clint and JC for now. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae rating is fine, I do think they could boost his passing but his turnovers are bad

Murray should be a 88.

Hunter should be a 80 with something to prove. A 76 is Cam former rating, that's bench rotational. 

I am fine with Clint and JC for now. 

His turnover rate is better than the rest of the top players in assist rate (other than DM).  It comes with the territory.

How do you ding him for turnovers but not ding Chris Paul when Paul turns it over at a higher rate but with a lower assist rate?

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

His turnover rate is better than the rest of the top players in assist rate (other than DM).  It comes with the territory.

How do you ding him for turnovers but not ding Chris Paul when Paul turns it over at a higher rate but with a lower assist rate?

image.png

Questions that need answers! But seriously, the last impression of Trae and Ja in this year's playoffs were vastly different.