• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Lineups: How do you see it playing out?

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Starters:

1. Trae, Murray, Hunter, Collins Capela.

Who will be the 6th man? As in who gets off the bench first? Bogi or OO

Alternate Lineups:

2. Trae, Bogi, Hunter, Collins, Capela or Trae, Murray, Hunter, Collins, OO

3. Trae, Bogi, Hunter, JJ, Capela or Murray, Bogi, Hunter, JJ, Capela

Will we see Nate's all bench lineup?

4. AHol, Bogi, JHol, JJ, OO? (Yes , yes - one of Trae or Murray should always be on the floor)

Or a slight variation of

5. Ahol, Bogi JHol, Collins, OO

I think we have a solid experienced 8 of Trae, Murray, Hunter, Collins, Cap, Bogi, OO, JHol. AHol and JJ to that mix gives us a 10 man rotation.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why not both. 🤷‍♀️ people been saying that lately. You started it huh Burd? 

Who are we facing? For me it depends on the opposition and what we need. 

Trae, Bogi, Hunter, JJ, Capela

This one.. I think.. 

AHol,

🤭 

I think we have a solid experienced 8 of Trae, Murray, Hunter, Collins, Cap, Bogi, OO, JHol. AHol and JJ to that mix gives us a 10 man rotation.

Yup.

Playoffs though cuts out 1 and goes 9.

• Like 2

Who is first off the pine?  Depends on who needs a break.  Our 2 point guards will need to be separated so that one will be available all the time.  Murray out for Bogie works.  Then we can do Murray in and Trae out over and over, playing them together part of this time.

🧑‍🔧

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think those are the primary 8 players, but as stated previously I think Kaminsky will be our 4th big off the bench to start the season.  It will likely be an injury that changes the rotation, unless one of JJ or AJ emerges to earn significant PT.    

• Premium Member

I like having the 10 man, maybe even 11 man rotation, early in the season. If we can get JHol, JJ, AJG meaningful minutes early on, in think it will help us down the stretch. I would bring Frank the tank along slowly because is coming off an injured season and he is a savvy vet so it shouldn’t take him long to get up to speed late in the season. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

I think those are the primary 8 players, but as stated previously I think Kaminsky will be our 4th big off the bench to start the season.  It will likely be an injury that changes the rotation, unless one of JJ or AJ emerges to earn significant PT.    

Is there an injury update on Frank? Is he a full go for training camp participation?

Here are some notes from the Houston teams with CP3 and Harden that led the league in net rating:

While Harden was on the court, with and without Paul, the Houston offense thrived. But what is fascinating to me about these numbers is that the 1168 minutes where Chris Paul played and James Harden sat.  Keep in mind that these are for games in which both players played, so here Paul is leading bench heavy units at the end of the 1st and 3rd quarters and beginning of the 2nd and 4th, while Harden takes a breather.

In those Paul only minutes, the Rockets’ defense was really good, posting a 103.2 defensive rating! And the 115.7 offensive rating shows that Houston was able to keep its offense afloat with Paul and without Harden.  

Utilizing this stagger, the Rockets played only 171 minutes over the two seasons without both Harden and Paul, for those games in which both played. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 9/11/2022 at 5:09 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Starters:

1. Trae, Murray, Hunter, Collins Capela.

Alternate Lineups:

3. Trae, Bogi, Hunter, JJ, Capela or Murray, Bogi, Hunter, JJ, Capela

Will we see Nate's all bench lineup?

4. AHol, Bogi, JHol, JJ, OO? (Yes , yes - one of Trae or Murray should always be on the floor)

Or a slight variation of

5. Ahol, Bogi JHol, Collins, OO

2022-09-12_20-39-54.png

2022-09-12_20-40-34.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

My biggest concern with the lineups is going to need Nate's insistence on playing an all bench lineup.

Let's assume he does - how many minutes as a unit do you think they get?

I'll be watching closely in the preseason.

Pre-season (Like, right now) Is when all the "Who plays with who?" is decided because the team has a lot of practice time.  Once the season begins, Poof, it's gone.  Sure, things change as the season goes along.  But so many things are decided right now, or so it seems.  It is not set in stone.  

🚶‍♂️

I would say we have good starters (5) Young, Murray, Hunter, Collins, Capela.

2 good bench players: Bogi and OO

3 below average bench players: Aaron Holiday, Justin Holiday and Kaminsky

After that the gap is really big with some question marks as Jalen Johnson and Griffin, that hopefully works and a bunch of players that probably would not be on any roster on the NBA, not sure about Tyrese Martin.

I see lack of defense, size and strength on the 2nd unit unless AJ Griffin and Johnson really show they are good players, presumably they have the potential for that but I doubt Nate will give them minutes so the chances we are outscored on the 2nd units often are high.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Not a popular thing to say, but we don't actually have exceptional proof just yet that 2021-22 Murray is what we should expect. He has years of underperformance and only one season of high performance, which was the caution flag in making the deal Schlields did. Glass half-empty, he regresses to the mean, and BogBog returns to the starting line-up.

Otoh, I think Aaron's a little more valuable... a little... than he seems to have gotten credit. That's more a criticism of how he's been regarded than it is a compliment to how good he is. He's a decent player in reality. He actually has shot from the arc better than his brother. The ding on him is that he's PG sized, but more of a SG in terms of skill set... but you can do a lot worse at PG, still.

Aside: @gurpilo I see that your username means "the wheel"... in Basque... is there a story there? 🙂

• Like 1

Thinking twice with 7 good players probably we can keep 4 at the same time on the floor, I think that is the way to go but I see problems to cover efficiently the forward position, JJ or Griffin need to step up, that would be what we need on the roster.

hace 5 minutos, sturt dijo:

Aside: @gurpilo I see that your username means "the wheel"... in Basque... is there a story there? 🙂

Sure, I am an old days Hawks fan that lives in Basque Country in Spain. Have had the chance to go to some Hawks games on my business trips to US, lol. I grow up been a Nique fan.

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Sure, I am an old days Hawks fan that lives in Basque Country in Spain. Have had the chance to go to some Hawks games on my business trips to US, lol. I grow up been a Nique fan.

All good.

And "the wheel" was chosen instead of other Basque words because... ? You're a racing fan, too? You're always on the go?