• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Offseason Ramblings

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, AHF said:

Lowry would have had a chance if his deliberate efforts to bait and injure Trae and Hunter had succeeded.  Him getting injured saved him from some Hawks hate because mine was building.  Butler just played good, hard basketball.  Tip of the cap to that.

Fixed. He did some things with Hunter that were "not basketball" plays as well. I lost a lot of respect for Lowry after that series. I never thought I would be glad to see a player get hurt. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Think we'd ever see today's star play some one on one?

Is that Kareem or Magic he showin handles. At :56 Dr. Spikes in on Kareem’s head that’s sick 🤒.

I got the Lakers one. OO slamma jamma!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgjzRdNDTEg/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is waaaay off topic but today is the day George Jetson was born. How many of those gadgets from that show are here now? My fave is 'The Snitcher-Picture taker' so basically a drone. What about the VisaBooth - that's like FaceTime and Zoom and the Hoverboards.

Screenshot_20220731-120700_WhatsApp.jpg

Omg my girlwife was telling me about this. 😂 that’s awesome 👏 

Another off topic. I hadn’t seen this but Sarver said this? 😯 

“He came to the gym and said that he is happy…. Actually happy,” Dragic said of an interaction with Sarver about missing the 2014 All-Star team. “So I asked him why are you so happy? He told me that it’s because he doesn’t have to pay me 1 million dollar bonus. And I was like, what kind of owner doesn’t want his own player to make the All-Star team. After that I said to myself .. I really don’t see myself being in this place any longer.”

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is waaaay off topic but today is the day George Jetson was born. How many of those gadgets from that show are here now? My fave is 'The Snitcher-Picture taker' so basically a drone. What about the VisaBooth - that's like FaceTime and Zoom and the Hoverboards.

Screenshot_20220731-120700_WhatsApp.jpg

Well, the thread is titled "ramblings."

You're fine.

But isn't the timing cool? Households vacuumed by Rosie, aka, Rumba, are already a thing... in 20 years, there really could be Rosie's doing more housework, dontchathink? 🙂

Oh. And. Before there was Jessica Rabbit, many of us grew up with a cartoon crush on Judy Jetson. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Windy doesn’t think that we are done making moves yet ? 🤔 

He said it.

But he said it, not as-if he has some intel, but as-if "That's what I would do if I were them."

It's very typical.

People think, both nationally and locally, at a shallow level about the 2021-22 team.

But .621 is a real thing. As-is .653.

God willing that our health pendulum finally swings back the other way... that shallowness will be exposed.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Windy doesn’t think that we are done making moves yet ? 🤔 

Who's that other dude?  Could they be more negative.   Look if you get the best player to change teams in an offseason for picks then that's a winner.   Of course the real trade is Cam/Kev/1st for Murray.  But i'd still do that. 

I hope he's right about more moves though as long as it doesn't involve Collins.  I know we're excited about our new lineup but our bench is suspect right now.   Bogi is an injury question mark.  OO is a improvement question mark and Justin Holiday is an age and fit question mark.    Those guys should be 6-8.   After that the question marks are even bigger. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sturt said:

Fading player who honestly just wasn't on anyone's radar as a consequence of his on-court performances?

Or.

As a consequence of his off-court (political) performances?

Political and Lebron didn’t like him. 

On 8/2/2022 at 1:44 AM, Spud2nique said:

Political and Lebron didn’t like him. 

Nah, he didn't like Lebron.  Lebron didn't know this guy existed despite his incessant nipping at James' heels.

He's outta the league because teams can find a serviceable player with his middling skillset who'll come without the baggage he brings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1