• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Offseason Ramblings

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

KD staying.  called it.  (i think)

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.  Between KD, Kyrie and Simmons, I'd call the situation far, far from stable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, AHF said:

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.  Between KD, Kyrie and Simmons, I'd call the situation far, far from stable.

I think in January we see KD to PHX for Ayton/Bridges.  Of course i don't know if that's possible but i think it is. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think in January we see KD to PHX for Ayton/Bridges.  Of course i don't know if that's possible but i think it is. 

It will all come down to their record at the deadline - and if Kyrie and Simmons are actually playing.

• Like 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It will all come down to their record at the deadline - and if Kyrie and Simmons are actually playing.

Nothing screams stability like "will the core of my team actually be playing at the deadline?"  The last 3 years:

20 games, 54 games, 29 games - average 34 games per season

58 games, 57 games, 0 games - average 38 games per season

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Folks acting like this now makes BKN the favorite.   Please.  When was the last time Kyme played a drama-free season?  Then when was the last time KD played a drama-free season?  Then when was the last time Simmons played a drama-free season?

** Insert "injury-free" and repeat all the above.

Folks think them dudes respect Nash now after they had a 'meeting'?

This is like that time the Russians blocked off Chernobyl with haybales and turned to the residents and said, "Is done, back to work."

How was my Russian accent, AH? 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
Full Details:

The NBA will conduct weekly COVID-19 surveillance testing for unvaccinated players, while only testing vaccinated players when symptomatic in 2022-23, sources confirmed to The Athletic on Tuesday. The league’s health and safety protocols for the upcoming season also include immediate isolation upon positive tests. Face masks will not be required. Players will still be required by the Canadian government to be vaccinated or have a medical exemption to enter Canada and play against the Toronto Raptors at Scotiabank Arena.

2 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

And Knick fans are still miserable. Love it! 

Markennen, Sexton, Agbaji and 3 unprotected 1st...  NY couldnt beat that deal? lol.. Utah is in full tank mode.. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Markennen, Sexton, Agbaji and 3 unprotected 1st...  NY couldnt beat that deal? lol.. Utah is in full tank mode.. 

That is not a great package.  Not sure you will get a single All-Star appearance from that group.  All about how those picks play out and Cleveland is pretty good.

Also not sure they didn't do Cleveland a favor by taking Sexton off their hands as it looked like they might lose him for nothing since they rightly didn't want to give him the big extension.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is not a great package.  Not sure you will get a single All-Star appearance from that group.  All about how those picks play out and Cleveland is pretty good.

Cleveland perimeter D is gonna be lacking though...

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This trade changes nothing about the east.

Its always that 1 guy.. lol. I had Cavs fighting for a Playin spot before this trade... They should definitely be a Playoff-Playin team now imo... If not, what a horrible move.. lol

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Cleveland perimeter D is gonna be lacking though...

I don't see a ton of change from what it currently is but I still like Garland / Mitchell much better than Garland / Sexton.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't see a ton of change from what it currently is but I still like Garland / Mitchell much better than Garland / Sexton.

Sexton at least tries on D.. lol. But yeah not much difference I guess.. Should be better offensively for sure..

Edited by terrell