2022 Offseason Ramblings

JayBirdHawk

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The one that got away… :ninja: 

Step forward or I’ll go receipt 🧾 searching… :er:

Mario Hezonja signs with Real Madrid

i_b1_9a_7a_mario-hezonja.png?w=190

Top R

Yeah, this guy was as hyped as Darko.  Seemed to have the necessary ingredients but he flamed out pretty spectacularly.  

2 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Yeah, this guy was as hyped as Darko.  Seemed to have the necessary ingredients but he flamed out pretty spectacularly.  

Ya I think he came in too cocky and hyphy for his own good. I remember him jackin up shots but then again I think he was on the Knicks then so everyone was guilty of that. 😂 

• Moderators
On 7/19/2022 at 7:29 PM, marco102 said:

We are talking contract here. I'm saying hunter AAV of $20MM with the salary cap increase is a reasonable contract. I also added the caveat he needed to stay healthy and play solid defense. 

There's no way he's signing a 5 year $75 million contract.  If he does, I'll jump for joy.  5 years $100 million is what he's probably looking for. 

His career to date availability and performance aren’t worth close to 20M per.  This is betting on him being better.  I don’t think that is an unreasonable bet but it is clearly fraught with risk if he continues to miss significant time and perform like he has for the vast majority of his career.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

His career to date availability and performance aren’t worth close to 20M per.  This is betting on him being better.  I don’t think that is an unreasonable bet but it is clearly fraught with risk if he continues to miss significant time and perform like he has for the vast majority of his career.

Incentive laden contract similar to what Embiid had years ago or similar to Jonathan Isaac last year and Zion this past offseason.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Incentive laden contract similar to what Embiid had years ago or similar to Jonathan Isaac last year and Zion this past offseason.

I’d be down for that for sure because he deserves to eat if he breaks out.  The table is set for him for sure.  Should have reduced defensive responsibilities (he doesn’t always have to get the best guys when Murray can take him), he should benefit from the attention his teammates draw  on offense, and he should have a healthy summer to get himself ready to go from day 1 next season.  Whether we extend him or he comes into the season as a pending RFA, next season will be a chance to really show the league who he is.

• Like 4

I have Hunter at 16.5 mill a year for 5 years for a total of 82.5 million. That’s fair for both Hunter and the Hawks.

Really looking forward to see this kid in action again. He left us with that Miami showing there at the end and it was reminiscent of the memory Cam left us with his performance against the Bucks the previous season. Something tells me this Hunter one is built on a better foundation, no knock on Cam but Hunter may be a more mature player. We shall see. 🤞🏾 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Murray is a bit of a strange choice for a most improved candidate.  He broke out with huge improvement last year and will likely take a hit to his usage rate this year.  Doesn’t seem like the ideal formula for consideration for that award.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Murray is a bit of a strange choice for a most improved candidate.  He broke out with huge improvement last year and will likely take a hit to his usage rate this year.  Doesn’t seem like the ideal formula for consideration for that award.

His Usage will go down, but his efficiency will improve.   Think about the ham and eggers he played with in San Antonio.  He has moved up to the penthouse.  Teams won't be able to key in on him or Trae. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

His Usage will go down, but his efficiency will improve.   Think about the ham and eggers he played with in San Antonio.  He has moved up to the penthouse.  Teams won't be able to key in on him or Trae. 

Trae and Dejounte pulling up...

Dynamic duo GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Hawks fans... over the next few years...

Chips GIF - Chips - Discover & Share GIFs

Enjoying the Chips!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

3D chess, bro.  They're counting on ... #TraedYoung

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I am hoping for that too but it is raw counting stats that usually drives most improved awards.  It isn’t that I don’t think Murray can be better than ever but I am skeptical he gets as many shots and am pretty certain his assists will drop.  Most improved most often means a bigger role for bigger numbers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I dig!

Screenshot_20220721-173632_Samsung Internet.jpg

Our boys!!! 😃 

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Get that knee right Bogi! Get that 6MOY Award!

He looks like Gallo in the last pic, 😆

Hey I just came here to post this. Burd had it covered! :approved:

16 hours ago, AHF said:

I agree with this, but last season they kind of crapped on him for the award and gave it to Ja Morant. 

It'll be interesting to see, if he maintains  similar production with better efficiency, if they will give it to him this season.  I expect his assists to decline, but everything else may stay the same.

Edited by marco102

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I agree with this, but last season they kind of crapped on him for the award and gave it to Ja Morant. 

It'll be interesting to see, if he maintains  similar production with better efficiency, if they will give it to him this season.  I expect his assists to decline, but everything else may stay the same.

No way they will.  Ja's efficiency did improve a lot but let's face it he won the award because he took more shots than the year before and scored more.