• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae

theheroatl

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I put on NBA Today on the mother network. They talked about the Trae-Nate situation for 7 MINUTES, which is an eternity when it comes to Hawks coverage. Literally none of them thought it was a big concern for either Nate or Trae. Basically a nothing burger.  

Then Richard Jefferson laughed and said, "We just talked about the Hawks for 7 minutes."  

The most air time for the Hawks since the season started...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Maybe this was already posted.  

Nate has a policy where he rather players skip getting treatment and go to shoot around if even they are injured?

Its just a walkthru of offensive and defensive sets........ You can get treatment afterwards...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Nate: I would never, ever tell a player to stay away - pretty much said, Shams is a liar. :laugh1:.

Like Nate said: WE ARE MOVING ON!

So Trae just went home on his own without any regard for his teammates?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

It seems like Trae had his primadonna moment. Hopefully he learns how to handle this moving forward.

He should be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team if Nate didnt tell his ass to leave... That's crazy..

Everyone has been saying there was an ultimatum.. Nate didnt sound like there was...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nate says 'Okay' a lot 😀

I like Nate and I think he's a good coach.  Let me just say that and double, triple down on it.  I like that he took the opportunity to put out a statement and I like the answers he gave.

I'm still trying to process why Trae wasn't at the game.  Not calling anybody a liar, but Trae danced around that question for the duration of his interview and Nate makes a whole statement without really answering the question either.  I think I have my answer, but I don't like drama and I respect that the these professionals have buried it and are moving on.

In 37 years (damn I'm old...), I haven't liked a group of Hawks as much as I like these guys.  Well, I miss Gallo and KVon, so maybe I liked that ECF's team more.  Still, this is my favorite Hawks core though...and by a wide margin.  I loved Nique, as did everybody, and taking him out of the equation, Mutombo and Mookie are my favorite Hawks of all time....but I like this whole team and our coach.  I need them to get it together...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I like Nate and I think he's a good coach.  Let me just say that and double, triple down on it.  I like that he took the opportunity to put out a statement and I like the answers he gave.

I'm still trying to process why Trae wasn't at the game.  Not calling anybody a liar, but Trae danced around that question for the duration of his interview and Nate makes a whole statement without really answering the question either.  I think I have my answer, but I don't like drama and I respect that the these professionals have buried it and are moving on.

In 37 years (damn I'm old...), I haven't liked a group of Hawks as much as I like these guys.  Well, I miss Gallo and KVon, so maybe I liked that ECF's team more.  Still, this is my favorite Hawks core though...and by a wide margin.  I loved Nique, as did everybody, and taking him out of the equation, Mutombo and Mookie are my favorite Hawks of all time....but I like this whole team and our coach.  I need them to get it together...

You know how Jada had an Entanglement...Trae and Nate had a Miscommunication (not my word but Nate)
😆 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Maybe this was already posted.  

Nate has a policy where he rather players skip getting treatment and go to shoot around if even they are injured?

Let me stop ya'll right here.......lol

If I was as good as Trae Young and I'm hurting...and Nate tells me walk it off or I gotta come off the bench?  I'mma do it.  I'll come off that bench BUT... My mouth is gonna print off an endless stream of coupons for spicy, F***-FLAVORED entrees and...AND I'mma tell you exactly where you can put 'em for use later.

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, theheroatl said:

It seems like Trae had his primadonna moment. Hopefully he learns how to handle this moving forward.

Trae has primadonna moments just about every game.      Refusing to take distance heaves at the end of quarters because he doesn't want to hurt his FG%?  How else would you describe that???

• Sad 1

On 12/5/2022 at 9:11 AM, Sothron said:

Newsflash for those that need to hear this: There is zero chance the Hawks trade Trae. It would take him going public with a trade demand for that to happen and there's no way that's going to happen. Trae is the Face and he knows it and so does Ressler and the FO.

I know how low key this team is with drama and we as fans aren't used to drama between players and coaches. People are overreacting about this. Yes, they had an argument and it was ugly. Yes, both of them handled it wrong. That's just life in the League. 

"Trae is the face and he knows it"... thats kinda the problem here lol. Hell of a player but the organization gave him too much control and he has all the backing by the ownership group.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 6:39 PM, Sothron said:

This is bigger than a shoulder issue. The real issues are what I laid out. Trae thinks Nate's offense is a relic from the late 90's and he wants to change it up some. He wants to do catch and shoot. He doesn't care if the ball is in his hands less as long as the offense is more diverse and frankly not just isolation sets. 

Nate wants a faster pace and Trae to pick up his defensive play. Notice how Trae mentions he works on something new every offseason, which is 100% true, but there's one part of his game he never mentions. Ever. And I mean EVER. What is that? His defense. 

Im not so sure this is true. Nates offense is relic and needs to be changed but Trae WANTS the ball.